• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do pitchers actually try or do they just throw slightly better practice balls in the ASG? It would seem like a dumb decision to actually try as a pitcher

CJ_24

The point is 32 home runs in a round. Are you not familiar with what a home run derby is?
1) It was more fun to actually watch the home runs and admire how far they flew. Now it's just a rapid fire where they're hitting while the last two are still in the air. I get that the damn thing took too long. But there's gotta be a better viewing experience than this automatic fire derby.

2) the whole point of enjoying the derby was seeing how skilled and powerful these dude could really hit a real baseball. Using nerf balls or w/e they use now is just another dumb gimmick to falsify the experience.

How is it a home run derby if they're not hitting reel home runs? Why not just give them a driver and golf balls and let them tee off.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Point 1 is subjective and I agree a little, but at the same tiem I don't care at all whether they do timed or # of pitches. As far as point 2, when you have bad takes they are impressively bad. They've probably always juiced the balls and probably let them cork bats for this. If you think the 90s were clean or something lol. I only say probably because it's the MLB and not juicing baseballs for the derby would be such an MLB thing to do. Nobody wants to see 8 home run rounds

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Still the most impressive thing I’ve seen in the derby was josh Hamilton in New York. Ridiculous.

Surprising that CJ has a bad take about this. He longs for the days of back back back back berman.

CJ_24

They've probably always juiced the balls and probably let them cork bats for this. If you think the 90s were clean or something lol. I only say probably because it's the MLB and not juicing baseballs for the derby would be such an MLB thing to do. Nobody wants to see 8 home run rounds

I will always believe in the purity of Ken Griffey, Jr. And will entertain no facts to the contrary

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I will always believe in the purity of Ken Griffey, Jr. And will entertain no facts to the contrary

He's pure, but that baseballs he hit in the derby probably weren't. It's still a competition of skill because everyone is using the same balls, the fans just get to see higher HR totals. Makes no sense not to juice them

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
All I'll say is if they don't juice the balls for the derby it's the most MLB thing ever. There are zero reasons not to do it especially if you are doing timed rounds. It hurts nothing and makes it more fun to watch

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
All I'll say is if they don't juice the balls for the derby it's the most MLB thing ever. There are zero reasons not to do it especially if you are doing timed rounds. It hurts nothing and makes it more fun to watch

I think they paint tennis balls white for the derby

Skeeter

Uber felon
Sir, you have had some bad takes over the years months weeks and probably today but this is ur worst
The blind love people show for Jr is weird to me to me.

Here's a reasonable argument

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That's some garbo unvetted article from 2009. But there's zero indications that he ever took PEDs, his performance and health tracks like he did not take any, and he's never been linked to any. FOH

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Still the most impressive thing I’ve seen in the derby was josh Hamilton in New York. Ridiculous.

Surprising that CJ has a bad take about this. He longs for the days of back back back back berman.

I saw the Hambino™ a couple of weeks ago at Sullivans downtown and he looked like shit. Guy is gonna end up in a shootout at Rockingham Speedway by 2029.

The blind love people show for Jr is weird to me to me.

Here's a reasonable argument

Show some gotdamn respect - guy played over a decade on concrete and can still walk and then signed up to play in the Cincinnati Gulags.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think this is our second round with you on this Skeeter. Were you not boomer enough to hate his backwards hat in the 90s so now you're getting your jollies in? If you want to live with the idea that this is seven minutes of lying then I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but junior ain't one.

TLDR is he understands why people took steroids, he never needed to (financially or skill-wise), and he sleeps well at night now because what he accomplished are set against his aging curve.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's such a sad take, though. We always ask why is Skeeter but are we asking how is Skeeter? In his head he lives even more east of Eden than the rest of us, a world where Bonds is Griffey and Griffey is Bonds? A world with no redemption or character arcs at all. What hope is there?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
It's such a sad take, though. We always ask why is Skeeter but are we asking how is Skeeter? In his head he lives even more east of Eden than the rest of us, a world where Bonds is Griffey and Griffey is Bonds? A world with no redemption or character arcs at all. What hope is there?

Bonds is the greatest baseball player of all time. Guy could have retired in 1994 and followed Phish and been a Hall of Famer but wanted to send a message when the cuccs, bums, and chucklefuccs started sucking off those two mediocre roidheads MacDyer and "No Comprende" Sosa in '98. Just wish he had won a WS to really twist the knife to the bums keeping him out of the Hall of GOATs.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Bonds is the greatest baseball player of all time. Guy could have retired in 1994 and followed Phish and been a Hall of Famer but wanted to send a message when the cuccs, bums, and chucklefuccs started sucking off those two mediocre roidheads MacDyer and "No Comprende" Sosa in '98. Just wish he had won a WS to really twist the knife to the bums keeping him out of the Hall of GOATs.

I disagree on some points but this isn't about Bonds, it's about the choices we make. We're exploring hope and promise here sir

Skeeter

Uber felon
I loved Griffey as a kid. Wore 24 like every other kid my age. He actually played a game at my hs. Awesome player.

I just have trouble accepting he was the ONE guy in the steroid era that didn't take them. That's like claiming yours is the one school that isn't giving kids McDonald's bags full of money. Maybe they're not. But they probably are.

Palmiero lied directly to Congress about steroid use. People lie.

If he did use roids would you expect him to freely admit it and tarnish his legacy?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
LEACH-F-U.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Every other player that used them we have some corroboration to the allegations at least. Insane spike in production, massive muscles, having them literally laying in your locker for people to see etc.