• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA!

DO YOU WANT A LIVE DRAFT 1st ROUND?

• Total voters

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
DRAFT SITE FOR U LAZY BUMS
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=draftPicks

LIVE DRAFT FOR ROUND ONE STARTS EXACTLY AT 7PM EASTERN TIME ON SUNDAY! SHOW UP IN THE UTOPIA DISCORD FOR LIVE CHAT WITH SEXY TRAVIS! 5 MINUTE PICK TIMER!

If you can't attend, please either make a list on the draft website, specify if you want BPA from the big board, or PM a representative to make a pick for you based on whatever criteria ya'll want. Whatever you do, the pick will be made within 5 minutes!

The draft pool has officially been released and I've created the new DRAFT TOOL for ya'll to use if you'd like!
DRAFT TOOL Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bjjs26u8ujoe9/2080_DraftTool_OSA.xlsx?dl=0

I would love to do a LIVE FIRST ROUND sometime around the all star game. I am going to be attempting to build IMMERSION through this thread to get ya'll excited about a live first round, but ultimately it's something the league will need to decide they are ready for. If you have questions about the spreadsheet, let me know. If you want to edit the spreadsheet, go ahead and give it a whirl! I left the DATA DUMPS straight as I got them out of OOTP, and you can also access the calculation sheets I used to compile the summary sheets.

Sample Screenshot for Batters:
1567313139133.png

Sample Screenshot for Pitchers:
1567313204818.png

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Look at Travis with this live draft thing again, pandering to the time HAVES and trying to exclude the time HAVE NOTS from the most fun event the league has. Shame on you sir

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP TRADITIONAL STARTING PITCHERS

Traditional starting pitchers should have a minimum rating of 50 for Stuff/Movement/Control, and at least 3 good pitches and Stamina of 40 or greater. Here is a list of the finest traditional SPs in the 2080 draft. I feel like the #1 pitcher is a shade above the rest, but for pitchers 2-5 I could see putting them in any order. It will be interesting to follow their careers and see who turns out and who doesn't! The #6 guy has a little less top end potential, but he's also the most CAN'T MISS player to make the WBL for sure because of his current ratings.

1. Abdul-Azim Misbah
Abdul Azim is an extreme groundball pitcher with 3 good pitched and a 4th decent pitch and all pitching ratings with potential above 60. He's a high school player, so you will need to wait a while for him to develop, but he has great upside and I believe his stuff rating will probably improve even more if he gets a bump to his velocity that a lot of HS pitchers get.
1567379271399.png

2. Rob 'Two-Timer' Burton
Rob is a pitcher with 6 total pitches (3 good, 3 decent). I've always felt pitchers with a ton of pitches tend to out perform their ratings. I've never had a guy with so many marginal pitches, though? Hopefully he doesn't spend all game throwing the bad pitches, lol. He is more developed, so he will be ready to help your team sooner, but the only thing that worries me is his control rating, which has a long way to go before he's a good WBL player. He did improve from 25 control to 35 control in college, so he's headed in the right direction! 80 stamina means he can be a real workhorse for you as well!
1567379294964.png

3. Nazih Khalil
Nazih is another college pitcher who still needs some bumps to his control rating for him to be a good WBL starter. He's slightly more concerning than Burton because he has lower potential in this area and has only progressed from a 25 rating to a 30 rating in college. I like his personality and I love his 70 potential fastball.
1567379316665.png

4. José Moreno
Jose has all 55+ potential pitching ratings and I'm almost sure his stuff will get a bump, because he's got 3 pitches with a 60 or better rating, so I think he could be more like a 60/55/65. He has a really nice personality, and If you're willing to wait a few extra years, I think he might have more upside than the two pitchers I rated above him!
1567379342852.png

5. Ken Flynn
Ken Flynn, what a terrible name. Like Jose Moreno above, his stuff potential is probably a little low based on the sum of his 3 pitches. I think he has more like 60/55/60 potential, which would make him a really nice WBL starter. Ken Flynn also has the ever desirable DURABLE injury history!
1567379366990.png

6. Santiago Ríos
Santiago might be a step below in terms of potential, but he's also the closest to being ready to play in the WBL. I think he'd slot in nicely in AA and be ready for a CUP OF COFFEE at the end of the 2081 season. Teams who need a cheap 4th or 5th SP while rebuilding will see benefit in drafting Rios, even if he doesn't have quite the same top end. Worst Case Ontario he will definitely make a WBL roster in a relief role. He did have a bad season last year, maybe he was just bored?
1567379391309.png

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Let's get @TonyGin&Juice to do a draft analysis and then we can have a Kiper/McShay situation here...

