• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Honestly, Oregon should just go get Scott Frost. UCF went from 0-12 to 6-6, and I'm guessing they'll take off next year. I'm not sure UCF had a quarterback that could complete a pass at the beginning of the year, and they got to 6-6.

Besides that, you're looking at PJ Fleck and then who?

R2D2

Oregon should take a page out of Washington's book and go after Boise State's Bryan Harsin.

DanishDonut0

Frost is the dream. I didn't think they would be able to actually pry him away thinking about the possibility during the middle of the season, but why not? If it's not Frost, Oregon's offensive identity will be dead which is sad. Although it was so slow this year and looked like shit anyways.

Ahh the glory days.

Renegade

Charge on!
The only way I see Frost leaving is if Phil Knight drops $4-5m/yr on it. But if he leaves, alright, we'll either promote someone from the staff or hire another top coaching prospect. We had no shortage of applicants last year, and that was coming off 0-12, not a 6-6 turnaround where the team was in position to win 9 or 10 games but for 4th quarter collapses.

Seems to me that Oregon's problems are defensive and recruiting. There's plenty of coaches out there that can maintain the offensive system or something similar to it and bring in defensive guys to get stuff done. They really could bring in a defensive coach if he's willing to stick to a spread offense and work on improving that. Hell, you could keep most of the Oregon offensive assistants and more or less keep that system in place while fixing recruiting and the defense.

Personally, I'd like to see our OC Troy Walters get hired away (wonder if he regrets leaving Colorado right now) and hire Helfrich to run the offense. Frost called the plays this year, and I think he'd be better off hiring someone to do that. Walters also coaches the WRs, who underperformed badly this year, and I'd like to let our TE coach Sean Beckton go back to coaching the WRs like he always has (Brandon Marshall, Mike Walker, Breshad Perriman, etc.)

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
I'm just going to put my prediction here that Frost doesn't leave UCF except for a legit Top 15 job, most likely in a major city (thinking USC, Texas, Ohio St., and the like). USC is the job that really worries me in a few years. But I'm also hoping that the Oregon offense will come to be seen as a system that power programs don't want to use.

sayo

YEET
I was tuning into one of the local sports shows this afternoon and I'm surprised to hear how many Ducks fans want Kiffin. :laughing:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Its been 3 years since Kiff got fired at USC, so the time since and his "success" at Bama means the collective memory of how bad that shit at USC ended is starting to fade.

Bart Scott for it to come back to how bad he is at HC.

coogrfan

giphy.gif

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Cannot claim it as an original thought, just saw it on Bruce Feldman's twitter account.

Houston should pursue Les Miles. Great recruiter (he is familiar with that region), they already have good talent and at his age he is not likely to up and jump to another school. Hire Les to be the figure head HC/quirky Grandpa type with the implicit understanding YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THE OFFENSE.

Bruce FeldmanVerified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 13m13 minutes ago
Les Miles would make some sense for #Houston. Has recruited very well in TX. Keeps UH nationally relevant. Doubtful to jump after 2-3 yrs.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Interesting that Indiana held off on this until after the season...

If it's not too terrible, if I'm Purdue, I'm hiring Wilson right away.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Agreed with DeadMan if this isn't some heinous off the field shit. Would be a dumber firing than ECU and McNeil last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.