• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
How is it like that at all?

Okay I can agree with this.

If he didn’t shift all game and then did in that situation, THEN it’s fair to say that cost him the game or whatever.

The initial statement was (im paraphrasing) “Kapler shifts all game long, and it cost him the game.” But he also, theoretically, got some extra outs because of the shifting. So shifting may or may not have had a negative impact for his team. So I don’t think an acceptable opinion is “shifting cost him the game” because of one play.

If someone took batted ball data and marked all the movements of the fielders, and then concluded that shifting was a net negative for the game - then it would be a more acceptable take.

I also think that’s incredibly short sighted and putting too much into a small sample size, but at least there’s logic behind it. There wasn’t any in the initial statement.
Theoretically, Kapler could shift them the entire game and actually not gain any extra outs.

Take that for data.

Reactions: NML

bruin

Dodgers 'pen.

giphy.gif

NML

Sox were down 7-2 with two outs in the bottom of the eight and didn’t need the ninth. Won eight straight, best record in baseball and best start in franchise history.

NML

Ur right, shouldn’t go crazy over small sample sizes

In other news, Yankee fans are boo-ing Giancarlo Stanton every time he strikes out - which is apparently every other at bat

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah pretty much lol

The Sox will probably sweep the Yankees next week. Gary Sanchez is hitting under .100 and Stanton is close to joining him

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
He's only had one scoring play in 2 starts, and has gotten back something like 3x the runs he's allowed. Crazy

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He retired 33 straight between the Chapman HR and that Semien hit. People are talking about what will happen when teams adjust but he faced the A's for the second time today and did even better

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
He retired 33 straight between the Chapman HR and that Semien hit. People are talking about what will happen when teams adjust but he faced the A's for the second time today and did even better

The A's are basically a NPB-level team, but yeah, great stuff

Wolfman21

get rid of replay. Ender Inciarte just stole home to go up 3-2 in the 10th but the ump called him out. His entire hand is on the plate before he gets tagged in the face. It went to replay and they still called him out. This is the 2nd time already this season where the Braves have challenged a call that is 100% obvious that the player should be safe but the review has stuck with the call on the field of out. I'm sure the same has happened to other teams since i generally only watch braves games, but replay is broken and needs to be done away with if they can't get obvious calls right.

Bdub

The pitcher threw his mitt at Arenado as he ran away. If you don't want to fight, don't throw at batters.

NML

Just because it’s a crazy stat that will probably end today:

David Price hasn’t allowed a run since July

Wolfman21

Real quiet when you lose bud

Lul, ill say fuck the gnatspos any day i want no matter how fuckin triggered you might get.

Fuck those unwanted fucks. 1 pm game in DC for a team thats supposed to be the best year in and year out right now and there were about 20 people there. No wonder harper wants to get outta that shithole. I dont blame him