• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

Mame YO

slings rocks
I have to say doe, the calls have been bad in the second half. Reel bad. Randolph elbows Aldridge in the face in the third quarter and they call a foul on Aldridge.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Gtfo with this mccallum shit. Houston started Jason Fucking Terry. Did you see them crying about injuries and getting they asses beat? NOPE. Nope nope nope nope. Suck and it.

bruin

Spurs in 6.

Zoltan remember when when the Lakers were going to win 35+ games because of Nick Young

Fuckkkk outtt

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If I could get Clips/Rockets and then Clips/Warriors I'd be a very happy man. Harden/CP3 hate and then Warriors/Griffin hate would just be so great to watch

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Memphis home crowd was worth it just to see those 5'4" black dudes in flat brims and $600 sunglasses courtside :laughing:

Fake it until you make it and/or are mocked on the internet via dat white priv

evil1

To me, the most impressive performances over the weekend were Chicago and the Clippers.

The Chicago team we saw on Saturday could beat Cleveland in a seven game series, and the Clippers team from last night could certainly make it to the Western Conference Finals.

The most disappointing would have to be Portland (after yesterday's game, I just don't think they have a chance against Memphis) and Dallas. It's not so much that Dallas lost in Houston, it is how lost they looked on the defensive end. I think they drew up a defensive strategy going into the series but didn't have time to really practice it.

PSUEagle

Uhh, I think it is most of your post that has no basis in fact.

First of all, Philadelphia was not a top 10 level defense by any stretch. The ranked 20th in points allowed, 15th if FG% allowed, and 24th in pts per shot allowed. They are a mess offensively and only slightly less of a mess on defense.

Secondly, it is hard to say the team got better as the year along. Here are their 10 game win-loss splits for the second half of the season: 4-6, 1-9, 5-5 and 0-10. The only way you can say the team as a whole got better is if you conveniently overlook to 0-10 stretch to end the season and the 1-9 stretch back in January/February.

I don't know much about Jerami Grant, but I find it hard to believe that someone who shot 33% from the field (26% from 3 pt) after the all star break is someone who has found his shot.

Pretty much the only thing you got right is that Brett Brown has been good for the 76ers considering what he has been given.

So I was slightly off: Sixers ended the year in a tie for 12th in defensive efficiency: Rankings Just looking at PPG allowed is silly: by that metric the Warriors would be a decent defense, not the league's best unit (which they are when factoring in pace).

Again, it's pretty clear what the identity is now and will be going forward. Brett Brown has talked about how everything will start with defense, Hinkie has talked about how it's arguably more than 50% of the game, etc. Since Hinkie seems to be a forward thinker, he's probably planning his future acquisitions once they start "trying" to win around gathering as many athletic guys as possible. Reason being that in order to keep up with these new "pace and space" offenses defenses will need to be able to switch aggressively like GSW and MIL (not coincidentally the two best defensive teams this season).

Last 10 games sucked (and they clearly decided to tank to ensure that LAL couldn't pass them in the standings) but prior to that they looked OK after that 0-17 start. Shoot, they lost quite a few games in OT/last possession situations: that's significantly different than being crushed by 30 every night like the Knicks.

RE: Jerami Grant: he tailed off, but considering he only attempted thirteen 3 pointers in two years at Syracuse should indicate that he's made progress. I consider that a win from a development standpoint, because he could actually be a useful player with his athleticism if he's just decent shooting. And FWIW, I'm pretty sure his shooting numbers are better than KJ McDaniels.

evil1

So I was slightly off: Sixers ended the year in a tie for 12th in defensive efficiency: Rankings Just looking at PPG allowed is silly

Which is why I also noted that Philadelphia was 15th if FG% allowed, and 24th in pts per shot allowed. Different defensive stats rank Philadelphia in a range from 24th to 12th and you think that makes them a good defensive team?

Last 10 games sucked (and they clearly decided to tank to ensure that LAL couldn't pass them in the standings) but prior to that they looked OK after that 0-17 start.

Philadelphia had an 0-17 start, had a 1-9 stretch in January/February and finished the year with a 0-10 stretch. At least they were consistent throughout the year.

And FWIW, I'm pretty sure his [Jerami Grant] shooting numbers are better than KJ McDaniels.

Well you would be wrong on that one too. Grant has a 35.2 FG% while McDaniels has a 39.6 FG%.[/QUOTE]

Tailback U

The Clippers looked great last night but SA played like shit from the start and could never get anything going.

