• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-2022: Bowl Season Edition Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Both of those games last night to me looked like superior corching to me to me. I don't believe for a second that Michigan doesn't have the HOGS up front to compete in the trenches. CADE also got exposed. Your QB has to at least be productive if not a star.

that one long Georgia TD pass was because the Mich CB just stopped lol. Hard to judge speed on that.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
also we should instead be tombout consolidation of talent esp on D. Klimpson was lightning in a bottle. It's gonna keep being Bama/Georgia/LSU/UF at the top of talent, as long as they can get non-mong corches it won't change.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah Stetson faggot ain’t bettter than Cade. I do think that D Line and LB is where these top flight sec teams separate hisselfs though. Like when lsu is at their peak and these Georgia and bammer teams… those other squads done have those kind of guys.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't hate ROD anymore. Not sure what happened. I think it's because he isn't just glued to production meeting storyline notes like so many of the other color donks. At least if he says silly things it's because he's improvising or letting his personality show, p much the opposite of KLATT

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
To me it looked like Georgia had far superior sideline-to-sideline speed on defense, to me. Dean especially was everywhere. And of course Georgia's DL did a gr8 jerb against Michigan's OL. Also Monken took AIDAN almost completely out of the game and Michigan didn't have a rebuttal. No way Bennett IV should have torched them like that.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah Stetson faggot ain’t bettter than Cade. I do think that D Line and LB is where these top flight sec teams separate hisselfs though. Like when lsu is at their peak and these Georgia and bammer teams… those other squads done have those kind of guys.

Roquan Smith was basically an NFL middle linebacker his last year at UGA. It was absurd.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The MVP of the game was a walk-on backup WR for Clemson in 2018 and now he's picking off CADE twice in a semifinal with a chance at another natty. That's a pretty wild story.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Wait, so I say that there is a speed/size advantage on these teams and @Brick wants to shit on me and then I wake up to like 30 posts of civil discussion about speed/size advantages mattering in college footbaw, and how it will only continue to be this way cuz of CROOTIN?

This place, man.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Wait, so I say that there is a speed/size advantage on these teams and @Brick wants to shit on me and then I wake up to like 30 posts of civil discussion about speed/size advantages mattering in college footbaw, and how it will only continue to be this way cuz of CROOTIN?

This place, man.

Brick and co. just don't want to fall into the mong discussion about CROOTIN because most people who talk about it are complete morons, even if the discussion itself is valid. The top level of the SEC is dominant because their blue chip ratio is higher than everyone else's and, like kella said, as long as they don't have a total tard for a corch they'll be in the playoff and probably winning it all. Hell, LSU did have a total tard for a corch and still won the whole thing.

Mame YO

slings rocks
The entire reason I brought it up was because the cinci-bama game was awful. With 4 teams in the playoff, I don’t think you take a G5 team ever again because of the inherent talent gap. Which, again, this whole thing just begs for an 8 team playoff.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Yeah, better to take P5 teams like Michigan so we have close games
I think, on average, inviting p5 conference champions will produce better results than allowing the SEC to take 2 spots and a G5 in.

the whole thing is really just an argument for an 8 team playoff anyway because then you get your 5 champions and 3 at large bids and everyone is happy, but right now it’s the worst of all worlds.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think, on average, inviting p5 conference champions will produce better results than allowing the SEC to take 2 spots and a G5 in.

the whole thing is really just an argument for an 8 team playoff anyway because then you get your 5 champions and 3 at large bids and everyone is happy, but right now it’s the worst of all worlds.

They should have limited it to one team per conference at least so we'd get one good game. At this point the top tier of the SEC will just smash every other team in the nation. Should have let Georgia obliterate Notre Lame or tOSU and let OKSTATE take their place

Mame YO

slings rocks
And if people really want to see bama and Georgia play again maybe the SEC should play a 9 game conference schedule

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Y’all bout to see the reality of what I’ve been saying. The current sec will keep swallowing up the top flight teams until they hit 32 or so. Maybe 40. And then that will be it. 4 divisions of 8 or 10 and that will be the new college football top tier. The rest of the teams will be in some sort of weird purgatory for poulan weed eater bowls or playoffs

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The SEC isn't all that great as a whole, but the top 2-3 teams are so far ahead of the rest of the nation most years it isn't even a contest. What we really need is Saban to leave to the B1G or PAC which won't ever happen.

coogrfan

The entire reason I brought it up was because the cinci-bama game was awful. With 4 teams in the playoff, I don’t think you take a G5 team ever again because of the inherent talent gap. Which, again, this whole thing just begs for an 8 team playoff.

