• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
USA today put together this list. What do you think?

10. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Marcus Mariota
8. Jameis Winston
7. Ryan Tannehill
6. Sam Bradford
5. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
3. Matt Ryan
2. Cam Newton
1. Andrew Luck

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

10. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Marcus Mariota
8. Jameis Winston
7. Ryan Tannehill
6. Sam Bradford
5. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
3. Matt Ryan
2. Cam Newton
1. Andrew Luck

Is this the list of guys that will be watching the playoffs from the couch/collecting paychecks to throw INTs? Teddy Bridgewater isn't playing this year and might not ever play foozbawl again so I'm not sure how he's on this list. Also, how are not one but TWO Vikings QBs on this list?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lawd, that list is so bad. Rapist has nearly as many turnovers (49) as he has TDs (57), but he's a top 8 QB in the league? Teddy Bridgewater, who won't have played for two years after this season? Tannehill? Flacco? No Rodgers or Brady? I'm pretty sure you got trolled, Reel.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Are those the best QBs drafted in the current decade? I don't even know what that list is supposed to be

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Michigan had 11 players drafted this year. Where did you get the other 11?

I can answer that for Michigan - none of their offensive linemen were drafted.

Michigan had 4 out of their 5 offensive linemen named as either 1st team or 2nd team All B1G this season.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan had 4 out of their 5 offensive linemen named as either 1st team or 2nd team All B1G this season.

-YTC

Not meaning to jump all over you, but they had 3 fifth year seniors on that line and none of them were drafted. That's a much better indication of talent than all Big Ten lists - especially the media's - who just say Michigan was good this year so let's give their OL some all Big Ten love! Cole was the only plus lineman one that line, and he was a junior last year. He also struggled against any decent DTs he faced all year.

Reel

Community Liaison
my bad LMAO

but it was best qb's drafted in the last 10 years or something

NML

Andrew Luck should not be ranked ahead of Cameron Newton and Matt Ryan.

double-take.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

-YTC

UCLA had two All Pac-12 selections on their O line and Wazzu had zero, despite the fact that Wazzu's line was rather good last year and UCLA's was a revolving door all season. Those teams always favor bigger name schools.

NML

Team success doesn't mean ur a good QB. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl

Newton was worse than Bortles last year.

Ryan has been consistently above average for his career - besides last year.

Luck has been on some terrible teams

Reel

Community Liaison
Team success doesn't mean ur a good QB. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl

Newton was worse than Bortles last year.

Ryan has been consistently above average for his career - besides last year.

Luck has been on some terrible teams

Dilfer didnt win MVP tho.

newton probably was worse than Bortles last year, but im not talking about that. I'm talking his MVP/SB appearance year.

Ryan...no real argument there, but still...MVP and SB appearance in the same year

Luck is also in the AFC south where with a shit record, for the most part, he is considered to win it every year on paper

you not selling me on Luck NML

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Newton was incredible in 2015, but last year was the worst year of his career and I'm pretty certain he'll never replicate what he did in 2015.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If by "caping hard af" you mean I thought Bradford wasn't given enough help in St. Louis for most of his tenure there then yes, it was me. I've never claimed he was gr8 or anything.

evil1

For their careers:
Ryan has a 64.9 completion percentage, 2.1 TD-Int ratio, and 93.6 QB rating
Cam has a 58.4 completion percentage, 1.7 TD-Int ration, and 86.1 QB rating
Luck has a 59.2 completion percentage, 1.9 TD-Int ratio, and 87.3 QB rating

Cam Newton has posted a higher QB rating than Andrew Luck in 3 of the past 5 seasons and made it to the Super Bowl and won a MVP
Matt Ryan has posted a higher QB rating than Andrew Luck in 4 of the past 5 seasons and made it to the Super Bowl and won an MVP

Just as a passer, Luck has slightly better numbers than Cam Newton. However, given Cam's additional rushing yards and rushing TDs (and that whole leading his team to the SB thing), I think there is a legitimate argument that Cam has been better than Luck so far in their careers.

