• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Speaking of doh...
Yeah... BUT ITZ WAY BETTER IN OOTP 2018

Game doesn't understand how to do extensions for people before they hit arb. You can totally game the system. Old news.
Make it a year service minimum and no rules after that. As long s you want. Doesn't have to be arb minimum. The game still isn't calibrated right for young young extensions.

That first one reads like a trump tweet. OLD NEWS!

Wooly

From what I can tell, the only real malicious thing about Wooly's deal is the alternating values. But Travis might be on to something with Max Arb to determine these contracts. I like that as a better judge of a players long term prognostication. Doing the full value wouldn't make sense though, since it would make sense that a player would take less money per year to offset risk compared to the potential of making that max value.

Something like:

Any Pre-Arb extension that buys out past the 7th year of service time must have an AAV worth 70% or greater of the Max Arbitration Value

could work. I think it tackles two things and covers a third

• Protects against what the original Doh rule was made to prevent (6+ year deals being based off of year 1 of arbitration)
  • Allows for long term contracts to be signed by Pre-Arb players of any year length that are still fair.
  • Allows Post-Arb deals (3+ years ST) to remain unaffected as these are a LOT more stable (Monfre Braves, Trevor Mintey I believe were both these)
Numbers could be tweaked, but this seems like an okay compromise between the hard restrictions of the Doh rule and the sometimes wacky deals that can come out of basing a player's 10 year value off their third season.

We can only guess what Bucky's max arb estimate was, but given Requero's was 9.6, I doubt Bucky had one higher than 11M. 70% of that will put him around 8.5M, which is at least higher than 7M.

No contracts until after 1 service year.

Pre-Arb: 5 year max if based off 1st Arb value. Anything over 5 years has to be max Arb value.

Post Arb: whatever

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You guys are ridiculous. He has 3+ years of service and low greed. Wooly's contract looks legal and what, a couple months earlier than he could have done it under the old rules?

People chimed in in the rule change thread the first time around, even @doh supported changing it to one year of service.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
You guys are ridiculous. He has 3+ years of service and low greed. Wooly's contract looks legal and what, a couple months earlier than he could have done it under the old rules?

People chimed in in the rule change thread the first time around, even @doh supported changing it to one year of service.

You really want this league to fold don't you?

@Orlando are you serious about a non-O commissioner?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The main rule this violates is the don't be a dick rule. Wooly seems to flirt with breaking that rule every single season and it gets old.

There's no way a player in real life would accept this kind of deal, gjge Indy Devs.

Wooly

The main rule this violates is the don't be a dick rule. Wooly seems to flirt with breaking that rule every single season and it gets old.

There's no way a player in real life would accept this kind of deal, gjge Indy Devs.
Bullshit. This guy was willing to sign cheap for long term, and I signed him. Anyone else would have done the same.

I don't do anything wrong, I just play.

NML

It's the "I didn't do anything wrong" attitude that gets me every time

Charlie-Murphy.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Charlie-Murphy.gif

I will gladly drink a gallon of toxic waste if Wooly would take over Little Rock and turn them into a playoff contender in five seasons.

Wooly

I didn't do anything wrong. Am I supposed to offer him more money than he asks for? I didnt make an illegal contract, and I matched his request. Tell me what I should have offered Bucky, in order to not be a dick? Give me an AAV value that makes this all right.

Maybe we should handicap all my contracts by 10% and give it to the rest of the SL. We will call it my "dick reparations".

Wooly

I will gladly drink a gallon of toxic waste if Wooly would take over Little Rock and turn them into a playoff contender in five seasons.
What if I take over Miami and make them "great again". Serious question. I already proposed it once.

NML

Do you not agree that you tip toe'd the line of a legal contract?

- it's a 10 year contract before he's gone through arbitration
- his arb estimate was $6.5m in three years, and half the years of the deal he's going to make less than that
- you fluctuate by $3m every year of the deal

You've classified urself as the heel, man. You are the villain, stop trying to deny it. When people call you on this shit just say "yep I thought it was sketchy, but it's within the rules."

When people called me on our trade, I basically immediately revoked it. I knew it was a shitty deal but I figured people wouldn't care that you were going all in. They did so I backed off - and this is after YOU told ME that we couldn't do the deal.

TonyGin&Juice

I didn't do anything wrong. Am I supposed to offer him more money than he asks for? I didnt make an illegal contract, and I matched his request. Tell me what I should have offered Bucky, in order to not be a dick? Give me an AAV value that makes this all right.

Maybe we should handicap all my contracts by 10% and give it to the rest of the SL. We will call it my "dick reparations".

My main beef with that contract is that you're paying him less in future years so you can spend in IFA. The MLBPA wouldn't allow a contract like that and no player would take less in future years in MLB. Clearly OOTP isn't able to account for this so you get contracts like this that are just nonsensical. If you had made it 10 years at the AAV of $8M no one would have noticed or cared.

Wooly

Yes, I am sure he came and asked you for a 10 year extension that will grossly underpay him.
His first offer was 10yrs 7M AAV.

