• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Good for the Caps, as hard as that is to say for me. They've really stepped up this playoffs and the choking monkey is definitely off their backs. They've earned it.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
swtd0bsghdonfifrsqlu.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
giphy.gif

Very happy for Corch Trotz. He is a great corch and a very nice man. If the Predators can't win it, him winning it is the second best thing. Ovechkin definitely deserves it too. That guy is a beast.

and Fuck Vegas

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm guessing he got totally lowballed. Rumor is that one of the assistants was doing more of the gameplanning and tactics and they probably think he's ready. Still feels shitty.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What a joke lol. Good for him though. Fuck the Caps. Apparently they had chosen their man already and that assistant was forced onto his staff. He will have a job very quickly. Wouldn't surprise me to see Leopold fire whoever the Wild corch is to nab Trotz.

Simo77

He was lowballed from what I read, a 300k raise only if he won the cup and he was already a lower paid coach in the league. He didn't even have a contract going into the postseason, right? Most of what I've read is that this was his last season in Washington unless he won the cup. Then he did. The only way they could save face is if he resigned. So they lowball and he resigns and walks into his next gig.

What a joke lol. Good for him though. Fuck the Caps. Apparently they had chosen their man already and that assistant was forced onto his staff. He will have a job very quickly. Wouldn't surprise me to see Leopold fire whoever the Wild corch is to nab Trotz.
Bruce Boudreau.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
How? Oprik is a swinging gate who spends a lot of time in the penalty box and Grubauer is a Brian Elliott level goalie. All this trade did was give Washington cap space to overpay one their Russians.

Avs need veterans to help lead the young guys. Orpik has two Cups. Grubauer has the potential to be great, and at worst they have a capable backup to Varlamov. Bernier is going to get starter money (UFA). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