• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

@GatorTD, the only point of that post was to point out that if you've been to a NASCAR race, you would realize that NASCAR fans love controversy almost as much as they love their favorite driver. To think that they just want to watch guys following each other around all day is silly.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
All you people just remember this shit when it comes down to the end and the 2 is in the wall intentionally. Gordon's done it before. He went headhunting for Bowyer at Phoenix 2 years ago. Certainly Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin have no qualms about taking someone out on purpose. Tony will do whatever the fuck Tony wants to do. Carl Edwards can say whatever, but he still hates Brad.

I wouldn't put my money on the 2 winning anything until next season.
Again that is fine, and I'm not even saying he won't deserve it. He's done more than enough to have that happen outside of tonight. I'm just saying I think you are clouded by the past when viewing tonight. It looked open to me, and it looked like he got to the rear door (if they had one) before Jeff closed him down.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@GatorTD, the only point of that post was to point out that if you've been to a NASCAR race, you would realize that NASCAR fans love controversy almost as much as they love their favorite driver. To think that they just want to watch guys following each other around all day is silly.
They love controversy as long as the geese don't get hit. They love when Busch hits a truck on caution on Friday, but they don't love when Gordon gets wrecked on Sunday. They'd rather a race finish without bumping if the big teams are out front. That's when you hear all about respect and doin things the right way

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
All you people just remember this shit when it comes down to the end and the 2 is in the wall intentionally. Gordon's done it before. He went headhunting for Bowyer at Phoenix 2 years ago. Certainly Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin have no qualms about taking someone out on purpose. Tony will do whatever the fuck Tony wants to do. Carl Edwards can say whatever, but he still hates Brad.

I wouldn't put my money on the 2 winning anything until next season.

He sealed his own fate, and will reap what he has sewn.

And if a title contender takes him out in Phoenix, they have zero chance of winning the title. If someone goes head-heading, it will be somebody with nothing to lose. Paging Kasey Kahne. Tony can't go after him because the mainstream media will be all "OMGZZZZ!!!!! Tony tried to kill him." NA$CAR won't have that.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Like Wuf said, better to finish 3rd or 4th without pissing the field off, than drive like that and become a marked man. It's common sense.

Maybe Carl was right the whole time. Who knew?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just like watching drivers who want to win instead of playing politics, I know it is smarter to be friends with your competitors but it isn't as fun to watch.

Wolfman21

Don't think anyone is saying be "friends". Theres racing with respect and then theres racing with no regards or care for your competitors. Also, as this thread shows, there are PLENTY of people that hate Gordon and cheer when he wrecks. I've been to many a race where Gordon was wrecked and half the stands were cheering. Is he a "goose", and if so, why were they cheering? I think the only driver on the circuit that doesn't get cheers when he wrecks is Dale Earnhardt Jr. and there are still plenty of fans that hate when he does well...so im just not seeing that argument.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I said at the track, I should have said from what I've seen at TMS. I thought it was implied it was my personal experience and that I haven't gone to races with you.

If what happened tonight is racing with a lack of respect then that is absolutely stunning to me. It's like not driving down the lane because there's an opening in basketball

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
They love controversy as long as the geese don't get hit. They love when Busch hits a truck on caution on Friday, but they don't love when Gordon gets wrecked on Sunday. They'd rather a race finish without bumping if the big teams are out front. That's when you hear all about respect and doin things the right way
WTF are you even talking about? How long have you been following racing? GTFO with that shit. Busch was an incredible chickenshit for wrecking Hornaday under caution, just like his brother was for trying to take out Jimmy Spencer at Michigan some 11 years ago. Harvick did the same crap at Martinsville in a truck race once. They all got what they deserved. People get pissed when you drive like a fucking idiot, regardless of who you are and what series you're in. Tony is about the farthest thing from "vanilla" and even he doesn't drive like that...unless someone deserved it. Dale Jr: not vanilla. Doesn't drive like a jackass. If you're actually good, you can win without being a wrecking ball.

