• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I think watching NBA players embarrass civilians on the court would be more entertaining than actual basketball to me.

There's way too much "put me out there, even I could do that!" floating through our sports fandom.

sayo

YEET
I think watching NBA players embarrass civilians on the court would be more entertaining than actual basketball to me.

There's way too much "put me out there, even I could do that!" floating through our sports fandom.
Have you seen the Brian Scalabrine challenge? He basically takes on the best players in the Boston area. He doesn't even look like he's trying. I think at the time he was out of the league for 2 or 3 years.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He shuffles so much it'd make Patrick Ewing blush

Heisman06

This offseason has been the opposite of 2010 for the Heat. This roster looks bad. There's a couple good young pieces but you'd rather guys like Winslow and Richardson (or Tyler Johnson if we match) to sit behind vets for another season of 2.

With the latest reports saying Miami is likely to match the offer to Johnson, the roster is pretty much set outside of 1-2 guys. I'm under the assumption that Bosh sits and retires but that's just a wild guess. I'm also assuming Beno Udrih signs for the minimum.

Dragic/Beno/Briante Weber
TJ/Richardson/Ellington/McGruder
Winslow/James Johnson
Derrick Williams/McRob/Bosh(Inj)
Hassan/Haslem

Woof. No parades for @Bmack any time soon.

R2D2

76ers' lineup needs to be(although they will still only win 20 games):

PG: Bayless
SG: Stauskas
SF: Simmons
PF: Noel
C: Okafor/Embiid

Need to just release Embiid. Fucker is gonna be injured before October.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
76ers' lineup needs to be(although they will still only win 20 games):

PG: Bayless
SF: Simmons
C: Okafor/Embiid

Need to just release Embiid. Fucker is gonna be injured before October.

Surely you mean:

PG: Simmons
SF: Saric
C: Okafor

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Buddy is making me so wet right now. Lawd
Well they couldn't do anything with it lol

I think the pels may have gotten a steal in the second. Dude is very raw though. He gon need to learn to stay on his feet of he wanna get some real pt

DanishDonut0

@sayo

SfmB8jZ.jpg

I've heard a a completely different perspective of Dame with DMs through some Portland girls :laughing:

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I watched a lot of Simmons in college and I have watched a good portion of his last 2 summer league games.

- Court vision passing ability like Lebron/Bird/Magic
- Can get to the rim damn near anytime he wants with his handles/size
- better than average rebounder, not afraid to mix it up inside
- not a threat from outside, or mid-range yet, but form is good and I think he eventually becomes respectable from outside (ala Magic)

I predict that Philly triples their win total (34-40 wins) and makes the playoffs this year with Ben averaging 15 pt, 8 rbs and 8 ast stat line this year.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Philly tripling win total = Colangelo wins 2017 GM of the year

Ray Charles would have picked Simmons #1, but yeah probably. Now what to do with Okafor, Embiid and Noel. He has to trade one of them doesn't he?

#trusttheprocess#hinkieknew

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Token black erzzzz friend is the only person I know that watches summer league. I guess as an Erzzzz fan it's the highlight of the season

Brick

simmons has a lot of hard work work to do if he wants to be a decent scorer in the nba imo. he is gonna have a lot of very ugly games.

Reel

Community Liaison
What I've come to realize, I know I know, it might have always been obvious, is that there is a huge drop off in talent b/t draft picks and the dleague.

I just "enjoy" it for what it is

sayo

YEET
I watched a lot of Simmons in college and I have watched a good portion of his last 2 summer league games.

- Court vision passing ability like Lebron/Bird/Magic
- Can get to the rim damn near anytime he wants with his handles/size
- better than average rebounder, not afraid to mix it up inside
- not a threat from outside, or mid-range yet, but form is good and I think he eventually becomes respectable from outside (ala Magic)

I predict that Philly triples their win total (34-40 wins) and makes the playoffs this year with Ben averaging 15 pt, 8 rbs and 8 ast stat line this year.
So he is a 6-9 Rondo? Banking on someone working out their jumper is never a guarantee.

evil1

I was able to see Tim Duncan's first NBA game in person (Halloween night in Denver).

I think everyone saw this coming, but it is going to be weird having the NBA with no Kobe and no Duncan.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
So he is a 6-9 Rondo? Banking on someone working out their jumper is never a guarantee.

A "6'9 Rondo" would be pretty damn awesome (minus the attitude issues). Also Rondo's shot has always looked bad in terms of his shooting form. Simmons stroke looks fairly smooth to me and I think he will eventually make teams honor his mid-range game.

Reel

Community Liaison
I told y'all Simmons got exposed, but nah, y'all wasn't trying to hear me.