• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Errbody got mad at me for being a deborah today when I said the Clips were too good. I still think it will go 6 but I don't think Thudner win.

colb

Great defense, Brooks. Great defense. LA was just hitting shots. Keep it up. They'll cool off. They always do... right Brooks? Right?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Griffin with a huge flop, then hooks Ibaka's leg who tried to get out and gets the tech. I can't stand wtching the KKKlipz play.

doh

You act like him trolling Ibaka is stopping this ass whipping from happening.
Huh? No one is saying that has any effect on the game. We're saying it's so lame to watch/Griffin is a d-bag. Can you decipher the difference between the two?

EDIT: And Griffin runs into Durant then falls away like KD just punched him. Lawd.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Poor wil' baybee RUSS

idr6ihudqywpN.gif

MiamiU26

That's what he does but the focus shouldn't be on that. OKC hasn't made any attempt besides hack a jordan to play D.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Oh, OKC mailed this one in big time, there's no disputing that. Like I've been saying all along though, it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Oh, OKC mailed this one in big time, there's no disputing that. Like I've been saying all along though, it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

My cost accounting professor would say that when discussing the break even point formula. "You figure out your break even point, and then its all gravy from there." This was done in a very country accent.

My favorite though was a trinidadian finance professor who discussed Rate of Return and would say "you will make out like a bandit." He would talk about debt in the capital structure and say "If you don't pay they will send heavies to your door to collect." I think the accent made it amusing at the time.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
didn't watch the game much but your going to beat very few teams who make 15 3's on over 50% shooting and 58% overall fg

They only got like 15 pts from the bench, gonna need more then that

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
My cost accounting professor would say that when discussing the break even point formula. "You figure out your break even point, and then its all gravy from there." This was done in a very country accent.

Haha, exactly. And my break even point vis a vis the Thunder is that they exist in OKC and have KD, RUSS, and Serge playing for them. I just can't get all that worked up when things go awry.

evil1

The trouble for OKC in this series is that CP3 is overall slightly better than Westbrook. If OKC loses one of the match-ups involving Westbrook and Durant, I don't think the rest of the team is good enough to make up the difference. Luckily for OKC, there are only a handful of teams where this may come up, but the Clippers are one of them.

As for the Indiana-Washington series, WTF happened to Roy Hibbert? Seriously? Most of teh other players on Indiana appear to have righted themselves, but I can't remember the last time I saw a player drop off as fast as Hibbert has done.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
He's good for 6 or 7 games a year, and everybody gushes. The problem isn't Roy. It's what y'all expect from Roy. He is who he is.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Haha, exactly. And my break even point vis a vis the Thunder is that they exist in OKC and have KD, RUSS, and Serge playing for them. I just can't get all that worked up when things go awry.

The point is they won't have KD, RUSS, and Serge playing for them after these current contracts are up if they don't try to win. I'm sure you'll still be the #1 "just roll the ball out there guys glad we have a team" fan when they are throwing out a team like the Sixers did in 4 years.

MiamiU26

The Heat struggled a little this season and it goes on Lebron(media says) since he is their leader. Even if he got his numbers, he didn't do enough to win during their struggles (media says).

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
so...

what exactly happened in GS? Didnt they make the playoffs a couple of times under Jackson?

Chase

Lofty expectations this year. He had the Warriors playing like the late 90s Heat/Knicks when they should be playing an uptempo offensive game like the D'Antoni Suns. Steve Kerr should corch there.

Mark Jackson has to be brought back to announce the finals doe.

Reel

Community Liaison
The Golden State owner doesn't like Mark Jackson for some reason. That what I heard.

are they under new management or something?

I have no clue about how this franchise is run but did this owner hire him?

Bucksin04

Bm-lVzeCUAEvIRF.png

Yeah. That? You probably can't do shit like that and keep your job.

Also, shout out to the Kings for being the only NBA team in California with both an owner and coach.

Last edited:

doh

Mark Jackson did a bunch of things you really can't do. He banned Jerry West from practice. He basically had no assistant coaching staff. Lacob HAD TO fire him. He had no choice unless Jackson was willing to change a lot of what he did.

That said: Lacob being a cock sucker with a huge ego (for someone who has accomplished nothing in sports) in a way forced Jackson to act that way. He's a joke who hired his son straight out of college to be basically #3 or #4 in charge of basketball decisions. His son who was a good HS player and was slated to be an INTERN for the Suns under Steve Kerr is now making decisions.

Joe Lacob also promised an arena under the Bay Bridge by 2017 on Piers that had literally zero chance of happening by then. So he panicked and now is building an arena in a shitty part of SF no one lives. He's a clown.

Reel

Community Liaison
wow...didnt have any idea that was going on. Who in the hell does he think he is to deny "the logo" to come to practice?

doh

Where is this shitty part?
South of where ATT Park is. I believe Mission Bay is the name of it. It's all in development no one lives there. There is no BART there and CalTrain is about a 20 minute walk away.

Maybe it'll be built up in a few years but as of now there's an under construction medical center there and nothing else.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
South of where ATT Park is. I believe Mission Bay is the name of it. It's all in development no one lives there. There is no BART there and CalTrain is about a 20 minute walk away.

Maybe it'll be built up in a few years but as of now there's an under construction medical center there and nothing else.

Is it close to the niners stadium?

doh

Is it close to the niners stadium?
Nope Niners Stadium is in Santa Clara which is about an hour plus south. It's basically impossible to build anything in SF so Niners had no choice. Warriors had to buy land off of SalesForce and will have to privately finance arena. The much better location they had before was basically disrupted by environmentalists and people who lived around the area who wanted a park.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nope Niners Stadium is in Santa Clara which is about an hour plus south. It's basically impossible to build anything in SF so Niners had no choice. Warriors had to buy land off of SalesForce and will have to privately finance arena. The much better location they had before was basically disrupted by environmentalists and people who lived around the area who wanted a park.
No i meant candlestick

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Going to Candlestick just sucked. Power going out didn't help, but it was just so hard to get to/leave the game.

doh

Going to Candlestick just sucked. Power going out didn't help, but it was just so hard to get to/leave the game.
Maybe the worst major stadium in history of sports. I've been to a lot of stadiums and nothing about Candlestick was good.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Damn hippies.