Keselowski's problem is that he doesn't learn from past experiences. I think he'll get the message before the end of the season.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
And if a title contender takes him out in Phoenix, they have zero chance of winning the title. If someone goes head-heading, it will be somebody with nothing to lose. Paging Kasey Kahne. Tony can't go after him because the mainstream media will be all "OMGZZZZ!!!!! Tony tried to kill him." NA$CAR won't have that.
Says who? You can't wreck someone and continue on? Never heard that one before.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
WTF YOU TOM BOUT WILLIS? Why do you guys keep talking about brad's career? Nobody cares about that, you're just talking to yourselves. I only was talking about tonight, which still baffles me that there is any controversy with it unless it is solely due to reputation and him being disliked.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
lol, so you don't think the way Brad has driven his whole career has or should have anything to do with tonight??? good lord
Not when judging the move. Why should it? What happened after is definitely correlated, but whether the move was a hack job or a move for an open lane at the end has nothing to do with his career. How does it?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
HOW LONG YOU BEEN RACIN BOY!?

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
WTF YOU TOM BOUT WILLIS? Why do you guys keep talking about brad's career? Nobody cares about that, you're just talking to yourselves. I only was talking about tonight, which still baffles me that there is any controversy with it unless it is solely due to reputation and him being disliked.
Again, if you started watching before this year, you'd have a fucking clue. Go back to 2007-8 and get back with me when you're done catching up on Brad.

These guys aren't stupid, and they don't forget.

Wolfman21

@OU11, the entire situation revolves around how Brad has driven his entire career. if this is his first transgression, or 2nd or 3rd, Gordon is pissed, and lets it be known, but the entire situation that happens afterwards never happens. The move is exactly what we should expect out of Keselowski witht he way he has raced his entire career which has led to his in-garage reputation as an asshole driver.

@GatorTD...thanks for bringing the maturity.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
A better question, and I'm being genuine about all of this because I just don't understand, is how was his move tonight not respectful? I know it wasn't smart in the long game, none of his racing is, but in the race tonight why was it not okay to go for the opening? I've seen that done a lot and drivers make room, obviously that won't happen for Brad because everyone hates him but I honestly didn't see anything that hasn't been done before

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11, the entire situation revolves around how Brad has driven his entire career. if this is his first transgression, or 2nd or 3rd, Gordon is pissed, and lets it be known, but the entire situation that happens afterwards never happens. The move is exactly what we should expect out of Keselowski witht he way he has raced his entire career which has led to his in-garage reputation as an asshole driver.

@GatorTD...thanks for bringing the maturity.
Bruh, I don't care about why they hate him. I know why they do and I agree with most of it. I'm not arguing that Brad is a disrespectful driver

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Again, if you started watching before this year, you'd have a fucking clue. Go back to 2007-8 and get back with me when you're done catching up on Brad.

These guys aren't stupid, and they don't forget.
I did, and I know his history. I've not once argued about it so I'm not sure why you aren't grasping the concept. I do not care to argue whether he is respectful or not outside of tonight. If you want to shed light on tonight I'm all ears, or eyes. If you want to keep pumping your chest out about 2008 when nobody is arguing about it that is fine too I guess.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I'm just dicking with you, but what OU says is true. Everyone wants/loves controversy unless it involves their guy getting ran over.

Wolfman21

@OU11, well i'm not arguing that he couldn't make the move he made tonight. However with his past, with the situation...it was a dickbag move. He initiated the contact and put a fellow Chase driver out of contention. To your first post, Gordon isn't gonna give him room because he gave him room. Brad was OVER half a lane off the white line which ran him into Gordon. Gordon was already halfway up the track because he started on the outside lane. Hell, Jimmie was underneath Gordon without making contact, so why couldn't Brad? Because of his bullshit "I saw an opening" excuse. Its how he drives, which is why his past is relevant here because this isn't a one time incident...its how he is.

