• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
So Georgia got rid of richt and hired smart. Has to be the worst corching decision ever. Is smart going to bring saban with him?

Usc hires a no name.

Miami is the winner so far.
As much as I hate to admit it, VT is the winner getting Fuente while retaining their D staff.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They lost 49-10 the year after they pulled that dumb shit and Urban was calling timeouts at the end of the game to troll Richt. Was great.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Yeah That was the game where tebow had gotten hurt the week before and basically couldn't run. Also the defense couldn't stop a paper bag.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. I was sure he was in his 60s.

Just for the Fulmer comparison to be even closer - he was fired from Tennessee at 58.

Something else surprising - DJ Durkin is 37.

i

You could tell me that he was 50 and I wouldn't bat an eye.
No fucking way, I am older than that guy? lol I thought he was easily 50.

Lightningwar

Administrator
So Georgia got rid of richt and hired smart. Has to be the worst corching decision ever. Is smart going to bring saban with him?

Usc hires a no name.

Miami is the winner so far.

I agree, so far Miami has made out like a bandit on the coaching carousel.

Sucks for me of course. Really enjoyed trampling Miami every year this decade. But at least the rivalry should mean something again.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
James Franklin just started following Bob Stitt on Twitter. :eek:

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
James Franklin just started following Bob Stitt on Twitter. :eek:

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

-YTC

Would shock me. If Stitt wanted to be a coordinator at a power conference, surely he would have done it already.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Here's an interesting fact - Michigan hasn't had a coordinator leave to become a head coach since 2000, when Mike DeBord left to coach Central Michigan. Lloyd Carr's coaching tree consists of Mike DeBord (fired after going 12-34), Ron English (fired after going 11-46 at Eastern Michigan), and Brady Hoke. Speaks to the rotting that was happening at Michigan, even if it wasn't evident on the field until 2005. Meanwhile, Bo's coaching tree includes a couple of national championships. And Harbaugh's coaching tree already has 6 college coaches and 1 NFL "coach."

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Here's an interesting fact - Michigan hasn't had a coordinator leave to become a head coach since 2000, when Mike DeBord left to coach Central Michigan. Lloyd Carr's coaching tree consists of Mike DeBord (fired after going 12-34), Ron English (fired after going 11-46 at Eastern Michigan), and Brady Hoke. Speaks to the rotting that was happening at Michigan, even if it wasn't evident on the field until 2005. Meanwhile, Bo's coaching tree includes a couple of national championships. And Harbaugh's coaching tree already has 6 college coaches and 1 NFL "coach."

Then there is the dead weight known as Scot Loeffler, nomad Offensive Coordinator. Will Fuente keep him as OC at Va. Tech.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I figured he would jump at the Arky State job whenever that opened again, but this is close

coogrfan

Herman must pay a $2.25 million buyout if leaves for another job before Feb. 28, 2018, according to details obtained Thursday by the Houston Chronicle through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The buyout amount decreases to $1 million on Feb. 28, 2019, and $500,000 on Feb. 29, 2020."

Edit: the above is incorrect per the UH athletics website:

In addition to the compensation increase, the amendment shifts the initial contract’s buyout of $2.25 million end date from Feb. 28, 2018 to Feb. 28, 2019, with an increased buyout of $2.5 million for prior to Feb. 28, 2017. The amended agreement calls for the $2.5 million buyout to be reduced by 25 percent if the planned $20 million indoor facility project is not approved by the Board of Regents by Sept. 1, 2016 and the $2.25 million buyout to be reduced by 50 percent if construction of the indoor football practice facility is not at or near completion by Dec. 1, 2017, and reduced by 75 percent if the facility is not at or near completion by Dec. 1, 2018.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Any thoughts on Troy Calhoun? Keep seeing his name pop up for the UVa gig

Air Force has been pretty damn good under him. It's not a strict flexbone like navy or Georgia tech but it's really good and fun to watch. My question is if they're going after a flexbone guy, why Troy Calhoun?

mongoose

A lot of sentiment comes from George Welsh coming over from Navy and having lots of success. So there's the service academy link. Plus like you said he's not a strict flexbone guy and works with the personnel he has. Saw that he mixed in some 4-wide, i form, spread