I'm on it babby. Get ready for the hair to be unleashed!!!!

CEA1yudUMAAdS_A.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP RELIEF ACES/CLOSERS!

This isn't your Daddy's WBL! Closers and Relief ACES are commanding salaries of $5-10M/season and are hot commodities in free agency. GIMMICK pitching systems utilizing the stopper role love relief pitchers with great stamina and they see almost as many innings as a SP. You might not want to spend a 1st round pick on a reliever, but I wouldn't hesitate to take any of these guys in the 1st! Here's a list of a few of the best the 2080 draft has to offer.

Chris 'Chokie' Campbell
Here is the type of closer you wouldn't be surprised to see taken in the 1st round. 80/55/60 potential ratings and he's already got current ratings of 50 or greater in each area, so he's a CAN'T MISS PLAYER. My favorite thing about Campbell is that he's actually got 60 stamina and a 3rd pitch (even if it is bad). He's listed as a closer, but this is a prototypical RELIEF ACE that in the right system can see as many innings as a starting pitcher. Imagine having this guy pitch for an inning or two every other day!
1567383176248.png

Kiyoshi Matsushita
Kiyoshi is listed in the draft as a SP, but he projects better as a RELIEF ACE because his 3rd pitch tops out at 30 OVR. If you convert him to RP you should see a bump of 5-10 points to his stuff, since it will only use his top 2 pitches in the calculation. He will likely get the VELO bump typical to young prospects, leading me to project his true potential ratings as 70/60/60 as a RP. 65 Stamina with a 3rd pitch makes him a relief ace just like CHOKIE above. He's a bit more of a question mark as a young player who will require more development, but on the flip side he also has the potential to turn into a great SP if his 3rd pitch ever improves.
1567383422860.png

Conroy Trainer
Another player listed as a SP, who projects better as a RELIEF ACE since his 3rd pitch isn't good enough for a starter. Still, he does have a 3rd pitch and he has 65 stamina, so he can definitely see a lot of innings with the right bullpen setup. Similar to Kiyoshi, his stuff rating would get a bump from the position change and I think he projects as a 65/55/65 relief ace. Not quite as good as Kiyoshi, but he does have the benefit of a HIGH work ethic, so maybe he'll turn hisself into the better player.
1567383899832.png

Matt Hone
Hone is a more traditional closer and doesn't quite fit the RELIEF ACE role but he COULD be used there since he has 50 stamina! He's a 70/55/60 potential pitcher, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a VELO bump move that stuff rating even higher, so he'll be a good WBL player no matter how you set ur bullpen!
1567383628341.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP RELIEF ACES/CLOSERS!

This isn't your Daddy's WBL! Closers and Relief ACES are commanding salaries of $5-10M/season and are hot commodities in free agency. GIMMICK pitching systems utilizing the stopper role love relief pitchers with great stamina and they see almost as many innings as a SP. You might not want to spend a 1st round pick on a reliever, but I wouldn't hesitate to take any of these guys in the 1st! Here's a list of a few of the best the 2080 draft has to offer.

Chris 'Chokie' Campbell
Here is the type of closer you wouldn't be surprised to see taken in the 1st round. 80/55/60 potential ratings and he's already got current ratings of 50 or greater in each area, so he's a CAN'T MISS PLAYER. My favorite thing about Campbell is that he's actually got 60 stamina and a 3rd pitch (even if it is bad). He's listed as a closer, but this is a prototypical RELIEF ACE that in the right system can see as many innings as a starting pitcher. Imagine having this guy pitch for an inning or two every other day!
View attachment 8916