Wolfman21

@GatorTD...well of course. I loved watching the NC State/UNC basketball game last season however I can't stand the game now because we ended up losing on a heartbreaker. Same shit, different sport.

Iron

Looking at it again. Gordon got a bad restart but was trying to pull the same arcing line into the corner like he did to pass Johnson just 10 laps prior so this time he could at least be side by side off two. Problem this time was that third place got a good restart, when Jeff had passed JJ on prior restart, third was no factor because they were on equal tires and IIRC it was Dinger who was trying to make a 20th place car run 3rd. This time around - Brad had fresher tires, Brad is the most aggressive driver in the sport, and you knew he was going for the spot. Gordon was trying to run the same line, Brad did what he does best - be aggressive all the time (remember Talladega spring? Eight laps down, gotta be aggressive!).

Iron

BTW, somehow in all of this shit, Denny Hamlin is leading the points. Final four could have two winless drivers and a driver who missed a race this season. On top of that, Hamlin's lone win came under yellow at Talladega.

Wolfman21

@Iron, lol...thats the funny part isn't it? While all the "favorites" beat and bang off of each other...Newman and Hamlin keep quietly racking up Top 10s to move on. Its gonna slay me in Homestead if the championship winner finishes like 12th.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Maybe this sport sucks cause I can find 79 progressive/miller lite ads but no video of the actual wreck.

Wolfman21

Hj3jJGr.jpg

Quite the hole...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
the only way there is one is if you beat your way into it...which he did.
Looks like you can fit a car in there, I've seen that done lots of times before. You already told me what I needed to know earlier though, sounds like it was an okay move for anyone but him. That's what I thought too, it takes me a while to beat the emotion out of you guys so we can talk about the same thing

Wolfman21

I had no emotion. I don't have a driver I pull for in the Sprint Cup Series. But you are correct...there are lots of drivers besides him that can make that move and it ends off with pissed off drivers. Since it was him, it ended in a fight because of who he is and his past.

Bdub

Racing incident. Who cares what you can see from a damn picture? He had only a few seconds to make it and he went for it. Shit happens, it's racing. Only in nascar would something this stupid end in a fight.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So wait. I just saw the video. Gordon turns into him. Wat.
This is my point. There is emotion from them because they hate Brad, so they automatically see it as brad's fault. Gordon tried to wreck him and he ended up wrecking himself..

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Like I was expecting to see some serious shit considering the fight but he's fucking holding the line going into the turn and Gordon turns into him. Lawd what a shitshow. And you people defend this shit.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Gordon tried to wreck him? Brad admitted he went for the spot and bulldozed his way in there. Lawd indeed. You people don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Anybody with half a brain can tell that if he just stays behind Jimmie through turns 1 and 2, he gets past Gordon before the backstretch. Then it's Brad with fresh tires vs. Jimmie on old tires in a 1 lap race. Easy win. Instead, he got 3rd and has no chance in hell of winning the title. Smooth move.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Even Jimmie didn't know he was there. He said he got the spotter call that the 2 was on the outside, and he had no clue how the hell he got there.

Brad was in the fucking catbird seat on that restart, and he fucked the win away by being an idiot. If Gordon takes the inside on the restart, then it's the 2 vs. the 24, and at worst he finishes 2nd. With the 24 on the outside (and anyone who has watched Gordon race for 25 years knows that he can't restart well to save his life), it should have been a fucking cakewalk to win that race with fresh tires. Instead, by cutting Gordon's tires on that bonzai move, he causes a caution and fucks himself over.

Like I said though, he won't win the title. There's too many chances for someone to not cut him some slack in the next 2 races. Then he can complain about it to the media as if he's some martyr.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So it sounds like it was just dumb, not disrespectful. I just didn't understand that part of it. If you want to say it's dumb based on the strategy in your post then it makes sense.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I hate Keselowski as much as the next guy, but that move at the end wasn't dirty to me. Gordon slid up too high and then drove down on Keselowski. He should be mad at hisself.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Alls I know is that Brad ain't winning the title this year. Put your money on someone else.