• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Seems like the easy solution would be to play the games Tuesday night. But even putting the games against MNF would be a better option than playing on a Monday afternoon.

Honest question for our LA people - will Dodgers stadium even be full for this game? I'm sure it will be a "sell out" but will the stadium fill up?

bruin

Yes because putting both MLB play-in games at the same time would have went over so fucking well right? Especially against a decent looking MNF matchup.

Yup. There’s a reason why the NL/AL wild card games aren’t on the same day. This is MLB’s dream, really. Doesn’t matter the times. Two lead-ins to MNF? They’d get crush going against Football, even if it was the Jags vs Bengals.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The wildcard games are Tuesday. The play earlier today for travel. It’s not that difficult to understand.

Hmm, it's almost like I said that already. Oh wait, I did!

(I know it's because of travel, but still, maybe find a way to show both of these games in primetime?)

But why the hell, if your only option is to play day games on Monday for tiebreaker games, are you scheduling the wild card game for Tuesday? It's not like tiebreaker games are all that rare. There's been an average of one every other year in the past 10-ish years. Why would MLB want to expose these games to fewer people like they're doing now. It's idiotic.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Dodger Stadium will be full.

Fair. Wasn't sure with LA traffic, Monday afternoon game, plus the fact that the Dodgers have been in the playoffs every year for a while, would mean that the stadium would be full.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Hmm, it's almost like I said that already. Oh wait, I did!

But why the hell, if your only option is to play day games on Monday for tiebreaker games, are you scheduling the wild card game for Tuesday? It's not like tiebreaker games are all that rare. There's been an average of one every other year in the past 10-ish years. Why would MLB want to expose these games to fewer people like they're doing now. It's idiotic.
There has been exactly 1 MLB tiebreaker game since the WC Play-in game started and not surprisingly the ratings bombed by going head to head with MNF. They will probably get a ratings boost for the lead up to MNF compared to sticking the game on fuckin TBS.

There is a long enough gap with the WC play-in games already for the actual season to start. We don't need more off-days for a potential event that's happened twice since 2009 and especially in a scenario like this where NEITHER TEAM IS ACTUALLY ELIMINATED.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
An average sports fan asked to name all MLB teams probably forgets the Brewers exist

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A windier day and that was gone. Great game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Watching teams with great bullpens and clutch hitting from random middle infielders makes me so sad in the pants. Those 2006 and 2012 Tigers teams were so, so good but never had either of those.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Working from home and too lazy to drive to Canes so told them delivery dudes to get me a Cubano ORALE

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rockies getting away with a lot of stupid mental errors right now: Freeland not covering first on a double play ball, Dahl missing a fly ball, and Desmond trying to get to second on a fly ball to left in freaking Wrigley Field. Getting really lucky this shit hasn't bit them in the ass yet.

Top Bottom