• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I've seen the Eagles do this to many teams on MNF. Panthers need to ride out the 1st quarter fan storm and crowd noise.

PSUEagle

Eagles defense and special teams are Super Bowl caliber. If the offense can be more consistent and stop turning it over/score in the red zone, they can be a legit threat to win it all.

Brick

Lol butt fumble lol

Looks like he rediscovered some arm talent. Rumor was he was hurt with the jets that explains it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Least y'all get to watch the Titans and Mecklenburger next week. Name one starter on the Titans who would start on another NFL team. Casey, Delaney walker and that's it to me.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Don't understand all the hate for Gruden. He the best.
“Keep your eyes on a swivel.”

Tongue-tied already.
“Not enough penetration to get off.”

Our first double entendre.
“How old were you when you were 17?”

“These refs are worse than backups. It’s like taking a team of 6th-round draft picks and using them as your starters.”

Okay, this one is actually insightful.
“Boy, these rules are confusing.”

Later in the same game: “All these rules are confusing me.”

On Michael Turner: “I call this guy ‘Road Rage’ because he makes some of the most violent runs in football.”

He actually did use this nickname last year.
After a nice catch by Demaryius Thomas: “That’s one of the greatest tap dances I have ever seen.”

Little known fact: Gruden is a HUGE tap dancing fan.
“Ultra high-speed slow-mo”

“3rd and Tacoma”

“I want Richard Sherman grinding on my receivers.”

“Pass interference calls should call themselves.”

Makes sense.
“Seattle’s gonna need to find some Skittles to feed this beast Marshawn Lynch.”

“I’m ’bout to jump out the press box on that call.”

“There’s no way Green Bay should fly 6,000 miles home after a game like this.”

The game was in Seattle. Someone needs a geography lesson.

“Those little catches, I like to call those blue gills ’cause they add up at the end of the night.”

“I call it the turkey hole in between the corner and the safety.”

On Gary Kubiak’s play card: “Look at the size of that menu.”

“This is J.J. Watt. I don’t know how many Watts are in his energy source.”

More on Watt: “They call him the milkman, because he’s from Wisconsisn and the milkman always delivers.”

On Nick Mangold: “He’s genetically different from most people.”

“Andre Revis”

“It’s like a symphony on the backside.”

“Tebow might be in the bullpen tonight.” AND “Gary Kubiak is going to the bullpen.”

Not one, but two bullpen references.
“We can save ourselves a lot of time by eliminating some of these rules.”

The campaign against rules continues.
“Peyton Manning has eyes in the back of his head.”

On Charles Tillman: “He has a Ph.D in Bears defense.”

“He put his hat in the crack right there.”

Presented without context.
“Here comes the beef!”

“I get goosebumps watching guys go after each other like this.”

“He’s a unique freak.”

“I don’t even know what erroneous is.”

On his Halloween costume: “I’m going to be Chucky for the 14th straight year.”

“Don’t listen to me. That’s why I’m out of the profession.”

We love you, Jon.
- See more at: http://thesportsgeeks.com/2012/11/0...-quotes-mnf-2012-part-1/#sthash.RHJL6IIw.dpuf

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Dying at the Halloween costume line

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Just spent a week in western PA, don't need more of that shit

Soonerfan09

“Keep your eyes on a swivel.”

Tongue-tied already.
“Not enough penetration to get off.”

Our first double entendre.
“How old were you when you were 17?”

“These refs are worse than backups. It’s like taking a team of 6th-round draft picks and using them as your starters.”

Okay, this one is actually insightful.
“Boy, these rules are confusing.”

Later in the same game: “All these rules are confusing me.”

On Michael Turner: “I call this guy ‘Road Rage’ because he makes some of the most violent runs in football.”

He actually did use this nickname last year.
After a nice catch by Demaryius Thomas: “That’s one of the greatest tap dances I have ever seen.”

Little known fact: Gruden is a HUGE tap dancing fan.
“Ultra high-speed slow-mo”

“3rd and Tacoma”

“I want Richard Sherman grinding on my receivers.”

“Pass interference calls should call themselves.”

Makes sense.
“Seattle’s gonna need to find some Skittles to feed this beast Marshawn Lynch.”

“I’m ’bout to jump out the press box on that call.”

“There’s no way Green Bay should fly 6,000 miles home after a game like this.”

The game was in Seattle. Someone needs a geography lesson.

“Those little catches, I like to call those blue gills ’cause they add up at the end of the night.”

“I call it the turkey hole in between the corner and the safety.”

On Gary Kubiak’s play card: “Look at the size of that menu.”

“This is J.J. Watt. I don’t know how many Watts are in his energy source.”

More on Watt: “They call him the milkman, because he’s from Wisconsisn and the milkman always delivers.”

On Nick Mangold: “He’s genetically different from most people.”

“Andre Revis”

“It’s like a symphony on the backside.”

“Tebow might be in the bullpen tonight.” AND “Gary Kubiak is going to the bullpen.”

Not one, but two bullpen references.
“We can save ourselves a lot of time by eliminating some of these rules.”

The campaign against rules continues.
“Peyton Manning has eyes in the back of his head.”

On Charles Tillman: “He has a Ph.D in Bears defense.”

“He put his hat in the crack right there.”

Presented without context.
“Here comes the beef!”

“I get goosebumps watching guys go after each other like this.”

“He’s a unique freak.”

“I don’t even know what erroneous is.”

On his Halloween costume: “I’m going to be Chucky for the 14th straight year.”

“Don’t listen to me. That’s why I’m out of the profession.”

We love you, Jon.
- See more at: http://thesportsgeeks.com/2012/11/0...-quotes-mnf-2012-part-1/#sthash.RHJL6IIw.dpuf
The best!