Kiyoshi Matsushita
Kiyoshi is listed in the draft as a SP, but he projects better as a RELIEF ACE because his 3rd pitch tops out at 30 OVR. If you convert him to RP you should see a bump of 5-10 points to his stuff, since it will only use his top 2 pitches in the calculation. He will likely get the VELO bump typical to young prospects, leading me to project his true potential ratings as 70/60/60 as a RP. 65 Stamina with a 3rd pitch makes him a relief ace just like CHOKIE above. He's a bit more of a question mark as a young player who will require more development, but on the flip side he also has the potential to turn into a great SP if his 3rd pitch ever improves.
View attachment 8917

Conroy Trainer
Another player listed as a SP, who projects better as a RELIEF ACE since his 3rd pitch isn't good enough for a starter. Still, he does have a 3rd pitch and he has 65 stamina, so he can definitely see a lot of innings with the right bullpen setup. Similar to Kiyoshi, his stuff rating would get a bump from the position change and I think he projects as a 65/55/65 relief ace. Not quite as good as Kiyoshi, but he does have the benefit of a HIGH work ethic, so maybe he'll turn hisself into the better player.
View attachment 8919

Matt Hone
Hone is a more traditional closer and doesn't quite fit the RELIEF ACE role but he COULD be used there since he has 50 stamina! He's a 70/55/60 potential pitcher, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a VELO bump move that stuff rating even higher, so he'll be a good WBL player no matter how you set ur bullpen!
View attachment 8918
Aka the Louie Honeyfield Award.

CHOKIE should be a Top 8 pick imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP TROG BATS
Everyone loves a guy with a big stick, so what if he can't play a single position at the WBL level? We've got 3 quality trog bats in the draft this season and I guarantee at least one of them will go in the first round! A couple of these guys might even tempt you into believing they won't be liabilities in the field, but you know you should really just make them DH and be done with it.

Taymullah bin Tareef
Here we have the quintessential "NOT EVEN A CORNER OUTFIELDER"! What a terrible player, none of you should draft him, and you should force me to select him. Jokes aside, this bat is worth drafting without a position. I would just switch him to DH and not even pretend he'll be anything else. The best bat in the draft, IMO!
1567394990736.png

Cahil Sengor
Sengor is a step down from Tareef, but he's still got a really nice bat and you could talk yourself into him playing at 1B, where he'd be below average with 30 range, but could at least attempt to play the position. I could see a team drafting him in the first round based on the quality of his bat and the potential he could be serviceable at 1B (or at least backup 1B)
1567396031408.png

Yi-ping Liu
Liu is a "not even a catcher" who would at least be able to serve as a backup at the position, which does add a little value. I personally don't like this type of bat for DH, since he doesn't have a lot of power, but he'd still be a productive hitter, so he'd make a nice backup catcher/bench bat on a 25 man roster. Probably not a 1st rounder, but I figured I'd include him in the trog bast list to make Tony feel bad about not signing him!
1567396407587.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also, I found a bust in the TOOL for the speed/stealing/running ratings, so I uploaded a new version

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP CATCHER
Catcher has been going through a bit of a down cycle of late. There aren't a lot of good defensive catchers who can also hit at a WBL average level. This trend continues with the 2080 WBL draft, leaving me only one prospect to officailly rate. YI PING LIU is honestly the 2nd best catcher in the draft, which is scary since he's 45/45 defensively. With only 1 catcher officially rated, I expect him to go in the 1st round based on the relative scarcity at the position!

Okay 'Biceps' Dursun
Biceps has a great name and a great nickname, what a combo! He's the only prospect who projects as a WBL level catcher, but he's not really elite. If you're looking for a GREEN AND YELLOWS level catcher, than he's your guy! With that personality he also will help you compete for the Rapey Pete Rhythmic Slapping award! He's only 18 years old, but don't be surprised if he shoves a toilet plunger up the ass of a much older player when "his temper goes from 0-60 in seconds!" Given the scarcity at the position, someone is going to take him and look the other way while he commits crimes against humanity!

1567397234019.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP CORNER IF RATINGS
This category goes to players who can play at least 1B at the WBL level. Bonus points go to players who can play 3B at a WBL level. These guys don't have the range to play in the middle infield, but can still play a position! It is kinda a down year at this "position," which I actually think adds some value to the trog bats!

