• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup G (USA USA USA USA)

mcnoles

tumblr_n7ad2bPlTT1qd3e8co1_500.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
These witch doctor types don't fuck around

digs

sun of nothing
portugal is dealing with injury and got shellacked by zie Germans. I doubt that we're favored but if we can steal a draw we likely go through on goal differential

Renegade

Charge on!
I told my buddies we were going to pull a Switzerland and they said we were more likely to pull an Ecuador. Switzerland, fuck yeah!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jovetich not in the tourney?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I could name a whole starting 11 of unhealthy admirations and half chubbers, but unfortunately Jovetic plays for Montenegro who only have 2 good strikers and nothing else

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Isn't nastasic from there?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He's Serbian. City had a Montengrin center-back, Stefan Savic, who they traded as part of the deal to bring Nastasic to City.

Sidenote, if Yugoslavia was still together (yes I know, impossible), it'd probably be one of the top 5 teams at this tournament.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
He's Serbian. City had a Montengrin center-back, Stefan Savic, who they traded as part of the deal to bring Nastasic to City.

Sidenote, if Yugoslavia was still together (yes I know, impossible), it'd probably be one of the top 5 teams at this tournament.

Well, not that impossible, they were together for about 40 or so years. I mean that ended in ethnic cleansing and stuff, but you know, that could happen anywhere.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ha, Stefan Savic.

Nastasic can't stay healthy.

Apparently Savic has improved at Fiorentina. Rekik might be staying for this season, he was in LVG's 30-man and if he can come out and ball I'm all for it. Doesn't look like Mangala or Benatia is going to happen.

Also, gotta love this FK from Ronaldo earlier
Ikj3i30.gif

Renegade

Charge on!
So assuming Jozy is out, do we go back to the 4-2-3-1? I'm guessing you keep the three defensive midfielders in to try to muddle up the middle again and contain Ronaldo. Thank god he plays on the left and not the right where he could just rape Beasley nonstop. I'd love for Jurgen to cook up something that would make Aron effective, but he's just not a target forward...he's best playing off the main forward, and I'm not sure Dempsey can/will play that. Sure wish we had Boyd or Eddie J. instead of Wondo right now.

So...

Howard
Johnson - Cameron - Besler/Brooks - Beasley (Chandler?)
Beckerman - Jones
Zusi - Bradley - Bedoya
Dempsey​

If you need a goal, then you can push Bradley into the back and bring Mix in for Beckerman.

Also, if Howard gets beat near side again, I'm not going to object to seeing Guzan.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ronaldo looked useless today. He has got to be hurt.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Also, a couple of random thoughts:
  • Yikes, we were bad. We played well for 10 minutes and then terrible for the next 80. So lucky.
  • Bradley might have been the worst player on the field. He was at fault for the goal ... just stopped running. If he steps into the box, there is no space for the goal to happen. His passing was terrible all night, and that decision to shoot at the end of the game? Holy fuck. He's gotta improve if we have any chance at advancing.
  • I wish Klinsmann would have gone to a 4-5-1 at some point. Dempsey and Johannsson were adding nothing to the game, and it would have been nice to get another player to defend. But I think the problem is that you gamble with Dempsey defending if you move him to the wing, and there wasn't really another option besides using the last sub, which you can't really do.
  • Brooks' celebration might be my favorite ever. My new favorite player.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Okay, I give Johnson 50% of the responsibility for the Ghana goal, and Bradley the other 50%. Howard got beat at the near post, which isn't great obviously, but it's hard to fault him when the guy is 5 yards away.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Travis ducking me...

Pm me and ur monies will be on the way!

Seriously, that was an awesome game. I thought for sure from about 30 minutes on that we were going to fuck away that tenuous lead, so when they scored on that nifty little play I was super bummed (and happy my bet was still intact). Then when Brooks scored I came unglued (and cried because of my bet). Dat reverse jinx to pull NML out of his slump.

I was pretty disappaint by the lack of closing down by Johnson/Bedoya/Zusi on that side near the end of the game, how many dangerous movements came from that side while they just piddled around? LAWD. I'll give Bedoya credit becuase he made several great plays and the only times he got beat was because he had a nigggle, but Zusi was completely absent and so was Johnson. The Jones/Beasely combo on the other side was tested more often for the first 2/3rds of the game and I thought they held up better. Not excited to see the Johnson/Bedoya face Ronaldo, even though he does look hurt.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I don't know what to think about the game, honestly.

There were two times in the game we needed a goal, and both times we produced one in short order. I don't understand why we spent the whole game in our end, I don't understand why Bradley was so out of sorts, and I don't understand why we'd try to rest our chances on the weakest aspect of this team.

But as frustrating as that is, I am heartened by the fact that, like I said, every time we went into "need a goal!" mode, we got one. I just don't get why you don't play the whole game that way. Ghana's goal was written on the wall for a good 60 minutes before it happened.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
We might want to shift Jones to the right for Portugal. Although Nani looked more dangerous today than Ronaldo did.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I actually thought Atsu looked really dangerous, but that Beasely did an awesome job keeping him from putting in close crosses. He got in a few dangerous crosses when he was cutting back on his left foot, but he was always hurried at least.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So if the US can tie Portugal and Germany beats Ghana we are pretty much through. It'd have to take a big loss to Germany AND Portugal beating Ghana handily to not make it in that scenario. Two big "ifs" but I'll take the position today's matches put the US in.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
So if the US can tie Portugal and Germany beats Ghana we are pretty much through. It'd have to take a big loss to Germany AND Portugal beating Ghana handily to not make it in that scenario. Two big "ifs" but I'll take the position today's matches put the US in.
Tie Portugal? I want us to take them to the cleaners like we did in '02.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Lol did we have something to lose before?
Our dignity if we lost to Ghana AGAIN. Well, we kept it. Now I can enjoy this World Cup knowing that the States finally figured out the one team that has pissed me off at the World Cup more than anything the past eight years.