• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm sure that Durant leads the league in Free Throws because he's a clean-nosed, upstanding player who would never resort to such trickery, and is all about HARD WORK WORK.

-YTC

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Biggest advantage for Warriors in Game 7 is CP3 looked awful in Game 6. He could barely move around and didn't play as much as he normally does. The dude is always hurt and never been passed the second round. Interesting how people pile on Carmelo about not getting far into the playoffs but Teh Tool gets a free pass.

doh

They need to retroactively fine folks for flopping. Something significant too.
I agree and they should total up flops like techs. So maybe like 25 obvious flops = 1 game suspension. Let's see what happens if the NBA actually does something about it. I give MLS credit they are fining guys for "embellishing" fouls.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Biggest advantage for Warriors in Game 7 is CP3 looked awful in Game 6. He could barely move around and didn't play as much as he normally does. The dude is always hurt and never been passed the second round. Interesting how people pile on Carmelo about not getting far into the playoffs but Teh Tool gets a free pass.

Pretty sure Melo's Nuggets teams were better than CP's hornets teams. Melo's NY teams are another story tho.

Chase

Zach Randolph suspended for game 7. NBA ensures the Thudner's books will be balanced to the 2nd round.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
It doesn't matter. The grizzlies don't deserve shit. Neither do the hawks. You don't lose game 6 closeoutgame at home.

"hey it's ok we played like shit. We'll take our less than 20% chances in a couple nighs"

bruin

851088641.gif

LMAO.

What a joke.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I think I remember the play. He shoved Adams running back down the court and they called a personal on Randolph.

If that's what he's suspended for that's total bullshit, especially in the playoffs. Especially x2 in a Game 7.

GuyIncognito

Setting aside the fact this is an absolute travesty, that's exactly why Steven Adams needs to get minutes. Everybody he plays against ends up trying to beat his ass haha.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Setting aside the fact this is an absolute travesty, that's exactly why Steven Adams needs to get minutes. Everybody he plays against ends up trying to beat his ass haha.

He is Blake Griffin but plays for the Thudner so he's great

usnfish

So being suspended or not for game seven seems directly tied to being the higher seed.

Paul George, Glen Davis - Nope

Z-Bo - Yup

And we say the league isn't rigged.

doh

Yep one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen any sport yet nothing. Big Fatty took out his knee and might've blown up his ACL and nothing from the NBA. I guess the Warriors aren't the higher seed so nothing will happen.

I mean that play pisses me off so much because when you don't get a rebound you usually just go back or take a swipe and go back. To lower your shoulder and dive into someone is so intentional and dirty I don't get how the NBA DOES NOTHING.

colb

Give adams time. Everyone wants to fight adams for a reason

Because he runs his mouth and plays pretty legit defense (most of the time). Guy has some solid fundamentals. He wasn't biting on Z-Bo's fakes last night.

MiamiU26

So being suspended or not for game seven seems directly tied to being the higher seed.

Paul George, Glen Davis - Nope

Z-Bo - Yup

And we say the league isn't rigged.
So you think Paul needs to be suspended? He took 2 steps forward and that deserves a suspension?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Because he runs his mouth and plays pretty legit defense (most of the time). Guy has some solid fundamentals. He wasn't biting on Z-Bo's fakes last night.

Let's be real, it is because he is fake tough

GuyIncognito

I think the only one who should even be considered for discipline is Davis. That looks like intent to injure to me.

GuyIncognito

:trollface:

Look at this Vine and watch Harden. That clip would be amazing in the regular season, but that’s in a playoff game. A four-point game. In the final minute. Future generations will study Harden on defense to learn exactly what it looks like to not give a f—.

Except for a few stretches that were exceptions — the last few minutes of Game 5, for instance — Harden has been shocking us like that for the entire Blazers series. He embodies all of the worst stereotypes people have about NBA players:

• Lazy on defense? (Check)

• Chucking horrible shots? (Definitely)

• Flopping and begging for whistles? (Yep)

• Indignant when someone criticizes him for all of this? (YEP)

It sucks. He can still change everything this weekend, but watching what he’s become has been a brutal reality check.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/playoff-power-rankings-a-rundown-from-a-historic-first-round/

GuyIncognito

Ehh if you want to get all technical about it. It didn't look nearly that bad in the run of play, and the tension had been building for a while. Or, as Grantland put it:

Steven Adams is 7-feet tall and from New Zealand, which technically makes him an ent. You need these guys in the playoffs, big, loping tree-warriors with clubs for limbs and a moral code that isn’t quite human. At a moment last night when it looked like James Johnson might single-handedly wrench the Grizzlies back into what had been a ragged blowout — already a phenomenally strange moment in this phenomenally strange series — Adams slowly and calmly went to work razing battlements: five blocks in 20 minutes, along with three rebounds, four fouls, a cathedral bell ringing inside Marc Gasol’s cranium, and at least one stretch when he seemed to have driven Zach Randolph toward a temporary-insanity plea.

I still don't like the suspension. If you want that to be a punch then fine him. Don't decide the series on that nonsense.

GuyIncognito

They didn't even T him up for it in the game, and the ref saw it because they did call it a foul. It's dumb.