• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well Newcomb's day just went from bad to really bad. Hader is dumb, but you have to be even dumber to not see the warning signs and not scrub your twitter after what happened to him.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Well Newcomb's day just went from bad to really bad. Hader is dumb, but you have to be even dumber to not see the warning signs and not scrub your twitter after what happened to him.

Thank god, he never took BP in a tee-shirt and shorts.

Bdub

Agreed, but what stupid outrage. Omg an 18 year old kid quoted some rap lyrics and called someone a fag. No teenager has ever shown such lack of judgement!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'd be more concerned that he was stupid enough not to go back and delete the tweets, not that he said fag in a tweet.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why wouldn't they shop Harper? Feels like there's almost no chance he signs with them.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'll weigh in since I'm the General Manager of a futuristic fake baseball team.

I think they probably shopped him lightly or did due diligence and decided not to trade him.

The Machado package was not impressive (4 players and no future stars) and Machado is having a better year than Harper. I was in favor of trading him until I read the theory-crafted trades that would land him - teams' 3rd ranked prospect and some throw-ins. It was worse than the WBL trade field.

Also, they still might extend Harper - only ownership and Rizzo know if that's their goal and his price has not gone up this year. They also still have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Holy fuck the Pirates are dumb. Meadows and Glasnow for Archer who has like a 4.50 ERA

His numbers are pretty good. Not his fault the Rays have a bunch of statues playing the field.

Glasnow is probably a reliever. He's got good stuff, but has shown no signs of ever controlling it. Meadows should be good and I'm sad to see him go. At least Archer isn't a rental, he has three years left on a pretty team-friendly deal. Of course, we wouldn't be talking about this if the Pirates' cheapskate owners had re-signed Gerrit Cole instead of trading him for a bag of balls in the offseason.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well who knows, I thought they got one over on the Rays with Dickerson so it may not be so bad. I thought Glasnow still had starter potential, if not then I guess its okayish.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Cashman has been terrible this year. The Yanks shipped like 15 prospects for JA Happ and Lance Lynn and still don't have more than 1 competent starter. Meanwhile the Sox get one of the better 2B in the league for almost nothing

NML

Yeah unfortunately for Cashman, he’s always going to be compared to his Sox counterpart. JD has been lights out, so Stanton doesn’t look as good. Then you’ve got Pearce who’s been red hot and Kinsler who is still producing at a high level

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I cable cut and just listen to radio so I'm shocked 3 years late by this stupid strike zone box in the ESPN broadcast tonight. Dumb

NML

Chris Sale’s last 10 starts: 65 IP, 0.69 ERA, 109 Ks

Sox are 50 games over .500. Seven teams haven’t won 50 games