I'm not sure what the argument is for Luck over Matt Ryan. So far, Ryan has been the better passer across the board.

Reel

Community Liaison
If by "caping hard af" you mean I thought Bradford wasn't given enough help in St. Louis for most of his tenure there then yes, it was me. I've never claimed he was gr8 or anything.

nah man...maybe it wasnt you then...but someone was catching feelings about it

i'm too lazy to find the quotes but it was some "he got one of the best arms in da league" or some position like that

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Bradford does have a better arm than he was given credit for coming out of college, but I don't know if it's in the upper tier of NFL QBs. He also has prolly the worst knees in the past 20 years of NFL QBs so there's that, too.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Not meaning to jump all over you, but they had 3 fifth year seniors on that line and none of them were drafted. That's a much better indication of talent than all Big Ten lists - especially the media's - who just say Michigan was good this year so let's give their OL some all Big Ten love! Cole was the only plus lineman one that line, and he was a junior last year. He also struggled against any decent DTs he faced all year.

It was not only the media poll, but the corches poll as well that had 4 of the 5 on their 1st 2 teams. Also, Phil Steele (@Brick) had the same for his All-B1G selections.

UCLA had two All Pac-12 selections on their O line and Wazzu had zero, despite the fact that Wazzu's line was rather good last year and UCLA's was a revolving door all season. Those teams always favor bigger name schools.

Yeah, I know how that sort of thing works with these all-conference teams.

It's just funny to me that the o-line would be the reason why Michigan wasn't able to finish better than 3rd with all that NFL talent. Seeing how they were heralded by the media and the corches. I mean, they had 14 guys be either 1st or 2nd team All B1G according to Phil Steele (who I know watches a crap ton of games, so I would think he has a decent opinion on the matter) including those offensive linemen.

From an outsider's perspective, it sure seems like it would be something else, but I could be wrong.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The things you're missing are that the Big Ten's OL talent was bad this year (Big Ten had 3 OL drafted), and Speight had his worst two games of the year against Iowa and Ohio State.

I know you like to troll about them being third, but they lost 2 Big Ten games by a combined 4 points. They missed out on first place in the Big Ten East by literal inches. It was partially bad OL, partially inconsistent QB play, and a good helping of bad luck. The OL was holding them back from being Alabama instead of just a top 10 team last year.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
The things you're missing are that the Big Ten's OL talent was bad this year (Big Ten had 3 OL drafted), and Speight had his worst two games of the year against Iowa and Ohio State.

I know you like to troll about them being third, but they lost 2 Big Ten games by a combined 4 points. They missed out on first place in the Big Ten East by literal inches. It was partially bad OL, partially inconsistent QB play, and a good helping of bad luck. The OL was holding them back from being Alabama instead of just a top 10 team last year.

Okay, so the B1G's OL talent was bad. Was Michigan's not the best of a bad bunch then? It certainly appears that way, but I've been wrong before.

I'm just flabbergasted that a team could have NFL caliber players all over the place, have the best OL in the conference, AND one of the best corches in CFB and can't finish higher than 3rd. That must have been quite the large sized helping of bad luck.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Okay, so the B1G's OL talent was bad. Was Michigan's not the best of a bad bunch then? It certainly appears that way, but I've been wrong before.

I'm just flabbergasted that a team could have NFL caliber players all over the place, have the best OL in the conference, AND one of the best corches in CFB and can't finish higher than 3rd. That must have been quite the large sized helping of bad luck.

-YTC

49-10

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
First, you've used the score between two teams as some type of conclusion to a conversation, and then you end your sentiment with an exclamation point?

SAD!

-YTC

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I don't know what it is supposed to mean that MICH had the best shitty OL? Something something winning the special Olympics.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It means that they finished 3rd in a division of a conference in which they had the best o-line, the most players drafted, AND an amazing, spectacular, not overrated at all coaching staff.

JAR201166

10. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Marcus Mariota
8. Jameis Winston
7. Ryan Tannehill
6. Sam Bradford
5. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
3. Matt Ryan
2. Cam Newton
1. Andrew Luck
Tannehill is more like 700