Come on, give me a dollar amount that would have been acceptable. What AAV should I have offered so that I would have been a morally upstanding Utopian instead of a dick? Please post a chart of values so that I know when a legal contract is heading into dick territory. It's hard to keep track with all the unwritten rules.

NML

I mean it's so fucking obvious you knew the deal was terrible, you took screenshots! :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

What if I take over Miami and make them "great again". Serious question. I already proposed it once.

No you didn't. Why would I allow you, of all people, to take over a team I'm finally "building the right way"? You were fortunate to take over a team that had a good farm system and WBL roster and have a rotation that's the envy of many. No way would you that if you started with what @kingssc or @MSUFanatic started with when they joined.

Here's the difference between me and you when it comes to OOTP. I gave LRM a shit ton of draft picks to help him rebuild his team for a left handed starter (Darryl Nelson) I desperately needed. Nelson turned out not to be the savior I thought he would be but I'm alright with that trade since it looks like LRM turned those picks into good prospects and I had an ok rotation for a while with Nelson. Would you have done that?

NML

Well he would have but then he would've told MSU they couldn't do the deal because people laughed at him

Wooly

I mean it's so fucking obvious you knew the deal was terrible, you took screenshots! :laughing:
Nope, I pulled the game up on my laptop, which i had not simmed from in a few days, and took screenshots there. Before I remembered to look there I asked OU to look on his comp.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
His first offer was 10yrs 7M AAV.

Come on, give me a dollar amount that would have been acceptable. What AAV should I have offered so that I would have been a morally upstanding Utopian instead of a dick? Please post a chart of values so that I know when a legal contract is heading into dick territory. It's hard to keep track with all the unwritten rules.

Oh GTFO, you knew you were pushing it as far as you could with that deal. And no, I don't believe you that he proposed a 10 year deal.

Wooly

No you didn't. Why would I allow you, of all people, to take over a team I'm finally "building the right way"? You were fortunate to take over a team that had a good farm system and WBL roster and have a rotation that's the envy of many. No way would you that if you started with what @kingssc or @MSUFanatic started with when they joined.

Here's the difference between me and you when it comes to OOTP. I gave LRM a shit ton of draft picks to help him rebuild his team for a left handed starter (Darryl Nelson) I desperately needed. Nelson turned out not to be the savior I thought he would be but I'm alright with that trade since it looks like LRM turned those picks into good prospects and I had an ok rotation for a while with Nelson. Would you have done that?
Yeah, I didn't propose it to you.

TonyGin&Juice

Oh GTFO, you knew you were pushing it as far as you could with that deal. And no, I don't believe you that he proposed a 10 year deal.

To be fair to @Wooly I had numerous guys ask for 10 year extensions initially but it was before the pre-post-circa-ARB change so I just gave them five years. Guys with low greed often do that.

NML

Do you not agree that you tip toe'd the line of a legal contract?

- it's a 10 year contract before he's gone through arbitration
- his arb estimate was $6.5m in three years, and half the years of the deal he's going to make less than that
- you fluctuate by $3m every year of the deal

You've classified urself as the heel, man. You are the villain, stop trying to deny it. When people call you on this shit just say "yep I thought it was sketchy, but it's within the rules."

When people called me on our trade, I basically immediately revoked it. I knew it was a shitty deal but I figured people wouldn't care that you were going all in. They did so I backed off - and this is after YOU told ME that we couldn't do the deal.

@Wooly

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've had plenty of guys ask for 8-10 year deals. I don't like signing them.

Wolfman21

I wish I had been able to sign Tony Silva to these contracts....I'd still have 3 years of ~7 or 8 mil instead of paying 15 the last few years and paying 18 the next few

its ok though, Linares and Ortiz will never see Free Agency

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Jochen Mertens

He proposed a single year at $3.8m; his arb estimates are $3.1m, $4.6m, $6.3m

:dunno:
Don't know when it changed but it used to be arb estimates were just 3.1,3.1,3.1 now they're started to escalate which makes sense.

The game can't handle pre-arb extensions. I just say no rules once you do your first arb. If not, bart Scott for when Wooly signs Petty to a 10-year, $50m deal.

Wolfman21

Don't know when it changed but it used to be arb estimates were just 3.1,3.1,3.1 now they're started to escalate which makes sense.

The game can't handle pre-arb extensions. I just say no rules once you do your first arb. If not, bart Scott for when Wooly signs Petty to a 10-year, $50m deal.

Thatd be too easy...lol

Im definitely signing all my studs before they get close to arb. Id rather pay them 7 mil per over 10 years than 18 mil per over 5.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Thatd be too easy...lol

Im definitely signing all my studs before they get close to arb. Id rather pay them 7 mil per over 10 years than 18 mil per over 5.
If this is the case, then we made a mistake, but I tested quite a few players and found cheap ten year deals difficult to do. If you are finding that most your players accept these deals. Let us know before you submit. That wasn't the intention of dropping the rule.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah I couldn't find the ftp server info since I built my new PC so I moved it so a different O could do it.