• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It was your boys that finished 3rd, whitey...

I know.

giphy.gif

-YTC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If Spartak qualify, Moscow will be the 3rd city ever to have 3 teams in the group stage simultaneously

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
For a second there I was almost roped into a Liechtenstein 3rd tier club and country run on FM!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I haven't tried that create-a-club mode or whatever, could Utopian players take over the Liechtenstein soccer pyramid? (Guess I could also just use the editor)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I figured Vaduz was just like the stray Andorran and San Marinese clubs that play in the bigger countries

Snorky's Shame

Never thought I'd say this but I hope ESPN gets Serie A, after seeing the half-assing Turner gave to UCL. It would probably only be Juventus games, whereas at least ESPN might show the Milan Derby or the Rome Derby too!

You (and I) got your wish, ESPN signs multi-year deal with Serie A. Hopefully now they can get an official app...

I only got ESPN+ for MLS. I paid $20 less than MLS Live and now I’m also getting Serie A. Good deal.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My heart says we get the Genovese derby but my head says we only get Juventus games, but I'll take it!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It sounds like one game a week will be on ESPN/ESPN2, and all of the other games will be on ESPN+. That's not bad at all.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I hope the Turner scheme is a complete failure.
Just playing matches on TNT is a total joke plus no Europa league. I don't get why they'd get the rights to just show 4 matches a week when they could easily show 12.

ESPN+ is a great deal at $5/month if you like soccer. I watch lots of MLS on it plus now they'll have Serie A (and I think they got FA Cup/EFL non PL matches).

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Turner is trying to boost its sports streaming service and the perfect way to do that is put things people want to watch on it. It’s no different than back in the 90’s when ESPN was trying to increase the carriage of ESPN2 and put college basketball games like UNC-Duke on the network.

Snorky's Shame

I think most people are worried about the price point with Turner’s service as ESPN+ is half as much and you’re arguably getting much more.

Also I can just get a pirated steam quite easily now as opposed to the 90’s.

If La Liga wants to compete with the other major European leagues, it has to ditch beIN:

Premier League: NBC/NBCSN
Ligue Une: beIN
Bundesliga: FOX/FS1
Serie A: ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN+
La Liga: beIN

I’m sure the higher-ups at Barcelona and Real Madrid are interested in getting a much better US deal because if not, they’ll just go back to selling their TV rights on their own which will eventually hurt the other teams in the league.

I think ESPN will show the Sunday Night Serie A game as Saturday’s are reserved for College Football in the fall (understandable) and College Basketball in the winter (why? the product sucks now). Probably means a lot of Milan and teams not in the UCL. The Friday Night game is also a possibility.

doh

I'm assuming they'll show lots of midweek games. Nothing else on except garbage talking head stuff. And yeah I bet lots of Sunday matches.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Cazorla is for some reason either wearing a cup under his shorts to just wander around the field, or perhaps more inexplicably has some kind of erection

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Batshuayi to Valencia on Loan, maybe with option to buy but that isn't clear yet. Bet he goes and scores every other game like he did at Dortmund, while Morata and Giroud flail helplessly at Chelsea.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Already practicing his fuckshit goals for the world stage, as thats the only way we will be able to compete with the big boys!

Snorky's Shame

ESPN+ now has the FA Cup, Eredivisie, Chinese Super League and A-League.

I hope it’s still $50/year when I renew next year.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Already practicing his fuckshit goals for the world stage, as thats the only way we will be able to compete with the big boys!

This actually looks very much like Central American goalkeeping, so we should employ this tactic specifically.

bruin

It's been really good. Top Rank just signed a major deal with ESPN/ESPN+ through 2024. 54 fight cards a year. Plus this.

Community Shield stream was excellent. Pacquiao/Matthyssee was solid.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Inter's transfers in this window:

Stefan de Vrij
Sime Vrsaljko
Radja Nainggolan
Kwadwo Asamoah
Keita Balde
Lautaro Martinez
Matteo Politano

Still gonna get smashed by Juve in Derby d'Italia, but I really like the 2-4 slot race in Italy this year.

doh

Incredibly happy they got Eredivisie. I was sick of having to watch awful streams to see Ajax.

Brilliant by ESPN to have those + USL/MLS. They're going to have live soccer online almost 24/7.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That defender must have been watching Arsenal this past weekend.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
So La Liga want to pull a reverse NFL and play official games in the US

Snorky's Shame

Probably going to be Barcelona/Real Madrid playing Getafe or someone of that ilk in Miami. Probably in late December or in January so it doesn’t affect the UCL.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah, Zenit overturning a 4-0 first leg deficit to a Belorussian club via an 8-1 victory isn't suspicious at all...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also, 4 of those Zenit goals were a man down.

After being knocked out of UCL by Slovakian Champs Trnava, Legia Warsaw were knocked out of Europa by Luxembourgese champs Dundelange.

Snorky's Shame

Also, 4 of those Zenit goals were a man down.

After being knocked out of UCL by Slovakian Champs Trnava, Legia Warsaw were knocked out of Europa by Luxembourgese champs Dundelange.

Living in Chicago, I always get shit from Polish fans saying how good their league is and how shit MLS is so I laughed at this.

I guess Zenit really needed those Europa League games to pay for their new stadium.

Anyone follow what’s going on a Bordeaux? Basically Poyet took a bat to Bordeaux’s board during a press conference and promptly got fired. Now the team is refusing to train in protest. This really is a club that should be battling for the Europa League spots every year.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Living in Chicago, I always get shit from Polish fans saying how good their league is and how shit MLS is so I laughed at this.

I guess Zenit really needed those Europa League games to pay for their new stadium.

Anyone follow what’s going on a Bordeaux? Basically Poyet took a bat to Bordeaux’s board during a press conference and promptly got fired. Now the team is refusing to train in protest. This really is a club that should be battling for the Europa League spots every year.