• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

124th Annual Winter Meetings in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!!

Realignment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_3470.html was decent.

These contracts are just dumb though. Fucking OMNIPRESENT. Can people just not help themselves?

I can't believe I traded for that idiot, not realing he was an old guy international. Now I've got two of these under performing worthless BUMS. 3.41 ERA in my park might as well be a MILLION ERA! Then obviously he suffered a ratings drop as well, lol, so next year he's gonna be a 4+ ERA replacement level player because I'm a fucking moron!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just make it a rule like i suggested.

When you let Wooly push the boundaries of the rules without punishment for so long, you set that standard. Ur a parent, man

Fuck you?

Stop using Wooly as an excuse as well. He's gone now and you control ur own actions. I have no clue why you people continue to push this shit beyond the obvious "asshole" level and try to force the league to adopt a rule? Rules are dumb, stop trying to make us have them. Ughh. We shouldn't need rules because you people should self police to not do dumb shit. But you can't help urselves.

NML

Is front loading contracts “asshole”?

Either it is or it isn’t. i think it’s unrealistic because i never see it, but then im hit with “just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not realistic.”

For me anyways, Liu is basically on a $6m deal with a $9m signing bonus. If that’s asshole-ish then make that the standard

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is front loading contracts “asshole”?

Either it is or it isn’t. i think it’s unrealistic because i never see it, but then im hit with “just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not realistic.”

For me anyways, Liu is basically on a $6m deal with a $9m signing bonus. If that’s asshole-ish then make that the standard
If you think its unrealistic why are you signing the deal? Front loading and de-escalating are two different things.

NML

If you think its unrealistic why are you signing the deal? Front loading and de-escalating are two different things.

It’s not unrealistic in other sports. There are massive signing bonuses in the NFL, especially when teams have lots of space at the time of signing.

NML

I'm not the one invoking the UR A PARENT trope. You essentially called urself a pants shitter, I'm just laughing at it.

Well to me to me there’s a big difference between $15m to $6m, $6m versus $40m to $15m to $10m. My point was that people will push it as far as they can because that’s the standard that was set.

No one has to be a dick about it, just say stop front loading contracts and people will

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It’s not unrealistic in other sports. There are massive signing bonuses in the NFL, especially when teams have lots of space at the time of signing.
But you argued so hard against even de-escalating deals with small increases and then you sign this deal. It's just frustrating. I was basically told we only need rules for wooly, but in reality everyone can't help themselves even when they are against it. Even I'm not immune as I signed Kihlstrom to a double TO on his 7 year deal.

NML

But you argued so hard against even de-escalating deals with small increases and then you sign this deal. It's just frustrating. I was basically told we only need rules for wooly, but in reality everyone can't help themselves even when they are against it. Even I'm not immune as I signed Kihlstrom to a double TO on his 7 year deal.

Because i think the model should be the MLB. But no one else feels this way. Cool, it’s not a hill I’m going to die on.

If it’s an issue, make it a rule. Or just say “stop signing people to front loaded deals.”

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
but I think front loading is fine. Front loading such that the "signing bonus" is larger than the actual contract is a bit much.... I don't see why you'd think JD's is too much and yours is fine, proportionally they are identical (16/6 = 40/15)

I was only being a dick about you telling Orlando to treat us like children because we can't behave, that's absurd :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well to me to me there’s a big difference between $15m to $6m, $6m versus $40m to $15m to $10m. My point was that people will push it as far as they can because that’s the standard that was set.

No one has to be a dick about it, just say stop front loading contracts and people will
Why? You'll made the argument we could police ourselves except for one owner.

I don't see much of a difference. You are dropping $10m off the deal. You are dropping more off than he will even be paid the following deal. $16m to $6m is just too much of a swing IMO. We don't have signing bonuses other than minor league deals.

NML

but I think front loading is fine. Front loading such that the "signing bonus" is larger than the actual contract is a bit much.... I don't see why you'd think JD's is too much and yours is fine, proportionally they are identical (16/6 = 40/15)

I was being a dick about you telling Orlando to treat us like children because we can't behave, that's absurd :laughing:

That’s not just a parenting technique, that’s a technique whenever you manage people. i know Orlando has a kid so i knew he could relate from that perspective.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I should hope that we (you) are capable of being better than Wooly is my point. Instead, you just point to your own shitty diaper and say SEE, YOU SET THIS PRECEDENT WITH WOOLY, IT UR FAULT I ShIT MY DIAPER, I NEED A FIRM HAND! KEEP ME IN LINE!

That's dumb.

NML

It’s like if you had to work to 4:00 every day, and then one day ur boss was like “I’m getting rid of the company handbook because we are adults and don’t need it.”

