• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

Wolfman21

Agreed.. Deal with it
200_s.gif

Gooksta

His foot shouldn't be off the ground in that slide at all. That's the problem with the slide.
he is in the process of trying to get it down when Kang plants his foot there. Sorry coughlan can't figure that out in the split second he decides where he is sliding try to make that play tough for Kang..

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
he is in the process of trying to get it down when Kang plants his foot there. Sorry coughlan can't figure that out in the split second he decides where he is sliding try to make that play tough for Kang..

The fact that it's off the ground that late means it's dirty. That's the point.

Gooksta

Both there legs are moving to the same spot at almost the same exact time. But it's dirty. just lol. Coghlan juumps into his slide before Kang goes to move his front foot, but yet he knows exactly how kangs leg is gonna be before he even moves it.. great logic

Gooksta

Kang cleared the bag and was in a perfect position to avoid a wipeout slide. That is a technique that you are taught in Little League, which doesn't matter much at that age since players are required to slide straight into the bag. Kane was likely expecting a hard slide since players can go out of the way to break up a double play in the Majors. Guess the coaches need to start teaching players how to avoid late slides accompanied with a scissor kick to the knee. Therefore, we need to blame Little League coaches.

Opinions.
Baserunners take out slide is deemed legal if he can reach the bag. Which coglan can and did do,and coghlan jumped into his slide as kangs left foot was still on the bag. To say he knows how Kang will come off the bag and intended to hurt Kang is absolutely absurd

Wolfman21

Baserunners take out slide is deemed legal if he can reach the bag. Which coglan can and did do,and coghlan jumped into his slide as kangs left foot was still on the bag. To say he knows how Kang will come off the bag and intended to hurt Kang is absolutely absurd

You're takin it a different direction. No ones saying he intended to hurt him. Just that it was a dirty slide

Gooksta

Dirty does not always mean "intent to injure". Coghlan could have thought he was doin a perfectly fine slide but when you look at it, it's dirty
Smoltz and Joe Sherman on mlb network went over it. Dirty never came up. Said coghlan did what every baserunner is taught to. Just an unfortunate situation. Off to dinner. Bye guys

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I actually think "dirty" does insinuate intent to some, which is why I have not called it dirty. I think it's often futile to try to judge intent and especially when analyzing split second baseball decisions. It was not a safe slide at all, though. He slid way too late.

I would not be surprised if MLB modifies the rules to protect infielders from plays like this btw.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Smoltz and Joe Sherman on mlb network went over it. Dirty never came up. Said coghlan did what every baserunner is taught to. Just an unfortunate situation. Off to dinner. Bye guys

Smoltz got shelled the only time I saw him pitch in person, Orioles were up 7-0 in the second. Opinion void.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Man..really fustrating watching the Astros choke away the final part of this season. They really need multiple guys to get red hot if they want to get a playoff spot.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's hard to say from that angle, but it certainly looks borderline to me (depends on what his foot is doing, which you can't see from that angle). It does look like he's out of the base path though, so it might be an illegal slide in the first place.

Gooksta

It's hard to say from that angle, but it certainly looks borderline to me (depends on what his foot is doing, which you can't see from that angle). It does look like he's out of the base path though, so it might be an illegal slide in the first place.
Definitely illegal. No way he can reach the bag

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Lol. Illegal slide is now not dirty, but a legal slide is.. great logic

But logic that got you back to choking that chicken. Poor chicken doe. The chicken was just starting to get some color back but now it's back to turning blue.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: