• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Riley Greene is amazing and likely totally wasted on the Tigers.

Bruce Wayne

He was on the rubber and moved his glove like that. Balk every time.

Pitchers move their gloves all the time while on the rubber to signal next sign, other location, or to go through the signs again. These are not balks. I’m not sure what the home plate umpire saw from his angle, but it didn’t look like anything from behind the mound.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Well it is a movement that could be construed as beginning his motion, it’s very obvious that the glove movement looks like that. So that’s the balk.

But I’d have to watch the entire series to give a thorough answer. Basically you can move your glove to signal new sign from the stretch before you come set. After you come set you cannot, any movement is a balk. It looks like he has come set based on his lean and positioning and the fact he isn’t taking signs, but it’s not obvious because his hands aren’t together. If he truly hasn’t come set and he has set precedent over the past few ABs then it is a sketchy balk.

If that’s the case I’d also note that pitchers don’t make it easy on themselves by getting way too creative with their routines.

Bruce Wayne

Well it is a movement that could be construed as beginning his motion, it’s very obvious that the glove movement looks like that. So that’s the balk.

But I’d have to watch the entire series to give a thorough answer. Basically you can move your glove to signal new sign from the stretch before you come set. After you come set you cannot, any movement is a balk. It looks like he has come set based on his lean and positioning and the fact he isn’t taking signs, but it’s not obvious because his hands aren’t together. If he truly hasn’t come set and he has set precedent over the past few ABs then it is a sketchy balk.

If that’s the case I’d also note that pitchers don’t make it easy on themselves by getting way too creative with their routines.

No way he has come set; as you said his hands haven’t come together. I agree that these pitchers do so much weird stuff in their routines that make it difficult on the umpires, but I think this was a bad call.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
JT, BOHM, Nola and Gibson all get a unpaid two-game holiday while the Phils are in the Toronto because they are afraid of needles.