• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Brick

I am convinced the footbaw Gods gave me Taggart and Arroyo for a reason. Everywhere I'm looking: "Taggart will be able to pick whatever job he wants in 3-4 years after his success at Oregon with the CROOTS. Should wait it out."

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
lC1vzH3.gif

bruin

HERm came up as a candidate when Neuheisel got fired. Always wanted to see him in the college game. Whoever gets that job is going to be a yes man to the AD anyway.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Doeren would be a good hire, actually. Wake is one of the hardest P5 jobs by far and he’s done pretty well there.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oh, wait. I thought they were talking about the Wake dude for some reason.

Doeren is mediocre as shit, so disregard

CJ_24

Why not Les Miles?

I thought Tennessee was a sleeping giant, loaded with booster money. If so, why can't they poach someone? Chris Peterson or someone like that?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Gundy has prolly hit his ceiling at Oklahoma State, but he's still the best they can do. Tennessee is going to be shit for years to come after this fiasco.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

That sound you hear is every Big Ten east team (and Pitt) celebrating. Franklin's next OC hire will decide how good his tenure at Penn State is. Penn State's offense was an abomination before he hired Moorhead, and it turned into a really good offense when he arrived. This is despite having what is still a mediocre OL.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
That sound you hear is every Big Ten east team (and Pitt) celebrating. Franklin's next OC hire will decide how good his tenure at Penn State is. Penn State's offense was an abomination before he hired Moorhead, and it turned into a really good offense when he arrived. This is despite having what is still a mediocre OL.

Yep, this next hire will be critical. He did a fantastic job replacing Bob Shoop (LOL) by staying in-house with Pry. I wonder if he'll do the same with Rahne.

But, as a side note, I've already decided how good his tenure at PSU is, despite what the next OC does. A B1G Shampship, back to back 10 win seasons, and 4 points away from a playoff berth...I'm ecstatic. Combine those results with what recruiting looks like, and it is a rousing success...no matter what this new OC looks like.*

I'm super happy for Moorhead. It was only a matter of time before he took an HC gig, and I think he got a good one. MSU is returning 17 starters, and he may be able to make some noise his first year.

-YTC

*-Unless it looks like the John Donovan "offenses." Then its' FIUR FRAUDLIN!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You get a good corch and you get a good corch and you get a good corch.

Tennessee, not you, Tennessee.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
But seriously, I read they're interview Jeff Brohm, which would be a good hire. He's like the version of Mike Leach without the baggage but with more asshole!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yep, this next hire will be critical. He did a fantastic job replacing Bob Shoop (LOL) by staying in-house with Pry. I wonder if he'll do the same with Rahne.

But, as a side note, I've already decided how good his tenure at PSU is, despite what the next OC does. A B1G Shampship, back to back 10 win seasons, and 4 points away from a playoff berth...I'm ecstatic. Combine those results with what recruiting looks like, and it is a rousing success...no matter what this new OC looks like.*

I'm super happy for Moorhead. It was only a matter of time before he took an HC gig, and I think he got a good one. MSU is returning 17 starters, and he may be able to make some noise his first year.

-YTC

Fair enough. I should have said the success of his tenure going forward.

Brick

-YTC

I hear a certain CorcH CROOTIN SHOES is looking to shed the co-OC label at Oregon.

Brick

I guess this would sort of be like Lane Kiffin going to USC after one year at Tennessee if Taggart goes to Florida State. Coach who has proven nothing but CROOTS and has a coaching tree connection gets a job he doesn't deserve. I actually hope he leaves. Tedford though? No thanks.