• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 Premier League

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Alright cool, if they don't whatevs. Obviously if they do it'll be at minimum 2-3 years from now and realistically probably after Aguero is gone/Bony falls off a cliff

chibob

Alright cool, if they don't whatevs. Obviously if they do it'll be at minimum 2-3 years from now and realistically probably after Aguero is gone/Bony falls off a cliff

City just dont nurture talent at all.

They go out and buy the finished product because they can.

worst2first

There's a rumor that Idrissa Gueye is coming to Villa. I don't know much about him but he's supposed to be good.

sayo

YEET
I need a club to follow. I'm going to start watching the Premier League next season since it's the easiest league to watch from here in the states. Any suggestions? I don't need to support the best teams (shit, I'm a Trail Blazers fan), but I'd at least want to follow a team who has an exciting style/group of players and isn't run by a bunch of mongs. After doing some light research, Everton, Swansea, and Tottenheim seem like interesting prospects. Thoughts?

NML

We had the same convo with Worst last year and he went with Aston Villa.

We have a decent Liverpool following here and they are in no danger of winning anything anytime soon. But will always finish in the top part of the league.

Everton has Tim Howard. Stoke has Geoff Cameron and they are making efforts to really compete. I'd watch Crystal Palace just for Zaha.

chibob

We have a decent Liverpool following here and they are in no danger of winning anything anytime soon. But will always finish in the top part of the league.

Everton has Tim Howard. Stoke has Geoff Cameron and they are making efforts to really compete. I'd watch Crystal Palace just for Zaha.

Bold

chibob

Bolasie

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
@chibob - I lost the original post and thread where you were wondering about why people don't think Ospina is all that good. I'll just respond in here.

Ospina is a very good shot stopper, but I don't think he's an elite goalie. I'd put him a notch below that, probably similar to a Guzan/Howard/Forster level. Above average shot stopper, good decision maker, weak everywhere else. His problem is that he's not very good anything else for a goalie. He's short (6 foot at most), which means he has troubling dealing with crosses. He can't claim them with authority. He doesn't command the box all that well (and Szczesny is actually pretty good at that, excepting when he decides to go crazy). His kicking is terrible. He has trouble getting goal kicks over the halfway line. I'm not all that confident in his handling, after he bungled two easy shots in the last game of the season for Arsenal. Those things are really what separate someone like Neuer from other shot stoppers. Ospina is a good goalie, but he's not elite.

And I think all this stuff is important for Arsenal, because their defensive organization can be really bad. A good goalie can really help with that. Lehmann was very good at that at the beginning with Arsenal, hence his big shutout streak in the Champions League when Arsenal was starting Senderos and Djourou. That's why I think Arsenal needed an upgrade at goalie more than anything else for their defense. I don't think Ospina saved them many points this year - their defense got better in the second half, but that's also when Mertesacker and Koscielny were healthy and playing together almost every game. Ospina didn't cost Arsenal points, but I really don't think he gained them any either.

Could Arsenal win the league with Ospina in goal? Yeah, sure. But Cech helps them a lot more than Ospina does in my opinion.

Plus, Cech is better rated in FIFA than Ospina is :trollface:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I know you're trolling but someone did a comparison of the vital stats for a CB (assuming user controlled, of course, because that negates the awareness ratings) and Benteke was better than like 4/5 of the top overall rated CBs, lol.

chibob

@DeadMan good points, not sure I agree wholeheartedly.

Cech thinks hes walking into that number 1 spot. Watch Wenger do an Enrique.

For casual fans: Luis Enrique, the manager of Barcelona, plays keepers on a constant rotation depending on the competition.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Wenger normally plays his #2 in the FA Cup and League Cup. Maybe he'll just add the Champions League to that? I doubt he does much more than that.

DanishDonut0

@sayo what about Southhampton? You're already used to having a bunch of your players leave.

That being said I always root for Soton and hope they do well

chibob

Cech almost certainly is walking into the #1 spot. I imagine that was a big part of the negotiation up front. No way he leaves Chelsea just to go be a #2 at another club.

No shit.

The point is that it all comes down to performance, and no start is guaranteed.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
No shit.

The point is that it all comes down to performance, and no start is guaranteed.

Cech is still a fantastic keeper. Barring some crippling drop in form, he'll be the guy between the sticks week in and week out. Either that, or Arsene is the dumbest motherfucker in north London.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I need a club to follow. I'm going to start watching the Premier League next season since it's the easiest league to watch from here in the states. Any suggestions? I don't need to support the best teams (shit, I'm a Trail Blazers fan), but I'd at least want to follow a team who has an exciting style/group of players and isn't run by a bunch of mongs. After doing some light research, Everton, Swansea, and Tottenheim seem like interesting prospects. Thoughts?

Join me on the Tottenham side of things. I don't know if there are any other Spurs fans here. I was in the same spot you were last season, and selected the Spurs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them.

-YTC

jdlikewhoa

Join me on the Tottenham side of things. I don't know if there are any other Spurs fans here. I was in the same spot you were last season, and selected the Spurs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them.

-YTC
Haven't been likable since they fired Ted Lasso

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'd play Ospina in the league until he gets injured.

Heisman06

I am @whiteyc_77. Tottenham isn't a bad choice as far as mid-tier teams. My old roommate was a Spurs fan so I'd watch them with him when Chelsea wasn't playing at the same time. Eriksen and Kane are pretty damn good and they recently signed Yedlin too.

Stoke, Everton and Swansea (not as much without Bony) are some other mid-tier teams I like to watch/kind of root for when not facing Chelsea.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sounds perfect for a premier league bottom feeder

NML

Every year it's debated, but I think the greatest effort ever was everyone making it to the 6th match day before losing interest.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I has Cleverly on my team. Never again

Heisman06

I have 3 total including me wanting to play if we can get a decent number. I've never played fantasy soccer so it'd be interesting.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
utopia fantasy heads are a fickle breed. I won the ship one year and packman farted on me for the trophy

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm willing to play. I'd basically be donating money to the winner, but I'd like to learn more about the Premier League, and this would be a great way to do it.

Let me know how many squigglies it will be, and I'm in.

-YTC