Blake Perez
You should just pencil this guy in as a rigger if he makes it to the end of the 1st round. This is the type of player DOUGLASS loves drafting for the system. He's not flashy and he doesn't have the best upside, but very well developed already. Even with a conservative dev approach, he's ready to start in AA and can get a CUP OF COFFEE by 2081! He's already got a good 3B rating and can improve a bit as well. Train him in 1B to give him some extra versatility as well! Love that personality too. This guy is a sure thing to make a WBL roster!
1567398216633.png

Warner Hoern
Warner doesn't really have the range to start at 2B at the WBL level, but he can position change to 1B and can be a not-great backup at both 2B and 3B. I'm not crazy about his type of bat for the 1B position, but there are WBL players who have had success at 1B without bringing a lot of power to the table. CONTACT IS KING in batting stats and he's got 65 potential in that category so you know he'll hit for average. I don't really rate him as a 1st rounder, but someone who appreciates contact bats will get a guy here, so I figured I should mention him.
1567398453128.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP MIDDLE/UTILITY INFIELD RATINGS
We have a pretty solid group of 3 players that project at the WBL level as Shortstops or at the very least, utility infielders. You could argue the order here, depending on the relative value you place on defense vs bat at the shortstop/2B positions. You'll probably need to consult ur scout's opinion!

Kenshin Fujita
Kenshin has the best bat of the three. In addition to being a decent contact hitter, he has a good gap rating and decent ratings for power and eye. This is the rare shortstop type player who is actually a relatively complete bat. He's got a 55 rating at SS, and he could improve a little bit there... but I like the fact that he can play 2B and 3B at an elite level as well. Even if his range drops a bit through the years and he doesn't end up projecting as a WBL shortstop, he'd be a good 2B or a great utility IF.
1567399660984.png

Sean van Beyeren
You could definitely make the argument that SEAN is the best MIF prospect in the draft, and I would personally rate him higher than Kenshin (I tried to rate players based on how the WBL feels on average). He's a truly elite defender (He's the best infield defensive player in the draft) and his bat is very well rounded for the position, if slightly worse than what Kenshin brings to the table. Coming out of college, he's more developed and he's already an elite SS. He projects as an elite defender at 2B and 3B as well. At worst, he'd be a valuable utility infielder, but I think he could start at SS for most teams. The fact that he's an ELITE baserunner is a nice bonus as well!
1567399898724.png

Augusto Figueroa
Figueroa is another ELITE defensive prospect, with a solid and well rounded bat. He's a notch down from SEAN, IMO, but he's still going to make the WBL as a utility infielder at the worst. If he hits all of his potential, then I think he's a starting SS for most teams. His only real flaw, is that his baserunning leaves a bit to be desired.
1567400167812.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP EVEN A CORNER OUTFIELDER RATINGS

Jack Miller
Jack is the best batter who can play a WBL position at an above average level. I love that ALL GREENS bat, with the ALL BLUES running ratings as a nice bonus. Add in the ALL GREENS OF ratings and he can play either Corner OF spot at an above average level, and should hit >.800 OPS. The wonderful part about JACK is that his bat is mostly developed, so he's basically a can't miss starter at the WBL level. This type of READY 2 ROLL player would be an awesome selection for any team.
1567401640094.png

Cuong 'Extreme' Phu
The dude is literally named Kung Fu and his nickname is extreme... what more do you want? Just draft him now. His bat potential is very similar to what JACK brings to the table, but you're going to have to wait several seasons for him to develop. He's also slightly worse in the field and slightly worse on the bases. Still, he should be able to play both corners at an average WBL level, and he's got a really nice personality!
1567402075627.png

Torkel Ackerdin
Only @Orlando is allowed to draft Torkel. If your name is not Orlando, go ahead and move on. Torkel has a good solid bat and he can play both corner OF positions at an average level, though he's gonna commit some errors! He doesn't have the potential top end of KUNG FU, but he is more developed so he should end up playing in the WBL. I can't wait to see TORKEL^2 4 DECADES
1567402220086.png

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Guys who tony couldn’t sign due to lack of money!

I did sign him, he just showed up twice in my draft list which resulted in him both failing to sign and me “releasing” him. I actually plenty of money left to sign him so the Os just need to put him back in my system. Recruits click.

