• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

NML

you think thats a fault of his own though?

I mean, they've had several top lottery picks that as of now, havent really taken that next step either. Why do you fault booker for the lack of his teams success?

Just interested in your perspective

Obviously the team building aspect of it doesn’t fall on him. What I mean is that regardless of your supporting class, an elite player can carry a team to mediocrity.

After his rookie year, what do you figure Anthony Davis’s record is (in games he actually plays)? Just under .500? I’m kinda guessing, but I’d figure he’s around 45% and he’s had AWFUL supporting casts. He’s missed a lot of time doe

The Pacers won 48 games last year. Who was their second best player? Like, there are pieces there, but there are pieces in Phoenix too.

Booker is closer to a piece than “the guy”

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
you're usually more....idk..._______ in your analysis

i cant think of the word lol

I mean, he's doing what he can for the team that drafted him. Its not like he just signed with an abysmal team to get the bag and now he just filling up the stat sheet. I think whatever production he gives them is a function of the offense that's been designed to feature him as the go to player.

I just thought your initial post was kinda shortsighted

Reel

Community Liaison
Obviously the team building aspect of it doesn’t fall on him. What I mean is that regardless of your supporting class, an elite player can carry a team to mediocrity.

After his rookie year, what do you figure Anthony Davis’s record is (in games he actually plays)? Just under .500? I’m kinda guessing, but I’d figure he’s around 45% and he’s had AWFUL supporting casts. He’s missed a lot of time doe

The Pacers won 48 games last year. Who was their second best player? Like, there are pieces there, but there are pieces in Phoenix too.

Booker is closer to a piece than “the guy”
ahh ok

i still think there are way too many variables to take into consideration when judging if someone is going to be "that guy" for their team or rather if the success or failure falls solely on their shoulders. Is Booker a transcendent player? Absolutely not, but to your point, i will agree, i think he is more of a piece than the main dude.

I only bring this example up b/c Lebron is a transcendent player and has shown on 3 separate occasions, he can put the team on his back doe and completely reverse the odds of them from being in the dump to competing for a title.

sayo

YEET
you're usually more....idk..._______ in your analysis

i cant think of the word lol

I mean, he's doing what he can for the team that drafted him. Its not like he just signed with an abysmal team to get the bag and now he just filling up the stat sheet. I think whatever production he gives them is a function of the offense that's been designed to feature him as the go to player.

I just thought your initial post was kinda shortsighted
I get what you're saying. His team has still never done anything.

I guess my post was a reaction to people (not here) just assuming he's going to be a perennial all star/superstar. He's obviously a bucket getter but there are lots of examples of dudes like that who never won anything.

Reel

Community Liaison
I get what you're saying. His team has still never done anything.

I guess my post was a reaction to people (not here) just assuming he's going to be a perennial all star/superstar. He's obviously a bucket getter but there are lots of examples of dudes like that who never won anything.

indeed

all star? maybe

superstar? nah

i told ya'll, i think it was at the end of last season, but him and Zach Lavine were statistically identical but Lavine isnt taking the volume of shots Booker is

I guess the thing im happy about (at least for the time being) is that Booker isnt on an already dominant team so at least the illusion of parity is still in tact.

NML

There were no bad Laker teams until Kobe was over 35

They made the playoffs every year except one

Booker can’t win 28 games

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-prospects-not-wanting-go-one-done-route-ncaa

Step in the right direction. Will be interested to see how it is implemented. If a kid goes this route and gets exposed or hurt, what happens to him? He's not on a team (assuming it is only one year), no more amateurism. Does he still enter the draft? Does he get an option to continue playing in the G League?

Will be staying tuned here.
The step in the right direction would be to allow these guys to be drafted and then make the decision. 2 years nba or a modified 2 way contract.

The nba has this giant d league setup and still refuses to use it as an actual long term development tool.

What real benefit does it bring to a team to sign a guy to this g-league deal and work with him for a year only to have someone else draft him a year later?

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Demar is boring af. He's your boy now so I get it.
Idk how you can be bored by any player with more talent/skill/technique than Lay Low in the NBA as someone who plays basketball. I find something to appreciate in almost any player. It’s just enjoyable as someone who plays the sport to watch each and every player and how they attack, variations in footwork, finishes, etc.

Not everyone has to play like the modern PG to be enjoyable to watch, but that is just me. I enjoyed watching him before he was a Spur, even more now.

