• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA!

DO YOU WANT A LIVE DRAFT 1st ROUND?

• Total voters

jdlikewhoa

Yeah. The organizers definitely should've been more clear when they explained over many days that this would be a first round "live" draft with a 5 minute clock, complete with a voice chat.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Something went wrong as I did bump Cairos down to 15th. HOWEVER, I would have still picked him with my second rounder anyway and I got three players high on my list. @Yankee151 @Travis7401 , some of the players you had ranked above Cairos my scout had as junk too.

I have an 8m amateur scouting budget and he thinks he's great -

Cairos.png

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Travis7401 @Karl Hungus @Yankee151 , Is this draft even valid anyway? I should have had the 4th and 14th not the 5th and 15th. I thought we didn't do compensatory picks? It pisses me off that my 15th pick was taken with 14 off my draft board. I was never told this.

I remember I had Cairos at 15th on my list in order that I picked him at the second round. The whole draft has been borked for me because of that extra pick. I could have had a better player at 14.

Even if there is some fuckery to your logic over this, I never knew, and my drafting has been affected.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We do comp picks for the 1st round on occasions where a guy can't sign like with Lisbon who was an AI team up until the draft had already started, so Lisbon got 1-3 comped. That said, I was going to pick Nelson for you if not Campos so I guess it works out anyways.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
We do comp picks for the 1st round on occasions where a guy can't sign like with Lisbon who was an AI team up until the draft had already started, so Lisbon got 1-3 comped. That said, I was going to pick Nelson for you if not Campos so I guess it works out anyways.

I never knew this, so it's all a load of bullshit tbh. Why the fuck didn't someone tell me. All @Karl Hungus has ever said to me is we don't do comps, and I set my draft list up for the 4th and 14th. You lot have fucked me around.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean what's the fucking point of spending my entire weekend setting up my draft list if y"all gonna fucking do something and change the order?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well the optimization of draft lists aside it's just something neither of us had time to do until sunday afternoon, but Travis isn't an O so it's just a misunderstanding. I can explain more in the afternoon when I wake up

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jdlikewhoa

Something went wrong as I did bump Cairos down to 15th. HOWEVER, I would have still picked him with my second rounder anyway and I got three players high on my list. @Yankee151 @Travis7401 , some of the players you had ranked above Cairos my scout had as junk too.

I have an 8m amateur scouting budget and he thinks he's great -

View attachment 9165
@Mr. Radpants is going to be so pissed

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

Why the fuck couldn't I get a comp two years ago when I couldn't sign my 1st rounder then? Fucking rules different for each player. I was told by @Karl Hungus absolutely no comps on that or any other occasion. This is definitely some serious fuckery. I mean I didn't even know how to fucking draft and screwed it up for two years hardly knowing how or who to sign, but fucking Sean gets a comp pick because you're all in your fucking little circle jerk of friends and he needs more picks. It doesn't matter if Hayvis doesn't know the new draft order either and it fucks over a whole weekends worth of draft listing... And you all think @Wooly is a fucking meddler...

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Yankee151 @Karl Hungus - I think the fair thing to do would to be to redraft and either STICK to the rules of no compensatory picks, or give me another 1st rounder, for the fact that

1 - I spent a year not knowing how to draft and seriously ruined a year of drafting worse than Otto could have managed.
2 - Two years ago I couldn't sign my 1st rounder because of the glitch and nothing was done and no comp was given.
3 - You gave Sean a free 1st because he couldn't sign an Otto pick which goes against everything I was told.
4 - The draft order changed without me knowing this year.

It seems there is one rule for me and another for the close circle of original owners.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well the optimization of draft lists aside it's just something neither of us had time to do until sunday afternoon, but Travis isn't an O so it's just a misunderstanding. I can explain more in the afternoon when I wake up

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Karl was on that thread, I don't see why he didn't fucking say something. But everything aside - the fact that some can get comps and others who are probably far more justified in getting comps are told to fuck off is just bullshit.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

It doesn't work out at all. One of the 14 picked before me would have fallen to me at 14 and all but one were in the top 14 on my draft board. I would have therefore had over a 90% chance of picking a better player than Nelson, whether my second round choice was Cairos or not.

