• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2019-2020 ERRZZ

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

giphy.gif

NML

Congrats to the Erzzzz - real shame they win a title the one year it doesn't really count but hey, i don't make the rules

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I always found the "history travels with the team" in the NBA so dumb. Those Minneapolis titles don't count lmao, it's a whole different team.
They're franchise titles. I'd count them as long as Boston counts the titles with 9 team leagues.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The saddest thing is people longing for the 70s and 80s, aint nobody care about the Celtics anymore. The fact that Lakers fans even consider them at all is weird to me (@pavel is old so I understand his fascination). If the Celts made it it would have been over in 4 so I'm just happy we got an extra 2 with the better team making it.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
They're franchise titles. I'd count them as long as Boston counts the titles with 9 team leagues.
I'm aware of what they are and how it works it's just stupid. Once you move start over counting is just how it should be. The MPLS Lakers are just the MPLS Lakers. The Seattle Sonics are the Seattle Sonics.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm aware of what they are and how it works it's just stupid. Once you move start over counting is just how it should be. The MPLS Lakers are just the MPLS Lakers. The Seattle Sonics are the Seattle Sonics.

Sports as a whole are stupid, which is why it's so FUN to argue about. Too bad the Sonics didn't do anything for the Thudner to claim.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What was the deal when the Rhubarb took the Sonics from the weak city of Seattle? Did they just keep the logo and the branding?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
"ARE THE CLIPPERS 13 TIMES NBA CHAMPIONS? Legal and technically, yes. Just like the Lakers, when they moved from Minneapolis to LA, they adopted their history and titles, the situation is the same: two franchises that change their name, location and absorb the past in the same season. In this case, the Clippers with the 13 rings of the Celtics, and Boston with the short track record of the Braves.

“Yes,’’ Granik said. “In a strictly legal sense.” That was Russ Granik answering to the question if the Clippers are the heirs of the Celtics. “My understanding, as best as I can remember, is that the current Celtics team is a successor to the Buffalo Braves.” Granik was the NBA’s assistant general counsel in 1978 when Levin and Brown signed the deal. Also, he is not the only one who sees that way."

https://www.alejandrogaitan.com/en/celtics-braves-trade

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
"ARE THE CLIPPERS 13 TIMES NBA CHAMPIONS? Legal and technically, yes. Just like the Lakers, when they moved from Minneapolis to LA, they adopted their history and titles, the situation is the same: two franchises that change their name, location and absorb the past in the same season. In this case, the Clippers with the 13 rings of the Celtics, and Boston with the short track record of the Braves.

“Yes,’’ Granik said. “In a strictly legal sense.” That was Russ Granik answering to the question if the Clippers are the heirs of the Celtics. “My understanding, as best as I can remember, is that the current Celtics team is a successor to the Buffalo Braves.” Granik was the NBA’s assistant general counsel in 1978 when Levin and Brown signed the deal. Also, he is not the only one who sees that way."

https://www.alejandrogaitan.com/en/celtics-braves-trade

But in the NBA world, none of that legal mumbo-jumbo matters,” said Granik. The change meant that the Celtics back then had a new owner and the Braves moved to San Diego with also a new owner. Nothing changed. The Celtics will always be the Celtics

Eh - the Baltimore Ravens could legally claim all those titles the Browns won back in the 1950s and 60s, but they'd probably just be satisfied with the more recent pair of Super Bowl wins, while letting the current Browns cling to a past that nobody but the Walt Kowalskis of the world remembers.