• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That's what I mean by doesn't fit the image lol. I don't know if BYU wants him representing them. I mean his autobiography starts out with a story of him pissing on a dog.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
:nebraskaman:

Not sure how that will work out. If he can get players to go to Syracuse, watching that Baylor style offense on the turf inside the Carrier Dome could be fun, but on the other hand, fuck Syracuse.

8y5ABu4_zps2oayqwvk.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The people in upstate NY who give a shit about college football let out a mighty cheer.

spiritless-yay-minions.gif

Pretty sure going from BGSU to Syracuse is a lateral to backwards move in terms of recruiting base.

Wooly

He can say that and feel that way, but my understanding was he doesn't go to church, almost ever. Either way, he drinks regularly, and that alone makes him basically "not active" in the LDS church and certainly not serious in the eyes of people who are LDS. I don't have a problem with that, I have not been active in the church in many years, but you can't drink alcohol and be considered active in the LDS church. BYU might change, but so far they seem intent on sticking with a coach who is active in the church. That leaves very few people. From what I have read the short list is like Sitake, Bevell at the Seahawks, Anderson at Stanford, Anae at BYU. I am sure someone will throw in Andy Reid, but that is just obligatory, not real. Sitake might be the best hire, if he can keep the polynesian pipeline going. BYU is dead in the water if they can't keep that going. Sure they have polys on their staff for recruiting, but maybe a HC poly could help lure more kids from the UofU and out of state competition.

Ironically, I did go down to the church this evening with the kids. It was the Christmas Party and I was not missing out on a free ham dinner, can I get an ahmen!

Renegade

Charge on!
Come on BYU, Tosh Lupoi.

Or, Sarkisian says his old BYU teammates have helped him solve his drinking problem and he has turned his life around by converting. And now the BYU legend comes home.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The names already stated for BYU are what the main focus will be, but I think Whittingham will at least be contacted. He did accept the BYU job but then changed his mind back when BYU eventually hired Bronco.

Being independent is better for BYU than being in the MWC. Yes, joining a P5 conference is what they need to do, but that's out of their hands. All they can do is keep winning (and stop punching people).

Leach will not be interviewed. I love the guy, but he's not BYU HC material.

Depending on who is hired and how the assistants go from there, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sarkisian be hired as OC. I think it would be good for him.

Steve Young and Ty Detmer's names are being thrown around, but that's mostly fan talk.

goblue96

The names already stated for BYU are what the main focus will be, but I think Whittingham will at least be contacted. He did accept the BYU job but then changed his mind back when BYU eventually hired Bronco.

Being independent is better for BYU than being in the MWC. Yes, joining a P5 conference is what they need to do, but that's out of their hands. All they can do is keep winning (and stop punching people).

Leach will not be interviewed. I love the guy, but he's not BYU HC material.

Depending on who is hired and how the assistants go from there, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sarkisian be hired as OC. I think it would be good for him.

Steve Young and Ty Detmer's names are being thrown around, but that's mostly fan talk.

Koy Detmer as QB Corch?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Koy Detmer as QB Corch?

LOL - Well, his son is on BYU's roster. But no, Ty Detmer. I think he has no interest, though, even if BYU did have some.

Yes, I think Anae gets a look. But I think he's got a bit of Norm Chow stigma to him. He doesn't work well with the media. You can get away with that at some schools (Saban and Meyer don't have the best relationships with the media), but at BYU because of it's sponsoring institution it's extremely important. I wouldn't be shocked if he were hired. I just don't personally find it a big possibility.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Ohio State Co-DC Chris Ash to Rutgers as Head Ball Corch.

Solid hire: I think Rutgers' is kind of fucked in the B1G TBH, but they could have done much worse (cough Al Golden cough).

@Rutgers Mike
I don't know if we're fucked being in the Big Ten, but I'd rather roll the dice on a guy like Ash then go with a retread.

Do I think he can get Rutgers to play tough defense again? Yes. So it comes down who he brings in to run an offense, and how much freedom he gives them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Ash is a great hire provided he doesn't go full Muschamp and hire Jedd Fisch or Scot Loeffler or some shit.

I guess we'll see how well Urban deals with a coordinator loss again.

PSUEagle

I'm sure he'll hire an UP TEMPO SPREAD guy as OC: Loeffler or Fisch won't be in consideration IMO.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Not those guys specifically haha. I just mean someone awful.

I don't know what system minimizes QB play and maximizes skill position player but Rutgers needs to find it, considering they always have good skill players and garbage QBs.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

I don't know what system minimizes QB play and maximizes skill position player but Rutgers needs to find it, considering they always have good skill players and garbage QBs.

How bout Rutgers just try to find a QB? But I agree, Rutgers has had some good skill players over the last 10 years or so, but very few guys to get them the ball.

UnFun Fact: Rutgers has 5 of the top 80 QBs all time in career interceptions, 6 if you include Ryan Cubit.

There is a coordinator in FCS that I think might be a fit, as he is from NJ originally and has some ties to Rutgers, but I'd have to dig deeper into what his offenses did year-to-year.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

Muschamp did that in 2012 quite well.

Bdub

Personally think the coach at Navy would be the best option for BYU. Don't know why they wouldn't give him a serious look.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Personally think the coach at Navy would be the best option for BYU. Don't know why they wouldn't give him a serious look.

As an HC at a school with similar restrictions and such, he is a definite fit. They will definitely give him a serious look.

goblue96

I don't know if we're fucked being in the Big Ten, but I'd rather roll the dice on a guy like Ash then go with a retread.

Do I think he can get Rutgers to play tough defense again? Yes. So it comes down who he brings in to run an offense, and how much freedom he gives them.

I knew something was up when my house guest was still here this morning.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I called the Muschamp hire. That makes me 3/3 but I'm not here to brag. I just don't understand why SC would hire him lol. He couldn't win at fucking Florida. Now he's in the same conference in the same division at a shittier school. What makes them think he will win now?

PSUEagle

Spurrier campaigned heavily for him with South Carolina's AD, apparently.

Really think the Ole Ball Coach is just trolling at this point: he wants all of his records to stand at USCe and have the gatah rise again: Muschamp checks both of those boxes.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Muschamp is the worst.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I called the Muschamp hire. That makes me 3/3 but I'm not here to brag. I just don't understand why SC would hire him lol. He couldn't win at fucking Florida. Now he's in the same conference in the same division at a shittier school. What makes them think he will win now?

Cause he's gonna open up da playbook