• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

#2 Alabama vs #1 Clemson National Championship

Brick

guess i want alabama to win because dabo is pretty annoying, and i mean what is another bama title? will watch with little interest. still think clemson is pretty meh for an undefeated team and this is a really weak year at the top. UNDEAHDOGS ALL IN DAB PIZZA LULZ

Brick

i'll take that over stupid dabo memes and stuff. i bet if they win he'll do that running in place celebration that i'm sure is spawned by something very retarded. @Reel inform us.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Go Clemson, but I just don't see it. I have class until 10, so I will probably only see the end of the game. Kiffin will try to get a bomb to Ridley within the first 2 or 3 plays and bama's rotation at d line will be the difference in the end. They won't be tired late in the game.

I think Larry Culpepper and Dr Pepper will win.

CU2vUOZUAAEuO4-.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Are they going to have a flyover by actual Iron Man?

Heisman06

Rumors that Mackensie Alexander might not play or will be limited. If so, my confidence drops considerably. Mac is a shutdown corner in every sense of the word and he was the key to keeping Ridley quiet. We still have a chance without him but it probably puts a lot more pressure on the offense to put up points.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Still +220? I wish

a) there was room in the budget for a piece of that
2) it was legal to gamble in CA

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah he did great this year. GJGE, my mom could have corched tOSU to that record this year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
12-1 is absolutely terrible, if only he had Butch to tell him when to go for 2.

I guess that 12-2 season last year must mean Saban really sucks.

PSUEagle

C'mon mang, I like you but you cray if you think Urbang's better than SaBear.

Saban's won more championships and he's built a sustainable program that doesn't self destruct after a few years: Meyer has done neither.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Saban has been a head corch for 20 years. He is 190-60-1 with 4 national titles.
Meyer has been a head corch for 14 years. He is 154-27 with 3 national titles.

Let's assume Saban wins tonight. Meyer has won 3 titles in 9 years, wouldn't be hard for him to match or pass Saban in the future. Meyer would also only have to go 37-33 to tie Saban in winning percentage and wins. He will pass Saban. He just won 50 games in 4 years, which has only ever been done by Boise in the WAC. So he's the first P5 corch to ever do that. He was the 6th fastest corch to reach 100 wins (Saban isn't ahead of him) and the 2nd to reach 150 (only beat by a corch in the 1940s). 10-2 in bowl games, while Saban is 9-8. Saban won his 2nd title when he was 59. Irving already has 3 and he's 51. And if you want to compare Saban's Alabama to Meyer's OSU, Meyer stayed at UF longer than anywhere Saban was previously so it's not like Saban was some long time program builder before Alabama.

I fail to see how this is some crazy argument.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
12-1 is absolutely terrible, if only he had Butch to tell him when to go for 2.

I guess that 12-2 season last year must mean Saban really sucks.

12-1 may have been their record, but that team looked like shit pretty much all year except for about 2 or 3 games. The offense underachieved all year long. Looks like it went to Houston. The same thing happened to him at Florida once he lost Strong and Mullen. Then he bailed like a bitch.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
12-1 may have been their record, but that team looked like shit pretty much all year except for about 2 or 3 games. The offense under achieved all year long. Looks like it went to Houston. The same thing happened to him at Florida once he lost Strong and Mullen. Then he bailed like a bitch.

Sure, I agree with you that they underachieved. But it's not like Saban never underachieves. And that offense torched ND pretty well the last game. 50 wins in 4 years in a P5 conference is insane, even if it is the B1G. Especially if you're underachieving and still doing that.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This prolly stems from the teams I root for in addition to how jelly I am of the ESS EEE CEE (@Southpaw) but I appreciate corches that coach up historically bad teams than guys who can just dominate at historical powerhouses. I'd rather have Briles, Kelly, or Harbaugh than Saban.

Anyway, Leach the GOAT.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Name all the big time wins they have had at tOSU under Urban. Other than last year, I can't think of any big wins. Have they even played anyone good OOC? He fled from the SEC and is just rolling up wins against a weak Big the last 4 years. It just doesn't impress me as much as Saban winning the hardest division in football over and over.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This prolly stems from the teams I root for in addition to how jelly I am of the ESS EEE CEE (@Southpaw) but I appreciate corches that coach up historically bad teams than guys who can just dominate at historical powerhouses. I'd rather have Briles, Kelly, or Harbaugh than Saban.

Anyway, Leach the GOAT.

Since when is LSU a powerhouse historically? Or Florida? Do you know anything about college football history before 1990?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This year vs. ND would be one.

What big wins does Saban have OOC? It's usually some B1G team playing a "neutral" game in Texas so I guess if that team sucks for Irving's resume, it sucks for Saban's too.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Since when is LSU a powerhouse historically? Or Florida? Do you know anything about college football history before 1990?

Quote where I said either one was a powerhouse. If neither is, you proved my point because Irving was far more successful at UF than Saban was at LSU.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Quote where I said either one was a powerhouse. If neither is, you proved my point because Irving was far more successful at UF than Saban was at LSU.

Really? The implication of you saying you don't like guys who take over historical powerhouses when trying to say you'd prefer certain coaches to Urban or Saban is that they coached at historical powerhouses.

And Irving was more successful at UF, but he was also taking over a program that went 7-4 the year before he went there, not 3-8 like Saban. Considering where Florida and LSU were before both got there, I'd call it a wash. And the only difference is that Urban won one more national title at Florida, in one more year. "Far more successful" is ridiculous hyperbole.

Heisman06

I wouldn't root for Klimpson if they were facing ISIS.

I placed a bet on Klimpson to win the NC before the ACC Shampship game. I'd win just under $1000 if they win, just so that I'd be happy either way (Klimpson loses, or I win a significant sum of money).

I'm still desperately rooting for Bama. That $1000 would have to go towards moving costs to get me away from these hillbillies who will treat it like the greatest thing that's ever happened in their overall-wearing, trailer park living, Trump voting lives.

-YTC

image.gif
You're still my boy, Whitey.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Really? The implication of you saying you don't like guys who take over historical powerhouses when trying to say you'd prefer certain coaches to Urban or Saban is that they coached at historical powerhouses.

And Irving was more successful at UF, but he was also taking over a program that went 7-4 the year before he went there, not 3-8 like Saban. Considering where Florida and LSU were before both got there, I'd call it a wash. And the only difference is that Urban won one more national title at Florida, in one more year. "Far more successful" is ridiculous hyperbole.

Because they coach at Ohio State and Alabama, you know, two of the most prestigious programs in the country. And winning 2 titles over 1 alongside a 13 win season with a BCS bowl and your only loss to the national champ is not a "wash." Meyer won 48 games in 4 years, it took Saban 5.

The point was I prefer corches like Chip Kelly to Saban or Meyer.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
haha derrick henry is from Yulee? my gawd what a shit hole that place is. I remember driving through. There were bail bonds stores on opposite corners at their main intersection.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
If I was still in ACC country I think I would probably cheer for Bama begrudgingly, but I'm so sick of goddamn Bama bangs that I'm going to have to cheer for Clemson. Fuck Oklahoma and Michigan State for making me cheer for Clemson. Meteor would be acceptable.