One of the reasons why I'm so angry is because I deliberately didn't complain about the time of the live draft, even though I would have liked to attend (I thought I had to concede because of my location). I instead worked all weekend on what I thought was my perfect auto-board out so that Cairos would fall to me in the second and get two great picks in the first. You neither made it convenient for me to attend, nor actually let my draft list work as it should have. You robbed me of letting this play out realistically for me, and I've ended up with lesser prospects.

@Karl Hungus

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@Travis7401 @Karl Hungus @Yankee151 , Is this draft even valid anyway? I should have had the 4th and 14th not the 5th and 15th. I thought we didn't do compensatory picks? It pisses me off that my 15th pick was taken with 14 off my draft board. I was never told this.

I remember I had Cairos at 15th on my list in order that I picked him at the second round. The whole draft has been borked for me because of that extra pick. I could have had a better player at 14.

Even if there is some fuckery to your logic over this, I never knew, and my drafting has been affected.

You should have ordered BPA period and listed enough players for a buffer. It doesn’t make sense that you would have Libertard higher than anyone you had higher on your big bor

You’re also overreacting a bit, maybe because they made fun of your pick? Just ignore them, your scout likes him and Travis’ spreadsheets aren’t the gold standard of who will be good.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Why the fuck couldn't I get a comp two years ago when I couldn't sign my 1st rounder then? Fucking rules different for each player. I was told by @Karl Hungus absolutely no comps on that or any other occasion. This is definitely some serious fuckery. I mean I didn't even know how to fucking draft and screwed it up for two years hardly knowing how or who to sign, but fucking Sean gets a comp pick because you're all in your fucking little circle jerk of friends and he needs more picks. It doesn't matter if Hayvis doesn't know the new draft order either and it fucks over a whole weekends worth of draft listing... And you all think @Wooly is a fucking meddler...

You get a comp pick when the players are “Impossible” to sign for you. It’s impossible to tell that from the draft website.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You should have ordered BPA period and listed enough players for a buffer. It doesn’t make sense that you would have Libertard higher than anyone you had higher on your big bor

You’re also overreacting a bit, maybe because they made fun of your pick? Just ignore them, your scout likes him and Travis’ spreadsheets aren’t gospel.

I had Cairos at 15 on my otto list to fall to me in th 2nd. My 1 - 14 would have been one of the guys drafted above me. It's fucked over my draft.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You get a comp pick when the players are “Impossible” to sign for you. It’s impossible to tell that from the draft website.

That happened to me in 2078 or 77, can't remember. Didn't know what was happening, so left it thinking I would get a comp (that's what it said). Then Karl tells me we don't do comps.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus @Mr. Radpants @NML @Travis7401 This is the way this league has gone for me -

1 - Get given one of the hardest, fucked up teams to take over.
2 - Fuck up the draft and finances even more in the first two years, as I thought you could learn on the job
3 - Get bailed out (to a level a lot lower than when I took over)because I fucked the finances.
4 - Everyone feels sorry for me and gives me some help, but with a lot of sarcasm and shtick.
5 - I finally feel like I can run the team, even though I am having to do it on scraps.
6 - I have major plans for my big chance in the draft (traded for it) to turn my prospect situation around so spend a long time on it.
7 - Draft order moves, but hey that's the way it goes, and you know someone needs a comp when we couldn't give you one even though you had the same thing.

And you wonder why recruits tend to give up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Because you got your 15th ranked player instead of your 14th ranked player?

