• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
simmons has a lot of hard work work to do if he wants to be a decent scorer in the nba imo. he is gonna have a lot of very ugly games.

True, but unlike someone like a Dion Waiters, when Simmons goes 4-14 he is still going to make an impact on the game with double digit (or close to) rebounds and assists. Also since he is so good at getting to the rim he will probably get to the line 10 times a game so he still might "get his points."

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

metronome-animated-gif-14.gif

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Do you think this because LSU didnt win the SEC or the tourney
Idk. Dude had some good games against inferior teams

I watched both Kentucky games and iirc he was in foul trouble early in both of them.

The OU game was all about buddy according to highlights

I mean, again, his passing is marvelous and I think his game is better suited for wing play vs post play. I'm not trying to write him off by any means but I wouldn't be surprised either of he struggles initially

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Idk. Dude had some good games against inferior teams

I watched both Kentucky games and iirc he was in foul trouble early in both of them.

The OU game was all about buddy according to highlights

I mean, again, his passing is marvelous and I think his game is better suited for wing play vs post play. I'm not trying to write him off by any means but I wouldn't be surprised either of he struggles initially

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
retort.gif

Any good player gets into foul trouble against Kentucky because The Godfather Jr. has all the officials in his backpocket.

Tall Rondo/Skinny LeBron is a massive upgrade over the dumpster fire of the PG situation in Philly. Beating up on shitty teams is start. You have to beat up on shitty to become average than beat up on average to become good/great.

evil1

*sigh*

I guess I may have to be that guy. I think Buddy will be a solid NBA player, but I don't think he is going to be a beast or an All-Star. You just don't see than many 6'3 shooting guards tearing it up. He doesn't have the freakish ability of Steph Curry, the play making ability of Kyrie Irving, or the monster athleticism of Westbrook. I think he is going to be closer to a JJ Redick tier player.

Reel

Community Liaison
*sigh*

I guess I may have to be that guy. I think Buddy will be a solid NBA player, but I don't think he is going to be a beast or an All-Star. You just don't see than many 6'3 shooting guards tearing it up. He doesn't have the freakish ability of Steph Curry, the play making ability of Kyrie Irving, or the monster athleticism of Westbrook. I think he is going to be closer to a JJ Redick tier player.
JJ still collecting checks

Not a bad comparison at all

Soonerfan09

Buddy had a pretty awful first half, but dropped in 17 in the 3rd quarter. Has to work on his handles and decision making. Still gonna be the GOAT because of his work ethic.

Brick

yeah hield has been a turnover machine whenever I've seen him. less he handles the ball, the better.

Soonerfan09

Also forgot that he looks completely lost on defense about half the time he's on the court.

I disagree that Hield will be like Redick. He's just too good of a scorer and can get to the basket and finish when his shot isn't falling. Definitely has a lot to work on, but the dude lives at the gym. Very underrated rebounder and his handles have actually already improved since he was at Oklahoma.

Reel

Community Liaison
Lost in this is that he won't be relied upon to do heavy ball handling. Jrue, Galloway, Moore and Reke (assuming he stays when all articles suggest he is as good as gone) will do the heavy dribbling.

Plus, he plays with Anthony freaking Davis who is going to always help with spacing.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
*sigh*

Of course, none of the three players you mention are shooting guards but whatever.

Anyway the true ceiling for buddy is Michael redd.

Reel

Community Liaison
Let the young man be great guys

Also, if anyone is still collecting checks, props

NML

Well it sounds like ur watching them and then making predictions on how good a player will be - which is definitely not "for what they are."

Next you'll go watch their high school practice reel and tell us how many all star games we can expect.

sayo

YEET
I haven't watched any this season but I'd much rather watch summer league ball than any other sport going during this time of year.

Reel

Community Liaison
Well it sounds like ur watching them and then making predictions on how good a player will be - which is definitely not "for what they are."

Next you'll go watch their high school practice reel and tell us how many all star games we can expect.

i dont think thats what im doing

and at this point, if you cant detect my sarcasm or cynicism, then idk what to tell you

I'm "watching" them to see basketball being played...well, i'll tell the truth here. I've been watching more of the officials than anything. There...i said it. BUT, you'll know my real opinion when i post it

Reel

Community Liaison
ya'll boy Joey Crawford is gonna be in town at some referee summit. Thought about going for like 10 secs

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I watch certain guys like Simmons, or my boy Bobby Portis with Chicago, but I'm not changing my schedule around to catch Shabazz Napier and the Cavaliers.

Soonerfan09

Yeah, I watched Buddy play last night because I really enjoyed watching him at OU. I wish Cousins would have been able to play last night. It would have been fun to see them compete against each other.