• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Good for him. I thought he might retire before this season, but I guess he wanted to give it one more shot. You can tell he just doesn't have it in him anymore. Married and happy with a big health scare. Not worth it. Retire while you still have a long time to enjoy those millions.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Good for him. I thought he might retire before this season, but I guess he wanted to give it one more shot. You can tell he just doesn't have it in him anymore. Married and happy with a big health scare. Not worth it. Retire while you still have a long time to enjoy those millions.

Darrell Waltrip's seat at FOX got a lot warmer today.

Iron

As seeing Bowman is one messed up restart away from winning at Phoenix last year in like his 10th start in good equipment, I'd say he'd be a worthy pick.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Hendrick probably shelves the 88 and brings back the 25.

Great win for Bottas today. Love hearing the Finnish national anthem. So much better than ours.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I don't know, Hendrick owns a fuckton of dealerships. Those places have been making money hand over fist since the economy crashed. Wonder if Forbes has their net worth?

*edit* I stand corrected. I forgot Penske has dealerships too. I just thought of the truck lines.

Bdub

So does Penske personally not really care about NASCAR? He is always at the IndyCar races and actually calls the races for Helio. Is he actually ever at a NASCAR race?

goblue96

So does Penske personally not really care about NASCAR? He is always at the IndyCar races and actually calls the races for Helio. Is he actually ever at a NASCAR race?

He's always been an open wheel guy who owns a NASCAR team as a hobby.

Definitely the brains of the family. His brother, David, struggled to keep a Chevy dealership, that Roger gave to him, open. David was, at least, smart enough to sell when the land became more valuable than the dealership.

Bdub

He's always been an open wheel guy who owns a NASCAR team as a hobby.

Definitely the brains of the family. His brother, David, struggled to keep a Chevy dealership, that Roger gave to him, open. David was, at least, smart enough to sell when the land became more valuable than the dealership.
He is a absolute legend in the IndyCar world. He raced in two F1 races and had an opportunity to drive in the Indy 500. Realizing that Mario Andretti could actually win the race for him, he let him drive the car instead.

Crazy he is 80 years old and is still calling races.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I've actually got Adobe Illustrator open and creating new designs right now. Just got done doing two more Superflo shirts on Tuesday.

Superflo2-1.jpg Superflo3-1.jpg

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Any concern over legal issues with using names, logos, etc from the movie on those shirts?

The numbers aren't trademarked anymore. I'm sure the name "Superflo" still is, since you can still get it at an auto parts store (obviously Exxon and Mello Yello are too). But there are TONS of DoT shirts out there with branding on them.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
If this were a new movie, I'm sure they'd be all over it like stink on shit. Since it's 27 years old, not so much. I'm not stupid enough to do a Dinoco or Rust-eze shirt.

goblue96

If this were a new movie, I'm sure they'd be all over it like stink on shit. Since it's 27 years old, not so much. I'm not stupid enough to do a Dinoco or Rust-eze shirt.

Considering the legal restrictions I have to deal with when selling Disney vacations, Disney would fuck your shit up if you started to sell knock-off Cars shirts.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Go search "days of thunder shirt" on google. Mine don't even show up. Tons of crappy designs out there to get to first.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
The old school nascar stuff would be great licensed. The nascar store has Bill Elliott gear with Coors and Melling on it. I've been waiting for stuff like that for a decade.

Wolfman21

The old school nascar stuff would be great licensed. The nascar store has Bill Elliott gear with Coors and Melling on it. I've been waiting for stuff like that for a decade.

Bought my dad one of those melling shirts. I love his old coors stuff. Bought an old coors shirt off ebay for 20 bucks and its in good condition. Sadly, a large in the 80s is more like a small today so its good for nothin more than decoration

goblue96

I would be all over some Neil Bonnett Budweiser gear.

BamaRedwingsFan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Might do a Talladega Nights shirt doe.

I'm thinking about doing throwback nascar stuff. Maybe just a number and a sponsor, no driver name. Or just a number. I kinda want a Tim Richmond shirt anyway.
How about some Stroker Ace shirts lol
b15be1de5fb85ef8739728713a8dc75b.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

goblue96

212 mph lap. Could you imagine the speeds they could hit if they took the plates off today? My goodness

On April 30, Bill Elliott had set what remains, 25 years later, the all-time NASCAR qualifying record, 212.809 mph, in a Ford Thunderbird.

In the garages, angst was pervasive, especially among the Chevrolet teams. Drivers reported that the rear tires of the Monte Carlo SS were lifting off the pavement going into Turn 3 of the mammoth, 2.66-mile speedway.

:scared::scared::scared:

goblue96

Fact during the re-air: Tim Richmond missed the first 11 races due to illness.

NASCAR still can't admit what Richmond had.

Iron

Carl Long has finally been "unbanned" from cup after 200k fine in 2007 that didn't get paid. He plans to field a car next week.

Wolfman21

lol, these announcers are horrendous....michael waltrip is a buffoon and mike joy just said that chase said something that he never said. My goodness