• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
These refs in the Hornets-Cavs game are horrid. It seems like everyone is on the verge of fouling out.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
rhubarb finally back to .500, although they don't really have a standout win. Next three games: @ Spurs, @ Pels, vs. DUBS. Should be an interesting week.

NML

Simmons pooped all over Lonzo

Not sure I understand benching Lonzo but then again I’m not a BIG BALLER

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
one of those games i suppose

Toronto on the second night of a back to back, and just come out hitting everything from 3

good news is, rondo looked great and will definitely be needed moving forward. Offense flowed so much better when he was out there.

NML

one of those games i suppose

Toronto on the second night of a back to back, and just come out hitting everything from 3

good news is, rondo looked great and will definitely be needed moving forward. Offense flowed so much better when he was out there.

Raptors are a top half team and they’ve had some terrible luck lately, they were due to go off.

Anyone watched the Knicks this year? Is Porzingis a legit MVP candidate?

Reel

Community Liaison
Raptors are a top half team and they’ve had some terrible luck lately, they were due to go off.

Anyone watched the Knicks this year? Is Porzingis a legit MVP candidate?

yea...just sucks that it was against the pels...on to Denver next.

I havent watched a full game, but i think he is a product of not having to defer to Melo and feels more comfortable knowing its his team

I wouldnt say he is an MVP candidate tho. Just my .02

evil1

Not sure I understand benching Lonzo but then again I’m not a BIG BALLER

The Lakers are developing several other young players in addition to Ball. It's only fair to play them in the 4th quarter if they are clearly playing better.

I am not overly concerned with how a rookie PG plays in the first 20 games of his career. Lonzo does a lot of things well but he has been shown a clear flaw in his game. What will determine his future is whether he will accept that he has to work hard to correct this flaw.

When he was drafted, Lonzo repeatedly said that he doesn't need to fix his funky shot because it worked well in college. Um, bitch, you need to fix your shot.

sayo

YEET
You can't be a pg in this league and not have the ability to shoot off the dribble going either way. You just can't. That's why the comparisons to guys like Kevin Martin or Marion make no sense. Those guys weren't asked to shoot off the pnr. His mechanics have to change.

Another issue is he just doesn't seem all that athletic or anything. You see a young guy like Simmons, who can't shoot either, just bully into the lane with his handle, size, and athleticism. Lonzo only has the size for now. I'm still interested to see what he can change but it sure as shit isn't looking good.

Reel

Community Liaison
The Lakers are developing several other young players in addition to Ball. It's only fair to play them in the 4th quarter if they are clearly playing better.

I am not overly concerned with how a rookie PG plays in the first 20 games of his career. Lonzo does a lot of things well but he has been shown a clear flaw in his game. What will determine his future is whether he will accept that he has to work hard to correct this flaw.

When he was drafted, Lonzo repeatedly said that he doesn't need to fix his funky shot because it worked well in college. Um, bitch, you need to fix your shot.

took austin rivers a few years to correct that hitch in his shot

but oddly enough, he is shooting better from 3 than he is anywhere else below the 3pt line

Zo's might be more difficult as his shot is based on a winding motion that allows him to get that force in his shot

evil1

Let me be clear, overall I like what I have seen from Lonzo. But his potential is going to have a hard ceiling until he shows that he knock down some shots.

Now with Embiid, something that works a ton in his favor is that the NBA hasn't had a big man of his quality in several years. I think most NBA teams have forgotten how to defend a truly gifted big man in the post.

Reel

Community Liaison
i meant to watch the sixers errzzz game last night, but not gon lie, once the pels game was out of hand, i got sleepy lol

but i want to watch Embiid play

NML

If the Lakers are more concerned with developing Jordan Clarkson over Ball, well, I think that says a lot about their opinion of him right now.

Sayo said it a few pages back but I'm not really sure what Lonzo does. He's not super athletic, not a great defender, can't shoot. He's just good at passing and tall (for a PG). But small PG's who are super athletic are going to destroy him.

He either needs to really develop another part of his game or needs to be surrounded by a super team. I can't seem him being effective otherwise.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Let me be clear, overall I like what I have seen from Lonzo. But his potential is going to have a hard ceiling until he shows that he knock down some shots.

Now with Embiid, something that works a ton in his favor is that the NBA hasn't had a big man of his quality in several years. I think most NBA teams have forgotten how to defend a truly gifted big man in the post.
Hell I forgot what it was like to watch a truly gifted big man. It is so satisfying

sayo

YEET
What have you liked from lonzo, exactly? All he does is insta pass to an open teammate like the shook kid in a pick up game.

Reel

Community Liaison
What have you liked from lonzo, exactly? All he does is insta pass to an open teammate like the shook kid in a pick up game.
i've only seen him play against the pels...he gets into the offense super quick...i mean, i guess depending on your system, you see that as a value that no one else on the team can provide.

he is unselfish, so you wont see him pounding the ball into the court for half the shot clock

:dunno:

bruin

Lonzo also sat out the entire 4th quarter Monday night in Phoenix. Luke Walton likes to ride the hot hand. It happens.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
How fucked is LaMelo that LaVar is actually his teacher now too? Ho Lee Fuk

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
At least LaMelo doesn’t have bow down to Trump like LemonJello so LaMelo has that going for him.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
LOL at that press conference. You could tell Trump insisted that they all personally thank him the way his name was being dropped.