It seems a tad unfair to me to tell the G5's they should be excluded because Cinci couldn't match up with arguably the most dominant program in cfb history, but that's just me.

coogrfan

The SEC isn't all that great as a whole, but the top 2-3 teams are so far ahead of the rest of the nation most years it isn't even a contest. What we really need is Saban to leave to the B1G or PAC which won't ever happen.

Saint Nick is almost 70. He won't be there too much longer.

bruin

that one long Georgia TD pass was because the Mich CB just stopped lol. Hard to judge speed on that.
Opening drive in the second half UM was driving and then a pick happened because the wideout basically stopped his route too lol. Unreal.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It seems a tad unfair to me to tell the G5's they should be excluded because Cinci couldn't match up with arguably the most dominant program in cfb history, but that's just me.
Idk mang I hate to be the bad guy but there just isn’t a good way to evaluate these teams and the spots are too limited to essentially give the 1 seed a bye week whenever you put a g5 in there because they went undefeated against bad teams.

8 team playoff solves this.

bruin

Brick and co. just don't want to fall into the mong discussion about CROOTIN because most people who talk about it are complete morons, even if the discussion itself is valid. The top level of the SEC is dominant because their blue chip ratio is higher than everyone else's and, like kella said, as long as they don't have a total tard for a corch they'll be in the playoff and probably winning it all. Hell, LSU did have a total tard for a corch and still won the whole thing.

Bryce Young is from Pasadena
Both QB’s in the Rose Bowl today are from Ventura and Rancho Cucomonga.
Corral went to the prestigious Long Beach Poly.

Teams have raided So Cal with USC and UCLA being so down. 20 years ago Clemson or Bama weren’t even stepping foot on Mater Dei’s campus. Unless a random recruit from like De La Salle going to Tennessee @Southpaw or Ken Yon Rambo goin to Ohio State.

So Cal schools gotta step up and keep those CROOTS home..

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Georgia’s OL trashed Michigan’s DTs and took AIDEN and Ojabo out of the game by using their aggressiveness against them. Michigan’s LBs have been the soft spot of the defense all season but it was masked the BIG ELITE DL.

Georgia’s DLine mauled Michigans OL. Michigan has bunch a good pass catching TE who are passable run blockers. Georgia’s LB out powered them on the edge.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Idk mang I hate to be the bad guy but there just isn’t a good way to evaluate these teams and the spots are too limited to essentially give the 1 seed a bye week whenever you put a g5 in there because they went undefeated against bad teams.

8 team playoff solves this.

The 1 seed gets a bye week no matter who you put in there unless you put SEC2 at the 4 seed in a rematch

goblue96

Bryce Young is from Pasadena
Both QB’s in the Rose Bowl today are from Ventura and Rancho Cucomonga.
Corral went to the prestigious Long Beach Poly.

Teams have raided So Cal with USC and UCLA being so down. 20 years ago Clemson or Bama weren’t even stepping foot on Mater Dei’s campus. Unless a random recruit from like De La Salle going to Tennessee @Southpaw or Ken Yon Rambo goin to Ohio State.

So Cal schools gotta step up and keep those CROOTS home..

You can say the same thing about THE STATE OF MIAMI

Skeeter

Uber felon
Michigan had already won their Superbowl with the beat OSU or die trying nonsense. They spent the whole last month sniffing their own farts.

I truly believe Michigan delusion and hubris made them not prepare properly for the game. UGA definitely has superior atholeets but Michigan looked like they didn't even study their own game plan.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Michigan had already won their Superbowl with the beat OSU or die trying nonsense. They spent the whole last month sniffing their own farts.

I truly believe Michigan delusion and hubris made them not prepare properly for the game. UGA definitely has superior atholeets but Michigan looked like they didn't even study their own game plan.

Idk, they're a different team playing back and forth/catchup, saw it vs the Spartans. Always felt like on of Harbaugh's weaknesses was looking stuck in the mud when your run game can't bully people.

goblue96

Why is Michigan ranked? They are awful

Why is Ohio State ranked? They lost to Michigan who are awful so they must be doubly awful.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is this Sanchez on the ND game? He keeps lavishing praise on Coan for completing 3 step drop timing patterns to guys who are wide open lol. It looks like warmups. I could hit these throws.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Is this Sanchez on the ND game? He keeps lavishing praise on Coan for completing 3 step drop timing patterns to guys who are wide open lol. It looks like warmups. I could hit these throws.

Nah it's Dan "toe drag safety" Orlovsky