• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
You guys see this shit? Some Kansas HS fuckwad. If this would've happened to one of my teammates benches would've cleared. Possibly the most dangerous intentional play I've ever seen.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Syracuse in is the biggest joke for sure. Fuck Boeheim.

Louisville was borderline to me and they're more qualified than the Cuse

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You know for sure they're gonna beat Az State and TCU too, setting up a MSU vs. Cuse matchup. :vomit:

Duke and OU in the Midwest bracket too? Cue the meteor

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Drawing Kansas in Wichita...woof. State is is in the gauntlet bracket.

Just beat Seton Hall and don't let Devonte Graham corn hole you completely plz

Wolfman21

agreed. I had written off syracuse a while ago. I'm stunned

Syracuse's 3 best wins are Louisville, @miami and Clemson....finish 20-13 (8-10) and they're in.......wow

Brick

St. Mary's beat Gonzaga in Spokane and had 5 losses. Fuck the committee. Fuck Boeheim into space. The margin for error for teams like St. Mary's to qualify for a 68 team playoff is incredibly small for no reason whatsoever. There are teams in major conferences who HAVE 5 BIG WINS. Well no shit they play 15-20 games against good teams. Of course they fucking do.
1613a485b3c439358f3b8648da04af89.jpg

Wolfman21

St. Mary's beat Gonzaga in Spokane and had 5 losses. Fuck the committee. Fuck Boeheim into space. The margin for error for teams like St. Mary's to qualify for a 68 team playoff is incredibly small for no reason whatsoever. There are teams in major conferences who HAVE 5 BIG WINS. Well no shit they play 15-20 games against good teams. Of course they fucking do.

Sounds like st. Marys should start scheduling some tougher games

MSUFanatic

And St. Mary's has 1? Sure those conferences have more opportunities, but if you are going to rag against conferences that don't have those shots is it now the fault of the teams that have multiple shots to win big games because they play in good conferences? Those super impressive wins against Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, Santa Clara, and Portland don't do much. They lost their two decent shots at OOC victories against an average UGA squad and a bad WSU and then throw in a loss against San Francisco, yea that's not exactly eye opening.

The conference sucks, I'll give you that, but you can't afford to drop those two out of conference opponents when you are going to be playing RPI 200+ teams all year. If anything you proved your point, this year big wins mattered more than shitty losses. Better off dropping 5 games to shit teams while beating actual opponents that matter.

Oh and at the end of the day the NCAA wants money more than anything. Being able to show Trae Young as he cucks up 40 shots against a potential second round matchup vs. Duke - or Cuse v. MSU is going to drive more ratings than St. Mary's.

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around USC vs. Arizona State. If the Pac-12 is so goddamn shitty that 13-5 means nothing, shouldn't an 8-10 record in a shitty power conference kill any chances of you getting in, despite whatever hawt OOC wins you might have? Granted, I haven't watched either team at all this year. I don't have the EYE TEST to fall back on. But that makes zero sense to me. None whatsoever.

I feel bad for teams like St. Mary's, I'm sure they have a hard time scheduling meaningful OOC games. They're kind of in purgatory if they're going to be penalized for it.

Brick

And St. Mary's has 1? Sure those conferences have more opportunities, but if you are going to rag against conferences that don't have those shots is it now the fault of the teams that have multiple shots to win big games because they play in good conferences? Those super impressive wins against Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, Santa Clara, and Portland don't do much. They lost their two decent shots at OOC victories against an average UGA squad and a bad WSU and then throw in a loss against San Francisco, yea that's not exactly eye opening.

The conference sucks, I'll give you that, but you can't afford to drop those two out of conference opponents when you are going to be playing RPI 200+ teams all year. If anything you proved your point, this year big wins mattered more than shitty losses. Better off dropping 5 games to shit teams while beating actual opponents that matter.

Oh and at the end of the day the NCAA wants money more than anything. Being able to show Trae Young as he cucks up 40 shots against a potential second round matchup vs. Duke - or Cuse v. MSU is going to drive more ratings than St. Mary's.
It is a 68 team field, not a 25 team field. Beating Gonzaga on the road and winning 28 games should be enough. Alabama lost to UCF at home, 15-17 Minnesota, and another bubble team, Texas, blew them out by 16 at home OOC. They also lost 15 fucking games. They lost 5 in a row two weeks ago and 6 of 8 overall, and 3 of those were by 19 points or more. They got a fucking BYE.

I don't give a shit about the resume distinctions of all of these 10-8 bubble teams, but St. Mary's is a team that should be in without even a discussion.

There are 4 teams out of 346 that have a better W/L record than St. Mary's, and they are seeded 1,1,1,2,3, and 4. St. Mary's schedule is rated 172 on KenPom which is the middle of the pack. Gonzaga's isn't even much higher at 127 and they got a 4 seed with one fewer loss than St. Mary's.

Last edited:

MSUFanatic

It is a 68 team field, not a 25 team field. Beating Gonzaga on the road and winning 28 games should be enough. Alabama lost to UCF at home, 15-17 Minnesota, and another bubble team, Texas, blew them out by 16 at home OOC. They also lost 15 fucking games. They lost 5 in a row two weeks ago and 6 of 8 overall, and 3 of those were by 19 points or more. They got a fucking BYE.