Then when you walked out the door at 4:00 he got pissed you weren’t staying until 5:00

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just make it a rule like i suggested.

When you let Wooly push the boundaries of the rules without punishment for so long, you set that standard. Ur a parent, man

"Just make it a rule, or else I'll shit my pants too! See it's ur fault for not telling me not to shit my pants! Also, Wooly shit his pants, so I CAN TOO! BE MY DA-DA, ORLANDO!"

I mean granted that was my own interpretation of ur post.

NML

The only person I’ve ever seen complain about front loaded contracts is me, so how is it not like that?

NML

"Just make it a rule, or else I'll shit my pants too! See it's ur fault for not telling me not to shit my pants! Also, Wooly shit his pants, so I CAN TOO! BE MY DA-DA, ORLANDO!"

I mean granted that was my own interpretation of ur post.

And it was wrong and cuntish

Don’t you manage people on site? Do you tell them what time to show up or do you expect them to just figure it out on their own?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I expect the people I manage to not be intentionally dense, and I'm constantly rewarded for not micromanaging them! They often find innovative approaches and solutions on their own! It's almost like I can treat adults like adults rather than like children!

NML

You really don't see it?​

No

I expect the people I manage to not be intentionally dense, and I'm constantly rewarded for not micromanaging them! They often find innovative approaches and solutions on their own! It's almost like I can treat adults like adults rather than like children!

How am i being intentionally dense?

Im 100% sure Wooly would consider his “loading up minors with older players to improve record and morale” innovative.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It's like if the company didn't have a handbook at all, and there was one real asshole employee that almost ruined everything for everyone. This asshole started leaving work at 4:00 everyday, and even though we never had a handbook that prohibited this, it was line stepping the expectations of behavior... Then the asshole got caught embezzling money via submarine and he was fired. We all breathed a sigh of relief because the company was strongly considering having a handbook because of his terrible behavior, but now we should get back to our normal culture of not needing a handbook!

Then another employee, who regularly complained about the asshole employee walking out the door at 4:00 starts to walk out the door at 4:00 hisself and says IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO LEAVE AT 4:00 YOU SHOULD PUT IT IN DA HANDBOOK. U A PARENT, U SHOULD KNOW WE NEED DA HANDBOOK!

I think that's a better analogy, and I don't really want a handbook.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It’s more like if we didn’t have a handbook at all and everyone ragged on the guy who worked from home everyday when everyone else was in the office 5 days a week. Then that guy gets fired and the people who complained about him working from home start working from home 3 days a week.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Orlando wins all the points for being more succinct. Probably parenting taught him to be more concise.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'd love to see one MLB contract is a double team option signed by someone as a FA. They don't exist. They do exist with pre-arb mlb deals.

NML

Those analogies only make sense if ur comparing the contract Liu got to Wooly’s stuff.

To my knowledge, there’s never been a contract that alternated between $15m and $6m every other year. There’s no example of a minor league team loaded with 30 year olds.

The Liu contract is almost exactly like the NFL rookie scale. For example, #1 overall pick gets a 4 year, $30m deal with a $20m signing bonus.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
NML comparing payscales to a league that was discontinued in lieu of Player-controlled robots after the CTE Ban of 2024!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Those analogies only make sense if ur comparing the contract Liu got to Wooly’s stuff.

To my knowledge, there’s never been a contract that alternated between $15m and $6m every other year. There’s no example of a minor league team loaded with 30 year olds.

The Liu contract is almost exactly like the NFL rookie scale. For example, #1 overall pick gets a 4 year, $30m deal with a $20m signing bonus.
I am comparing Liu to Wooly's stuff. Definitely.

Is Liu and NFL rookie?

NML

So we are following MLB as a guideline?

Then descalating contracts shouldn’t be allowed either. Nor pre-arb deals more than five years. And we should get rid of the seven year max.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So we are following MLB as a guideline?

Then descalating contracts shouldn’t be allowed either. Nor pre-arb deals more than five years. And we should get rid of the seven year max.

Intentionally dense!

(sprays with water bottle)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Comparing the Liu deal (a MLB FA... the best contract situation to be in sports) to an NFL Rookie (the worst contract situation in sports).

Got it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We loosely follow MLB because the game uses MLB rules, but our guideline is don't be a dick/ass/what-have-you. The punishment has always been ridicule. Ridicule can come from one person who thinks you are being a dick or many. I can believe these deals are stupid and while you may even agree with me you can sign them. You then open yourself up to ridicule though. The deal has almost always been that people stop dickish behavior if they are called out on it. We've encountered one, maybe two, owners who just ignore it or revel in it.