• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

#1 Jacksonville State vs North Dakota State

guardman23

Last chance for one of my bold predictions to come true. Go Bison!
LEACH-F-U.gif

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
The hype around this game is pretty high in Alabama. It's almost as if the media doesn't revolve around Alabama & Auburn football.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Struts is having a buffet in their banquet room that's how you damn do a championship game party @JSU Zack

Lulz. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge Struts fan. Their menu reminds me a lot of Applebee's in a bad way, but I'll eat there if I'm invited. Their burgers are pretty solid along with the quesadillas.

I prefer Jefferson's. One semester, I went there once per week to eat wings. Lawd, those are good wings.

guardman23

Lulz. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge Struts fan. Their menu reminds me a lot of Applebee's in a bad way, but I'll eat there if I'm invited. Their burgers are pretty solid along with the quesadillas.

I prefer Jefferson's. One semester, I went there once per week to eat wings. Lawd, those are good wings.
Ya all struts has going for them are the bacon cheese fries an tenders Jefferson's does have better wings

gilstein21

I think I've been to cooters twice. It's good just off the beaten path a little. My dad loves their ribs.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Ahh it felt great. CMQ, my wife, my dad and I watched a 5th straight national championship by NDSU. Watch out because this team is full of sophomores and freshman! And one of my pre-season predictions came true!
Hey LW, what years did you play at NDSU if you don't mind me asking?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Ah gotcha, I had a coach in HS that played 2000-2004, was wondering if you might've known him, but just a bit off.

I was at school until the Spring of 01. I may know of him. I was still around the program via friends, talking with coaches, and working out.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Eh NDSU was a dynasty in DivII during the 80s. NDSU won 5 national championships between 1983 and 1990 and played in a couple others but lost. They have a well focused athletic department with a wide ranging recruiting base. The only real competition is the University of MN 230 miles down the road. And NDSU is 2-1 vs them over the last decade. And with their success they are also getting guys out of Florida who want to come there thanks to seeing them on Gameday. I thought this success was possible a decade ago when they moved. Though I never thought they would win 5 in a row.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
They need to be fbs

It's not cost effective. Why go up when ESPN already comes to you? Unless the Big 12 comes knocking (they won't), it's better to remain at the FCS level.

We're almost to critical mass with the current state of college football. Eventually, the G5 schools will wise up and slap the carrot out of the hands of the NCAA that's been dangling in front of their faces for years.

Boise State, Houston, and the other 2nd tier teams will either join the big leagues as doormats or merge with the upper FCS, which would create far greater parity than the current situation.

The G5, Missouri Valley, Colonial, Big South, SoCon, and select other teams (JSU, EKU, etc.) would make for a great league with most of the major media markets covered.

Move the big games to Thursday night and let the big boys have Saturday. I'll enjoy my 24k seat stadium and hometown feel.

PSUEagle

It's not cost effective. Why go up when ESPN already comes to you? Unless the Big 12 comes knocking (they won't), it's better to remain at the FCS level.

We're almost to critical mass with the current state of college football. Eventually, the G5 schools will wise up and slap the carrot out of the hands of the NCAA that's been dangling in front of their faces for years.

Boise State, Houston, and the other 2nd tier teams will either join the big leagues as doormats or merge with the upper FCS, which would create far greater parity than the current situation.

The G5, Missouri Valley, Colonial, Big South, SoCon, and select other teams (JSU, EKU, etc.) would make for a great league with most of the major media markets covered.

Move the big games to Thursday night and let the big boys have Saturday. I'll enjoy my 24k seat stadium and hometown feel.

aka the SEC of FCS.

Great post, BTW.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
aka the SEC of FCS.

Great post, BTW.

I was discussing it with some other FCS writers today on Twitter. Everyone agreed games like the upcoming JSU @ Liberty matchup need to happen more often.

JSU/Chat, UNI/Richmond, and NDSU/Montana were awesome match ups last year. Those need to happen every weekend to increase the TV exposure.

I'd love to see SoCon vs. Sun Belt match ups. The imaginary line between FBS & FCS is just that - imaginary. The line between G5 and P5 is far more real.