It’s like the hate for Harden. I don’t get it. His footwork is otherworldly, his iso game is second to none. As a ball player (recreationally of course), how is that not fun to watch lol

Edit: except for RUSS, but mostly bc of OKC fans lol

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The hate for Harden is mostly because of his flopping. I find it annoying, but if he keeps getting calls he won't stop, so I don't blame him. I acknowledge how good he is as a dribbler/ballhandler.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
The hate for Harden is mostly because of his flopping. I find it annoying, but if he keeps getting calls he won't stop, so I don't blame him. I acknowledge how good he is as a dribbler/ballhandler.
The problem with this is that every NBA player flops. There’s just a handful of guys who use it to their advantage more than the others. If defenders just keep their hands out of his air space then they don’t have to worry about it haha

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
True, but he dramatizes contact on Ginobili/CP3 levels. Like I said, if it keeps getting called in his favor then he should keep doing it.

sayo

YEET
For Harden, it's the flopping. Yeah, everyone does it to an extent but he's the goat of all time.

Demar he just plays too much like an early 2000s inefficient wing. It's not very exciting.

I'd rather watch 20 other players than him.

MSUFanatic

The step in the right direction would be to allow these guys to be drafted and then make the decision. 2 years nba or a modified 2 way contract.

The nba has this giant d league setup and still refuses to use it as an actual long term development tool.

What real benefit does it bring to a team to sign a guy to this g-league deal and work with him for a year only to have someone else draft him a year later?

I don't disagree with that, but this is still better than a kid either having to go to school or go overseas. Even if it isn't perfect it's somewhere that's still better than not having it as an option.

Reel

Community Liaison
harden's blatant flopping and traveling is what triggers me

Jrue Leroy held him in check tho

4/10 from the field...fap

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Idk how you can be bored by any player with more talent/skill/technique than Lay Low in the NBA as someone who plays basketball. I find something to appreciate in almost any player. It’s just enjoyable as someone who plays the sport to watch each and every player and how they attack, variations in footwork, finishes, etc.

Not everyone has to play like the modern PG to be enjoyable to watch, but that is just me. I enjoyed watching him before he was a Spur, even more now.

It’s like the hate for Harden. I don’t get it. His footwork is otherworldly, his iso game is second to none. As a ball player (recreationally of course), how is that not fun to watch lol

Edit: except for RUSS, but mostly bc of OKC fans lol
Lol

sayo

YEET
Lol just re-read that. "To be fair, you have to have a very high [basketball] iq to understand DeRozan".

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
dammit

giphy.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The wizards lost to a heat team at home who were on the 2nd game of an opening back to back.

Fozzyfacepalm.gif

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, Lonzo looked like ass. This team is still mostly jabronis, but I’ll watch until I get bored

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Lol just re-read that. "To be fair, you have to have a very high [basketball] iq to understand DeRozan".
That’s not at all what I was saying lol.
Guess I’m just saying basketball is fun and only the lay low Roy types bore me. Whatevs yo.

evil1

Lonzo Ball shot 1-4 from three point distance last night, which was somehow still slightly better than the team average.
2017 first overall pick Markelle Fultz made his first three point shot in an NBA game last night.
2016 first overall pick Ben Simmons has yet to make a three pointer in the NBA.

sayo

YEET
That’s not at all what I was saying lol.
Guess I’m just saying basketball is fun and only the lay low Roy types bore me. Whatevs yo.
I'm just fucking with you. I disagree and I guess I have a higher standard for what is entertaining.

Reactions: bjc

Reel

Community Liaison
Lonzo Ball shot 1-4 from three point distance last night, which was somehow still slightly better than the team average.
2017 first overall pick Markelle Fultz made his first three point shot in an NBA game last night.
i laughed

:dunno:

Reactions: bjc

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Holy cow this stat is true??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reel

Community Liaison
Last year, 3 games separated the #3 seed and the #9 in the West. Every playoff team in the West not named Golden State is barely going to squeak in.
i dont think its going to be that close this season

Reel

Community Liaison
Holy cow this stat is true??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

the lakers in the first half were like 0/13 from 3 or something. I didnt catch the second half...well, i woke up just in time to see the blazers getting ready to close it out

but if zo was shooting 25%, then the rest of the night as a team must've been brutal!