• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season : Week 6 Thread - Bad Reputation

bruin

CBS picked Bama-A&M back in the spring. Should’ve been at Death Valley under the lights like @Brick said. SECPN can’t help themselves. First segment was about Alabama/A&M on Gameday.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Kind of amazed at how bad OU's QB room is. Been a while since they had a whole group of career backups and third stringers.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think losing their head corch and several members of the staff, plus a bunch of players to the portal and draft kinda screwed over OU.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I hope things turn around like they have in previous weeks, but based on the decision making and the special teams failures I’m losing some respect for Kelly and Co. I think it’s obvious that we are limited in several ways, and that’s understandable, but the aggressiveness does not match our capability. You’ve got a very limited, conservative QB out there with a depleted O-Line - it is inexcusable to go for it on 4th and 10 from midfield against a competent passing offense, when you yourself have an incompetent passing offense. I don’t understand it. I don’t understand the whole offensive strategy.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Is he gonna get fired in year 1? I can say from experience, you better off cutting bait now rather than letting him further bury the progrum. Venables I mean. Dammit fried rice messed up my reply.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah @fried rice its gone about how I said it would if lsu made mistakes. The fumbled kickoff and the 3 4th down plays are just like turnovers. I don’t understand why they kept going on 4th down either. Must have watched the Florida tape. They picked up like 5 4th downs

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It's too early to fire Venables. Roof is useless, though, and Lebby hasn't shown the kind of creativity with personnel and playcalling that a lot of people were expecting. Are the rest of the QBs that bad? Seems like it. Their 2023 commit looks like a baller, though.

If OU still looks like shit next year then Venables should face harsher criticism.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's too early to fire Venables. Roof is useless, though, and Lebby hasn't shown the kind of creativity with personnel and playcalling that a lot of people were expecting. Are the rest of the QBs that bad? Seems like it. Their 2023 commit looks like a baller, though.

If OU still looks like shit next year then Venables should face harsher criticism.
Agreed, I mean they have 4 scholarship linebackers right now. This cupboard is BARE

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Is he gonna get fired in year 1? I can say for experience, you better off cutting bait now rather than letting him further bury the progrum.

Hell no. He’s 4-1 and they have strung together some impressive second half adjustments with a thin roster from prior year attrition, when we ended with 39 scholarship players. Things were deteriorating under Coach O (CUPBOARD BARE) and this was going to be a long term fix.

My long-term outlook will depend on off-season adjustments and how willing he is to correct deficiencies. That was the rap on him at ND, that he was slow to make changes until 2016 and made some good replacements to get things back on the right track. I’m just a bit underwhelmed by some of the decision making, some of these seem like obviously bad moves for the wrong personnel.

Edit: lol, apparently I’m so fickle that I thought you were referring to our coach with a $100 million buyout.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan running backs coach Mike Hart was put on a stretcher and carted off the field in the first quarter of the Wolverines' game against Indiana.

There are no details on why Hart was carted off, but he was moving his head and extremities as Indiana coaches came out on the field to check on the former Indiana running backs coach.

Hart left Memorial Stadium for further evaluation at a hospital.

Fuck.

And no @Southpaw Michigan ain't playing anybody tough this year. Michigan ducked @bruin so they could play Hawai'i.