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Newton has 3 picks, fumbled 2x, sacked 8 Xs & backup D Anderson on bench wearing shirt over uni” I wouldn't wanna go in!

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
1505478_10203022001219533_3445041261896505216_n.jpg

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I take no joy in being completely accurate about that game. Panthers are such sorry predictable sacks of shit.

R2D2

Eagles defense and special teams are Super Bowl caliber. If the offense can be more consistent and stop turning it over/score in the red zone, they can be a legit threat to win it all.

Idk mang. That secondary is super inconsistent. Cary Williams, and Bradley Fletcher get beat deep often. I'm super glad they brought in Mark Sanchez in the off-season. Could you imagine if Vick had stayed? That 6-2 record would have quickly gone to 6-10.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Looking forward to next weeks Eagles @ Packers game. I would suggest taking the over. It is supposed to be 20 degrees with snow.

Brick

god is so good.

sanchez has played in 70 games.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

by all means, keep hiring mike shula, john fox, and mike shanahan to corch spread QBs doe. or any fucking QBs, for that matter.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 24
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 24

Brick

BORTLES ALERT

bortles has a 8/14 ratio
nick foles has a 46/17 ratio

after eagles drop foles because he's dispensable and some mong front office picks up him and tries to make him throw 15 yard outs every snap, bets on which of the two is out of the league first?

Brick

there's no hope for the nashnul footbaw league

even utopians ignore this and defend the mongs, and you idiots are usually the first to come to ur senses.

Brick

LESEAN MCCOY IS KILLING MY FANTASY TEAM

chip kelly's offense has been figured out.

marc trestman couldn't score more than 24 points in any single game versus D1A teams for a full season as a college offensive coordinator. OFFENSIVE INNOVATOR HIRE THIS MAN

somebody needs to get fucking mad.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
god is so good.

sanchez has played in 70 games.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

by all means, keep hiring mike shula, john fox, and mike shanahan to corch spread QBs doe. or any fucking QBs, for that matter.

Panthers had two of these assclowns. Guess we get Shanahan next after he gets fired by Warshington.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
So what is your point Brock? The entire NFL should stop drafting good quarterbacks and just bring all the spread coaches from CFB?

I agree teams that don't have a Manning, Brady, Rodgers or noodle need to think outside of the box.

Trestman's offense was 2nd in the league in scoring last year. Any offense would be hard to run when your top 2 receivers are hurt and there really isn't a #3.

Isn't Foles example the exact same thing as Josh McCown?

Last edited:

Brick

So what is your point Brock? The entire NFL should stop drafting good quarterbacks and just bring all the spread coaches from CFB?

I agree teams that don't have a Manning, Brady, Rodgers or noodle need to think outside of the box.

Trestman's offense was 2nd in the league in scoring last year. Any offense would be hard to run when your top 2 receivers are hurt and there really isn't a #3.

Isn't Foles example the exact same thing as Josh McCown?
no, draft the same QBs. do not draft them high and build your team around them, so that the only way you have success is if your quarterback has a great season.

don't have an offensive system. change your system to match the QBs on your depth chart.

the GREAT QB AND SOLID LEFT TACKLE model is ridiculous.

the reason kelly, harbaugh, and carroll have had so much success with the QBs they have in place (imagine foles or sanchez at oregon, kaepernick at USC, wilson at stanford) is because they can adapt. the QBs they have now have a much different skillset than the ideal prototype they'd recruit in college. but it doesn't matter because they are not stubborn and run the same shit regardless of personnel.

what carolina is doing with newton, jets did with geno smith and tebow, etc. is just dumb.

imagine peyton manning running read option and keeping in the shotgun. this is the equivalent of having cam newton doing a 5 step drop under center.

Last edited:

Brick

i shouldn't say draft the same QBs. there is no earthly reason why people like glennon and logan thomas get picked.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If I was an NFL GM without a Top-5 QB, First thing I'd do is bring in a proven offensive coordinator (proven without a top-5 QB). Outside of having an elite QB, your OC is your most important offensive player. Then I'd trade a 5th-7th round pick for some washed up armed "game manager" QB with starting experience who will throw less than 10 picks a season. Don't fall for the overpriced free agent trog trap, trade for a current backup QB or starter that a team wants to get rid of. I don't give a fuck that they can't "win games," I just want a guy who doesn't LOSE games. Gimme Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Tebow, I don't fucking care. They aren't sexy like Robo, but you don't have Robo, and this is infinitely better than throwing some rookie in to turn your team into a dumpster fire by throwing 25 picks a season like the Jets/Jacksonville have done. That shit doesn't help anyone. Winning is what creates winning, not tanking for some first round pick in hopes you hit the 1/50 odds of a franchise QB like Peyton.

Then I'd spend every 1st-4th round draft pick on offensive linemen and defenders for the next 5 years. If only half of them pan out, that's still an incredibly solid team. If some amazing QB deal fell into my lap in the late 1st-3rd rounds, I'd take it as a future investment, but never ever take RBs/WRs in the first 4 rounds. I don't understand why teams would ever spend high picks on unproven skill players when proven veteran skill players are available for cheap as fuck if you are willing to think outside the box and snag a dude who doesn't look the part (Hai Sproles, come on over for a 7th round pick). In 5 years you'll have a very nice football team that is making the playoffs regularly (and once you make the playoffs your "game manager" QB can always get hot and you might end up winning it all). Whatever you do, if your game manager QB gets hot and wins you the super bowl, don't pay him like he's Peyton because he isn't. If he wants a huge contract, ship his ass out and get more picks and new game manager. The one thing you CANT afford to do in the NFL is have a non elite QB who is paid like an Elite QB. That'll doom ur franchise.