• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I thought we expanded too much. Let's contract two teams (KWest and another team) and kill their players. I think that's the most fair way to go about it because if we do FA people will bitch and if we do a draft, well that will take forever.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think we should kill everyone but Douglass Tagg and then we should re-incarnate Kenney and then make them co-commissioners of SPACETOPIA BASEBALL LEAGUE. That would be a true "when the last shall be first" story.

Wolfman21

I thought we expanded too much. Let's contract two teams (KWest and another team) and kill their players. I think that's the most fair way to go about it because if we do FA people will bitch and if we do a draft, well that will take forever.

Yup. Which is why back when there was talk of ANOTHER expansion, i was gonna walk if it happened. WBL was at its best when there were about 12 owners. Now theres 18(well, WAS 18) and its just too much.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yup. Which is why back when there was talk of ANOTHER expansion, i was gonna walk if it happened. WBL was at its best when there were about 12 owners. Now theres 18(well, WAS 18) and its just too much.

I'd love to hear which 6 (5 now) owners you think should be removed :laughing: WolfBakingCookies21

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Quit this

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
What are you even talking about? We expanded once ever. And one of those guys just won the whole damn thing. This is the oddest complaint to me. There will always be a disinterested owner or two. I guess we should just contract until it's just doh and wolfman playing each other 162 times.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
3 more Random lists

1. Seoul
  2. False Bay
  3. Las Vegas
  4. North Dakota
  5. Dublin
  6. Istanbul
  7. Moscow
  8. San Fran
  9. Key West

1. Kabul
  2. BUFFALO, NEW YORK, GALACTIC CITY
  3. Lisbon
  4. Amsterdam
  5. Buenos Aires
  6. Helsingborg
  7. Cairo
  8. Little Rock
  9. Berlin

1. Amsterdam
  2. BUFFALO, NEW YORK, GALACTIC CITY
  3. Las Vegas
  4. Little Rock
  5. Lisbon
  6. Helsingborg
  7. False Bay
  8. Istanbul
  9. Key West

1. North Dakota
  2. Moscow
  3. San Fran
  4. Buenos Aires
  5. Berlin
  6. Kabul
  7. Cairo
  8. Seoul
  9. Dublin

1. Helsingborg
  2. Cairo
  3. Little Rock
  4. San Fran
  5. Dublin
  6. Moscow
  7. North Dakota
  8. Buenos Aires
  9. Berlin

1. Lisbon
  2. Las Vegas
  3. Amsterdam
  4. Key West
  5. False Bay
  6. Seoul
  7. Kabul
  8. Istanbul
  9. BUFFALO, NEW YORK, GALACTIC CITY

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I mean it depends on how we want to balance them, are we doing it on team's strengths right now or are we looking 5 years into the future?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well here's the league sorted by this year's regular season standings:

BUFFALO, NEW YORK, GALACTIC CITY
False Bay
Lisbon
Kabul
Moscow
Buenos Aires
Berlin
Little Rock
Cairo

Las Vegas
Helsingborg
Amsterdam
Key West
San Fran
Seoul
North Dakota
Dublin
Istanbul

Lloyd Carr

Kabul
False Bay
Key West
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Lisbon
Buenos Aires
Seoul
Cairo

Amsterdam
Helsingborg
Istanbul
Buffalo
North Dakota
Dublin
Moscow
Berlin
Little Rock

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Not going to start an entire new thread, so here is my simple proposal:

Sacrifical Lampship from a Best of 5 to a Best of 7
World Shampionship from a Best of 7 to a Best of 9

I would be open to removing the second option or adding a third option (League Shamp to 9 from 7) but the top one is the main one I want. We can argure in subsequent posts but Bo5 seems a bit too luck based, Especially highlighted this year by the fact I swept Helga by getting lucky then immediately got ran over by Dublin because my team is significantly weaker.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That sounds like enough of a mandate to take this to a poll, or should I just wait until someone comes in here and says no

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's 7 for 0 against. Technically needs two to pass but we also have two afk owners so

I might be open to different home field stuff too but I'd have to see it laid out first

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To me 7 game Lambship passes to me. I'll implement next sim.

Any other rule changes, now is the time to bring them up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
that 8 hour draft time limit, can I get a second? Some angry debate? ANYTHING?

I look forward to you'll using 7 hours and 58 minutes instead of 11 hours and 58 minutes.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Maybe is a great one word answer to get the conversation going

Also I liked the post, which in my vague sense of doing things, means I agree. Series is at 3-1.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Not everyone's fit to reach Sag A. In fact, none of you'll are good enough to make it there yet, other than me. I can understand, it requires being a MENTAL FORTITUDE HAVE and most people just aren't