• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

bruin

Steve%20Garvey%20and%20Cyndy%20Truhan.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Harper bitch

love that someone bit on that Robert Fick post. I actually loved that guy back in the day.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is going much better than the Cops game. Oy, they fucking suck.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't care about hockey, but I would almost trade a good Nats season for a Caps Stanley Cup if it meant Nats fans would shut up about the DC Sports curse fairy.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Phils are so bad. Well run AAA teams could take a series off what RAJ has put out on the field.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Can any Padres fans tell me if that's true? All I found about Gwynn is that he was only struck out by a single pitcher 3 times in a game once. That's a different stat, although Bryant still would have tied that stat impressively today.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gwynn only struck out like 20 times a season or something, so I imagine it's true.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He only had 34 multi strikeout games, which is incredible.

I'm confused how Boggs got 8.4 WAR with like 3 home runs and Gwynn got 8.5 WAR with 7 HRs but prevailing MLB philosophy is still to swing 100% all the time and not care about strike outs. I'm oversimplifying, but still. Maybe the next moneyball tactic is to draft a bunch of slap hitting lefties.

Gooksta

I'm confused how Boggs got 8.4 WAR with like 3 home runs and Gwynn got 8.5 WAR with 7 HRs but prevailing MLB philosophy is still to swing 100% all the time and not care about strike outs. I'm oversimplifying, but still. Maybe the next moneyball tactic is to draft a bunch of slap hitting lefties.
Xtra base hits put you in scoring position.. so slugging + walks beats singles plus walks

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

This is the biggest thing that is killing pace of play/time of game. I think there are so many more pitches taken now than before.

Gooksta

That really didn't address his point.
Yeah it did. Doenst matter how many singles you rack up. If you are a singles hitter, it will be virtually impossible to get ops/ops+ high enough to be considered valuable..or even wOBA/wOBA+. you arent finding Gwynns or Boggs off the street

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
If Tony Gwynn played east of the missisippi he would have been considered the best baseball player in the last 50 years, easily

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I am telling you, the Padres get a quality 2B and they are in good shape for the long season, assuming they can tighten up the shitshow errors that seem to happen every game.

So many years' worth of bad teams, but this feels a lot like those teams of the late 90's, early 2000's in that they don't just lay down and die when they get down a few runs. Decent enough through the lineup, good bullpen, good front of the rotation guys, a few big bats. Nice buzz around town...

The '98 season started like this, too.

Gooksta

I am telling you, the Padres get a quality 2B and they are in good shape for the long season, assuming they can tighten up the shitshow errors that seem to happen every game.

So many years' worth of bad teams, but this feels a lot like those teams of the late 90's, early 2000's in that they don't just lay down and die when they get down a few runs. Decent enough through the lineup, good bullpen, good front of the rotation guys, a few big bats. Nice buzz around town...

The '98 season started like this, too.
Cub fans feel almost the exact same way bout the Cubs. Lulz