• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Bowl Thread

bruin

I mean, yeah I haven't watched every MICHIGAN game this year but to think just off the bat that Costello couldn't beat out those GUYS then PARTY ON.

giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
i mean this has to be better than anyone in the trogbaw michigan era. some of those games are great.

http://cfbstats.com/2018/player/674/1080994/passing/gamelog.html

Besides yardage, it's pretty close to what Patterson did the last two years:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/shea-patterson-1.html

Rudock averaged a YPA less, but otherwise, it's pretty close, too:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jake-rudock-1/gamelog/2015/

And, I mean, Michigan's QB play has been one of the problems at Michigan, and Costello isn't going to be significant upgrade on those seasons. Plus, Costello is a fucking statute and Michigan's offense has had a decent amount of QB running featured over the past 2 years. They also developed a pretty significant RPO game this year, which who knows if Costello can run that.

Personally, I'd rather take a shot that one of the uber-talented ARM STRENGTH guys on the roster will be better than signing up for another year of average QB play. Eventually, a Harbaugh-recruited QB needs to be a hit.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
With any grad transfer QB it's a question of: Is the roster good enough to make up for the fact you're losing a year of QB development, or the QB talent so bad you need a stopgap?

RUSS, BURREAUX, MINSHEW, and OUDNA recently are good examples of the former, whereas someone like Kelly Bryant at Mizzou flopped and took away from a year of development because Mizzou is trash.

I don't think Michigan is a QB away from beating tOSU, so may as well develop what you have there. KJ Costello is kinda meh anyways, he's no GORDO GORDO GORDO.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Let's take a look at today's swag bags

Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl | Dec. 20, 2 p.m., ESPN
Nassau, Bahamas | Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium

■ Gift suite; board shorts; Yeti Rambler bottle; towel; pin; string backpack

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl | Dec. 20, 7:30 p.m., ESPN2
Frisco, Texas | Toyota Stadium

■ Gift suite; Justin cowboy hat; football; college football 150th anniversary coin; lapel pin; Blingware cup; beanie

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The early bowl games have a shitty gift bags. I think the Armed Forces Bowl is giving each player a 60" TV.

Lightningwar

Administrator

CTE comes at you fast

I kind of understand the player not wanting to admit the other team is more talented. But if he truly believes Michigan is more talented. Then he is basically saying his coaches have sucked losing to their rival in record fashion.

bruin

Drink is POURED.
Bills/Pats with HF playoff implications. SDSU and ROCKY long with another great season.
FOX prelims at 3 PACIFIC on FS1
MAIN CARD at 5 PACIFIC on big FOX
Vegas Bowl

Salud...bros

bruin

Tony Harrison lost. Was fighting the perfect fight. Got caught. Am drowning my sorrows in TAMALES.

Thepro_23

Let’s forget that game ever happened.

On the bright side, my HS won state so there was one victory yesterday.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
  • Anon5266661Sat Dec 21 2019
    The kid looked at the roster of returning receivers and didn't like his chances. He would rather be a big fish in a small pond, and go 6-6 or 7-5 every year.
    Reply+4
  • toratoratoraSun Dec 22 2019
    He joins a Recruiting Class with 1 other 4-star player... good luck, competing with Rutgers for the worst team in the Big 10. It's Maryland football, what was he thinking? He will never be heard from again...
    Reply+2
  • 5_9422392.png
    NC Tiger FanSun Dec 22 2019
    You want to commit for 8 months and change your mind last minute - that’s cool.
    You want to lead everyone astray and then do something totally unpredicted - that’s cool.
    However talking about TRUST when you have display none is a hypocritical joke!
    Reply+4
  • SEC all the waySun Dec 22 2019
    I question the "lack of trust" comment! That was the comment someone fed to him or else he doesn't use good judgment and likes cheap shots! You heard just the opposite from the award-winning players at LSU! I agree Jarrett wants to be a big fish in a small pond. The SEC will be fine without him.
    Reply+1
  • 5_4104828.jpg
    blindambition2521 hrs
    What a coward little kid here. Dude knew he would have to really work to even see the field at all at LSU where there is ZERO shortage of elite level skill position players and instead of putting in the work to get into the 2 deep he chose the easy way out and ends up signing with a SHITE program that won't even sniff a title of any kind during his career. I try not to rip on kids for their decisions...but this is clearly a diva type of move where the kid chose an easier path to stardom at a lesser football program over joining up with a squad that he wouldve had to truly put in the work in order to see any meaningful snaps. This is a pathetic move and i'd rather sign players that have the chest to battle for their spots rather than have things just handed to them like apparently this Jarret kid has to have. Good riddance coward