If @TonyGin&Juice doesn't make a franchise-crippling move to trade up for CHOKIE...

I’d be willing to trade my 1st and 2nd and both 3rds this draft to get him. Guy is legit the kind of guy I’d tank a draft for or at least trade a draft for in OOTP. He can join the growing list of disappointing CHOKIES I’ve drafted over the years.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
TRAVISSUCKSDICK'S TOP CF/4TH OF RATINGS
This group isn't as strong as the middle infielders, but we've got one player who could probably start at CF, a couple of 4th OF types, and then one SUPER STAR SURPRISE that we've already encountered before!

Bernard Martin
Bernard is the only player in the class who I think has a chance to START at CF at the WBL level. The plus side is that he's already very developed, the down side is that he doesn't have that much room to grow and his bat is pretty average. It is a well rounded bat at least, but he's probably going to hit in the low .700 OPS range and need to add value in the field and on the base paths. Fortunately, he's got great defensive ratings and great base running ratings, so I do think he can add value as a starter! At the worst, he's going to make the WBL as a 4th OF, so you can't really MISS with this guy!
1567403405746.png

The #2 Overall Starting Pitcher ROB BURTON actually projects as the 2nd best CF in the draft. The "TWO TIMER" nickname starts to make a little sense now! Rob has 65/60/60 ratings for Range/Errors/Arm in the outfield and a 55/55/50/50/55 bat that is actually better than BERNARD's. He already has a 65 positional rating in LF and could play RF well and would even be a passable CF! The only problem is the fact that you're going to have to decide where he's most valuable for your franchise! Is he a better SP or OF? I think he's good enough to be a starter in the WBL, so that would make playing BOTH WAYS more difficult. I'm sure some revolutionary manager will draft him and figure out a way to make him the GOAT 2-way player! JK, he'll probably get drafted by OTTO and become a middle reliever or some shit. I had to go IN GAME to get a screenshot that shows his full potential. The only downside is that he's added both positions to his desired signing bonus and is asking for $5.5M! WOOF! I won't even make this image a thumbnail so you can see his full glory. Note for @Mr. Radpants I have the OSA ratings selected!

1567404087691.png

Te Tu
Te Tu is a pretty big drop off, and can't play CF at a starting WBL level. I'm bringing him up because he's got a decent contact bat and can provide WBL value as a 4th OF.
1567404267762.png

Xisto Baleia
Xisto is similar to Te Tu, but trades a bit of bat for a little better defense. He doesn't project as a WBL starter, but could be a 4th OF
1567404374140.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I did sign him, he just showed up twice in my draft list which resulted in him both failing to sign and me “releasing” him. I actually plenty of money left to sign him so the Os just need to put him back in my system. Recruits click.

I’d be willing to trade my 1st and 2nd and both 3rds this draft to get him. Guy is legit the kind of guy I’d tank a draft for or at least trade a draft for in OOTP. He can join the growing list of disappointing CHOKIES I’ve drafted over the years.

Why didn't you mention him while you were tombout all ur other problem signees? To me if they reach the draft pool without you noticing, you SOL. There have been a ton of players drafted multiple times the last few seasons. Should we put them all on the teams who drafted them first? To me, if you don't bring it up when they initially fail to sign than you should move on. The dude already went back to high school for a SUPER SENIOR YEAR and lived the dream.

Look at that 2080 season played for the VOID STAR SHADOW REALM HS
1567404992138.png

TonyGin&Juice

Why didn't you mention him while you were tombout all ur other problem signees? To me if they reach the draft pool without you noticing, you SOL. There have been a ton of players drafted multiple times the last few seasons. Should we put them all on the teams who drafted them first? To me, if you don't bring it up when they initially fail to sign than you should move on. The dude already went back to high school for a SUPER SENIOR YEAR and lived the dream.

Look at that 2080 season played for the VOID STAR SHADOW REALM HS
View attachment 8942

I did mention that to the O hoez so get off my nutz and go back to attempting to shuffle off this mortal coil via alcohol poisoning.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I like the looks of Conroy Trainer! Definitely a stopper in the making. The kind of guy I'll abuse out of the bullpen for 4-5 years and then let walk into a big FA contract with a new team where he'll promptly die. Basically noted cum dump Tom Pyke.