Spurs shot 37% from the field and 30% from 3. Clips shot 51% from the field and 56% from 3.

Parker looked scared to shoot and Danny Green was off all night going 2-10 and missing some wide open looks early on that could have helped the Spurs gain some momentum and settle down the crowd.

Credit to the Clips for playing more aggressive and taking it to the Spurs but I don't expect that type of shooting percentage difference between these two teams for the rest of the series. Even with the Spurs shooting so poorly it was only a 6 point game at half time.

Spurs really need some help from their bench, though, since they really don't have anyone that is going to put in 20+ every game, especially if Crawford's hot.

Tailback U

Is it just because there are more sideline speakers/cameras on the local fox sports broadcast of the Warriors game that makes it louder than the TNT broadcast on my TV or does fox sport turn it up or something to make it appear louder?

Tailback U

are you guys sold on the Dubs as the anointed champs? I am not so sure...

Nobody said they were going undefeated.

the Pelicans doing a great job of getting contact on Stephen to slow him down when he doesn't have the ball.

this game is going down to the wire.

warriors brought their B game while the Pelicans brought their A game but they'll still probably win .

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So I'm peeking at the in game betting lines and it's like a 3 point game with 3 minutes or so left and this random "warriors -9.5" bet shows up.

HHHMMMMMM

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm certainly not but I think it tremendously helps them that this year there really isn't a team as good as the Spurs the last two years or the Heat their two championships. Maybe the Cavs if they start to hit all cylinders. But overall there isn't a dominant team in the NBA and I think that helps them.

Went to the game tonight... it was pretty fun. Warriors played as bad as they could offensively 1st and 3rd quarters and still won rather easy. Their defense is just too good for the Pels. Davis disappeared for a lot of the game. Thompson took over in the fourth which the Warriors needed. It was probably one of their worst home performances of the year but the Warriors can win ugly and they did tonight.

NML

Taking Cleveland under 109 again - ITS A LOCK! Doubling my bet and riding Martingale to victory

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

If anybody is they dumb. Dubs good but Curry and Thompson have gone cold for 3-4 game stretches before, that's all it takes.

PSUEagle

Mike Budenholzer wins COY over Steve Kerr.

I'm actually impressed with the media guys here: figured Kerr was a lock. While the latter has been awesome, I'd rather give it to the guy who led a team that had a losing record last year to 60 wins this season. All without a superstar.

Tailback U

If anybody is they dumb. Dubs good but Curry and Thompson have gone cold for 3-4 game stretches before, that's all it takes.

Nothings a lock but the Warriors gotta be the favorite. I don't think Klay and curry have both gone cold over 3-4 stretches together, not this season at least, but last night they were out scored by Davis and Gordon and the Warriors still won by 10 because of their defense.

Davis was 3-12 when draymond was on him, btw, and looked tired and sloppy with his shot selection in the 4th.

The cavs and bulls would both be very touch match ups for the Warriors. Kyrie is quick enough to give curry problems and make him work on D and lebron gonna lebron. Bulls with gasol, Noah, rose, and that tall bearded euro pose tough match ups as well.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Green is a piss ant. He has mastered the art of fouling without getting it called

He did pester Davis all night though but when Davis was going straight at him, green would hold or slap across the wrist and nothing would get called

Davis has to play through that though and not let that check him out. Once he missed like 4 in a row, green win the mental match-up over him.

Tailback U

I wouldn't argue that if that's the general consensus. If I had to put money on that finals matchup I would probably go with the cavs, I don't think the Warriors have an answer for lebron when he plays possessed and kyrie can cancel steph out.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nothings a lock but the Warriors gotta be the favorite. I don't think Klay and curry have both gone cold over 3-4 stretches together, not this season at least, but last night they were out scored by Davis and Gordon and the Warriors still won by 10 because of their defense.

Davis was 3-12 when draymond was on him, btw, and looked tired and sloppy with his shot selection in the 4th.

The cavs and bulls would both be very touch match ups for the Warriors. Kyrie is quick enough to give curry problems and make him work on D and lebron gonna lebron. Bulls with gasol, Noah, rose, and that tall bearded euro pose tough match ups as well.

They're the favorite but the post was about being sold on them being the anointed champs. Anybody thinking they're a lock hasn't watched the playoffs. And yeah they've gone cold multiple times for multi game stretches, not so much this year but in the past they have. Since then they've both added a much better drive game so it isn't as big of a factor