Also, because Cairos went 15th, it then brought guys in to play I didn't want to. It's made me basically skip a pick. My plan was to have one of my top 14 guys, and then Cairos at 20, or someone beneath.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
YOU'RE not in a good mood now? I wondered why I had 8 notifications. Now I know. Feel free to keep acting like we haven't bent over backwards for you and your team to try and get Paris up and running. We drafted off your list. Did you get the players you wanted? Yes or no.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
McNulty what did I do? I voted against this and said that I hate lists, lol. I was called a bitch maid and probably added to Travis’ timeout Ignore list.

@Karl Hungus @Mr. Radpants @NML @Travis7401 This is the way this league has gone for me -

1 - Get given one of the hardest, fucked up teams to take over.
2 - Fuck up the draft and finances even more in the first two years, as I thought you could learn on the job
3 - Get bailed out (to a level a lot lower than when I took over)because I fucked the finances.
4 - Everyone feels sorry for me and gives me some help, but with a lot of sarcasm and shtick.
5 - I finally feel like I can run the team, even though I am having to do it on scraps.
6 - I have major plans for my big chance in the draft (traded for it) to turn my prospect situation around so spend a long time on it.
7 - Draft order moves, but hey that's the way it goes, and you know someone needs a comp when we couldn't give you one even though you had the same thing.

And you wonder why recruits tend to give up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
YOU'RE not in a good mood now? I wondered why I had 8 notifications. Now I know. Feel free to keep acting like we haven't bent over backwards for you and your team to try and get Paris up and running. We drafted off your list. Did you get the players you wanted? Yes or no.

Honestly Karl. I was looking forward to this draft because I now finally know the basics of the game, and instead of insisting on it being earlier so I could attend, I spent a shit load of time preparing a draft list for shit to happen when I'm not there.

No I didn't get the right players. One of the guys above Cairos would have been my pick at 14 and Cairos would have been there at 20. It just takes any fun I had sorting this out away.

You all bent over backwards when you realised I was struggling to the point of non-participation. I know you probably don't care if I'm in the league or not, but it got to the point where there was no reason for me still being there over Otto. My finances were reshaped, but they are less still than when I took over. Why does Lisbon get a comp, when you told me no comps, even when I fucked up two drafts and saw at least one first rounder disappear because I couldn't sign him?

At this point, I really don't see the point of me being in the league (although as I've said before I will stay if only to piss you all off). I need help (which doesn't make me exactly feel brilliant), most of you (not you) are usually sarcastic about that help, and then when I do finally get some fun together out of the game, you change the rules and I get my immersion taken away.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I would genuinely like to know how this draft is valid, when my draft positions aren't what I'm told? And I would like to know why I'm told we don't do comps and someone else gets a comp for the same reason I didn't get given one two seasons ago which ends up being the reason my draft position is bumped down?

I mean, I know I'm over the fucking top with this, but it's not like I don't have a point. I don't think it's particularly relevant to say that my finances were sorted out, and I've been given a few tips so I have to shut up about this. I do think that's a completely different issue.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I would genuinely like to know how this draft is valid, when my draft positions aren't what I'm told? And I would like to know why I'm told we don't do comps and someone else gets a comp for the same reason I didn't get given one two seasons ago which ends up being the reason my draft position is bumped down?

I mean, I know I'm over the fucking top with this, but it's not like I don't have a point. I don't think it's particularly relevant to say that my finances were sorted out, and I've been given a few tips so I have to shut up about this. I do think that's a completely different issue.

Definitely not a good example of the "stiff upper lip" my friend. Which BUM did you have next on ur list anyway? Maybe we can come to an EQUITABLE solution to this without INVALIDATING this draft that I completely forgot about.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hayvis got the player he had listed #3 at #5 and the player he listed #9 at #14. Would have had the exact same players a pick earlier

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hayvis got the player he had listed #3 at #5 and the player he listed #9 at #14. Would have had the exact same players a pick earlier

I changed my order. Cairos was 15th when I went to bed last night. I only had him at 9th, because if you look I had everyone sorted by position.