I don't give a shit about the resume distinctions of all of these 10-8 bubble teams, but St. Mary's is a team that should be in without even a discussion.

Still super confused how beating Gonzaga somehow absolves St. Mary's of losing to UGA, WSU, San Francisco?

Then you can make the argument that Bama's wins against Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Auburn absolve Bama's? It's amusing on how factual you believe St. Mary's should be in when they have one fucking win against a tournament team. I guess bemoan the fact that the NCAA hates mid majors and they would rather have higher tier conferences in for the $$$, but you shifted the goal posts by talking about another team instead of acknowledging that St. Mary's lost their only two games OOC against teams with a pulse.

Brick

Still super confused how beating Gonzaga somehow absolves St. Mary's of losing to UGA, WSU, San Francisco?

Then you can make the argument that Bama's wins against Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Auburn absolve Bama's?
I didn't make either of those arguments. Are you arguing that St. Mary's needed to go 31-2 to make a 68 team field?

MSUFanatic

I didn't make either of those arguments.

Beating Gonzaga on the road and winning 28 games should be enough.

Sure seems like you are trying to make the point that it should absolve them of their losses because of that win only. FYI no team below St. Mary's SOS got in without an automatic bid so yea their schedule sucked ass.

MSUFanatic

I didn't make either of those arguments. Are you arguing that St. Mary's needed to go 31-2 to make a 68 team field?

Of course they fucking did. There's 351 teams in D1 basketball. If you are a mid major you have to be above and beyond impressive, fair or not.

Either that or drop 5 shit games like I said at the beginning and win against "competent" teams like Wazzu, UGA, and beat Gonzaga twice. The committee made it blatantly obvious they were valuing wins over losing.

MSUFanatic

(whispers): MSU has one more win than St. Mary's against tournament teams...

Yes they did. Hence why they are a 3 seed and the lowest seed of a major conference champion. They also didn't lose to any non-tourney teams. Something St. Mary's had no problem doing.

Brick

Sure seems like you are trying to make the point that it should absolve them of their losses because of that win only.
Virtually everyone has bad losses to non-tourney teams. North Carolina lost to Wofford at home. Duke lost to Boston College, Michigan lost to Northwestern. My point is all of these bubble teams get 10-20 chances each year for good wins because of the conferences they play in. Their margin for error is enormous. Teams with losing records in conference are making the tournament. Meanwhile a team like St. Mary's is expected to be perfect in a 33 game season to get into a 68 team tournament. That is an unreasonable, dumb standard. Especially when Alabama is literally getting blown out every other game at the end of the season. I guess Georgia is a terrible loss for some reason. Anyway St. Mary's lost in OT to them, and Alabama got drilled by UGA by 19 points.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
In a shocking turn of events a 13 loss Syracuse team is in over a 5 loss Saint Mary's

Syracuse is in?!?!?!? what the hell...lol

Wait, didn't this just happen LAST YEAR with Syracuse? And annoyingly they made the Sweet 16 or something.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yes they did. Hence why they are a 3 seed and the lowest seed of a major conference champion. They also didn't lose to any non-tourney teams. Something St. Mary's had no problem doing.

:laughing: I'm just trolling about MSU.

I get @Brick's point though. St. Mary's would be in the tournament if they played in a major conference. According to KenPom, their non conference SOS was 285, ahead of at large bids by Virginia Tech (344), Florida State (331), Creighton (291), close to Miami's (283), NC State (343), Kansas State (321). St. Mary's is not in the tournament solely because they play in a mid-major conference.

Brick

Anyway I get why this happened. Look at all the at-large teams with 13+ losses. It isn't a coincidence that they are all relevant in sports pop culture and will make RECRUITS CLICK.

20-13 Butler because Butler past success
18-13 Oklahoma because of Trae Young
20-13 Syracuse because of Boeheim
19-14 Texas because of Texas
19-15 Alabama because of Sexton

It just seems silly and sad to rob a team of a bid that had a great season because of that. The only team that got in on merit and not CLICKS that lost 13+ was Providence because they had 3 wins against #1 seeds.

Brick

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around USC vs. Arizona State. If the Pac-12 is so goddamn shitty that 13-5 means nothing, shouldn't an 8-10 record in a shitty power conference kill any chances of you getting in, despite whatever hawt OOC wins you might have? Granted, I haven't watched either team at all this year. I don't have the EYE TEST to fall back on. But that makes zero sense to me. None whatsoever.
Teams with losing records in conference should be disqualified, period. Is it really that much to ask for teams to have a winning record to qualify for the tournament? Also, Nebraska went 13-5 in B1G and didn't make it. Any chance in hell Michigan State, Duke, UCLA gets left out with that record? Helllll no.

nowitsourtime

I feel bad for teams like St. Mary's, I'm sure they have a hard time scheduling meaningful OOC games. They're kind of in purgatory if they're going to be penalized for it.

ASU fucking sucks so them making a tournament is a big shock. The assumption here is that they were out after losing in the first round to Colorado.