• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Or they're 0-2 without iggy

I get the Iggy point, and I agree with it that’s had a significant change in the series. I found this on the nba subreddit and it still blows my mind Houston won last night.
  • 45-45. This is a good thing for the Dubs, and the Rockets are gonna be frustrated that this is an tied game, they really had all the shots to put the Warriors at +15 at some point but didn't take that opportunity, they shot 6-24 from 3 for an abysmal 25%. Harden & CP3 were pretty terrible (11 points on 4-20 shooting combined)

sayo

YEET
I don't get that point. They kind of ended up getting closer to their average by the end of the game at 30%.

Harden hasn't shot well all series but it seems like the last time he hit a step back three was when Papa Mike was eating a cheeseburger at the messican joint.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I don't get that point. They kind of ended up getting closer to their average by the end of the game at 30%.

Harden hasn't shot well all series but it seems like the last time he hit a step back three was when Papa Mike was eating a cheeseburger at the messican joint.
There’s been no point in the last 3 seasons someone’s best two players are shooting that bad, shooting that poor from outside and are not only tied but thinking if some of these looks had fallen we’d be up 10+.

They got stuck on 45 for awhile and had some really clean looks in that stretch that just wouldn’t fall. I’m really just shocked the rockets are in this series at all.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
If you wanna get real, it is health. If Iggy and Curry are close to 100%, it's a wrap tbh.
I agree. Steph does not look anywhere near as explosive as he was in the prior few seasons. Iggy hurts for other reasons.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I understand what injured means haha

I meant they are “sitting” him because vs push him at 80%, let him sit game six and be 100% for game seven

If it's anything more than a slight tweak, they're hoping he'll be 80% for game 7. Hamstrings aren't easy to deal with

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
even after that hot start the warriors will probably go into the half with the lead

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They're helping so hard on Durant drives, that last one had whoever was on Klay just leave him completely and Durant still didnt even look at him

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Warriors just don’t look like themselves, even with Iggy injury considered. They look outmatched, which is insane to think considering the lineups each team has.

Curry probably is not where he needs to be.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I doubt TNT didn't fact check hisself, but it's crazy that this is the first time since 1979 that both conference finals went to 7 games.

evil1

Factoring in what was at stake, I thought the third quarter of tonight's game was the best quarter of basketball in the playoffs.

I also think basketball writers in general are going to fry their brains trying to decide when isolation basketball is a good thing or not. "The Rockets have modernized iso basketball", "the Rockets are being killed by playing too much isolation", "what a great play by Durant, no one can guard him one on one", "Durant going into iso mode is throwing off the Warriors offense".