• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
That whole thing is so dumb. Yeah, Michigan was stupid to drive the stake into the ground or whatever the fuck that was. But, jesus, Dantonio, have much of an inferiority complex? You're 6-2 against Michigan, they don't disrespect you, you dumbass. People are legitimately talking about wanting him for the next Michigan coach. Is he just trying to motivate his players? I really don't get it.

Never gets old, no matter bad Michigan might get or how good Michigan State might be.

spartans-defendthes.jpg

Lightningwar

Administrator
So the path of destruction A&M has left is finally being felt through the rest of the division. MSU was within stones throw of losing to KY. Ole Piss did lose. And Auburn was on the ropes with a dumpster fire USC team. I somehow suspect Ole Piss will remain in the top 10 while LSU jumps to about 12. Only fortifying the west division when it should question its overall strength. I still think bama is the best team in that division regardless of the loss to ole piss and close win to Arkansas.

btw that KY onsides was the worst onsides I have seen in years, maybe ever. WTF did they think was going to happen?

Gophers? WTF, classic melt down right there. I predict they don't win another game this year.

Renegade

Charge on!
So the path of destruction A&M has left is finally being felt through the rest of the division. MSU was within stones throw of losing to KY. Ole Piss did lose. And Auburn was on the ropes with a dumpster fire USC team. I somehow suspect Ole Piss will remain in the top 10 while LSU jumps to about 12. Only fortifying the west division when it should question its overall strength. I still think bama is the best team in that division regardless of the loss to ole piss and close win to Arkansas.

btw that KY onsides was the worst onsides I have seen in years, maybe ever. WTF did they think was going to happen?

Gophers? WTF, classic melt down right there. I predict they don't win another game this year.

Yeah what really happened is that Ole Piss beat a 6-6 A&M team that shouldn't have been ranked and then pulled an improbable upset over Bama. Somehow that made them Top 5, because SEC CULTZZ!

Also, Utah got jumped by LSU because Utah didn't beat a Top 5 team (Ole Piss obviously is one of the 5 best teams in the country) and they played at night after the SEC voterz already went to bed.

Brick

same reason one loss TCU is above baylor and one loss michigan state is over oregon.

the corches poll is just a slotting system, mang.

the committee is going to suck hard though, i think.

Bdub

People keep saying the committee will save the pac 12 but they won't. They will have 3 SEC teams and FSU in there.

Brick

People keep saying the committee will save the pac 12 but they won't. They will have 3 SEC teams and FSU in there.
the SEC will likely get two, but i don't think there's any possible way they get three. they could even conceivably end up with one since MSU is the only undefeated team, everyone else has 1 loss, and so many of those 1 loss teams play each other and someone has to lose.

anyway, if you assume the SEC gets two and flazzu goes undefeated, i think this is the pecking order for the 1 loss teams from the other conferences IMO.

this is of course assuming they all run to table. you have to figure at least two of these teams will finish with one loss.

this is of course, fair or not.

they'll be in
1. notre dame: if they run the table, they are absolutely in regardless of what happens elsewhere
2. oregon: if ND loses, they're a lock.
3. michigan state: lock if oregon and ND both fall imo. if the committee really watched the games they'd realize MSU had oregon on the ropes

need a lot of help
4. arizona state: would finish with wins over utah, notre dame, @ arizona, (likely) oregon
5. ohio state: they are pretty fucked unless everyone loses. turrible resume.
6. nebraska: MARKET FOOTPRINT

need a miracle
6. arizona/utah: would likely have two oregon wins on their resume.
7. tcu/kansas state/baylor: not fair because if they were oklahoma they'd be up there with oregon/msu/nd

Last edited:

Bdub

Good run down. The problem with the pac 12 is I just don't see anyone surviving the rest of the season without a loss. Looking at schedules I would say Arizona and Oregon have the easiest remaining schedule with Utah having the hardest. Arizona could run the table but can they beat Oregon twice? I doubt it.
My prediction would be 2 SEC team's Notre Dame and maybe Michigan State or Oregon.

Brick

actually i would move ASU up to above ohio state and nebraska if they win out. and obviously above utah and arizona. changed my post to reflect it.

here are the wins they'd have.

utah
notre dame
@ arizona
oregon

they would rocket up the standings. all of those teams are going to be ranked pretty high when they play ASU. we all know how the mongs love to pimp at the time rankings (mississippi state).

i think the committee will value those OOC wins by oregon (michigan state) and asu (notre dame).

that is a really tough schedule. they would be labeled HOTTEST TEAM IN FOOTBAW and graham would be hired at michigan.

WE WENT FROM A CORCH WITH NO HEADSET TO MINIMALIST HEADSET CULTURE CHANGE SWAG SWAG

Renegade

Charge on!
So CUSA has hired a PR firm to promote Marshall into the playoff. Marshall will go undefeated barring an upset @ UAB (most likely loss imo) having played the weakest schedule in history. In the old days, they would be lucky to get into the Top 25 playing this shit schedule, but they'll finish Top 15 and if UCF knocks off ECU for the AAC title, Marshall will go get their shit stomped in the Access Bowl. But nevertheless, CUSA is actually paying money to try to get Marshall into the playoff!

Marshall's schedule (*CUSA game)

@Miami OH
Rhode Island
Ohio
@Akron
@Old Dominion*
Middle Tennessee*
@FIU*
FAU*
@Southern Miss*
Rice*
@UAB*
Western Kentucky*

CUSA CCG...Louisiana Tech looks to be the CUSA West team trying least hard to not win the division, but maybe Rice.

So that's 3 MAC teams, an FCS team, an FCS->FBS transitional team, and a bunch of 6-6 mediocrity.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Meh, they'll get a tax deduction for the payment...oh wait, that's right, these criminal organizations are tax exempt.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Went up to Knoxville this weekend. I was glad the team didn't quit like they would have under Dooley. They were outmatched and everyone knew it. If they could have gotten a stop after they closed it to 27-17 it might have gotten interesting, but they just couldn't get off the field. Let Dobbs play the rest of the season and please never put Penisman on the field again. Have to win 3 of the last 4 to make me happy though.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Went up to Knoxville this weekend. I was glad the team didn't quit like they would have under Dooley. They were outmatched and everyone knew it. If they could have gotten a stop after they closed it to 27-17 it might have gotten interesting, but they just couldn't get off the field. Let Dobbs play the rest of the season and please never put Penisman on the field again. Have to win 3 of the last 4 to make me happy though.

That was an interesting game to watch. I kept waiting for Bama to go for the jugular, and they never did. That was the first Third Saturday in October that has interested me in some time.

gilstein21

Auburn and Cal schedule a home and home series for 2019 and 2020. Would have preferred UCLA or USC, but it's a fresh matchup at least.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
OOC matchups between any of the BCS conferences is cool. Although, at this point, Cal isn't much of a step up from Auburn playing the likes of UAB or Southern Miss, etc.

Wooly

Nah b, Cal is fairly decent
It's kind of year to year with them, isn't it. You never know what Cal team you will get when you schedule more more 3-4 years out with them. They have had some strong and decent teams, but they have had some bad teams too, even with the same coach and same era. Some teams have definite bad and good eras, usually the same with any particular coach. Tedford was the winningest coach in Cal history, but his teams were Jekyl and Hyde depending on the year and even the week. Then of course, they surprise you. I don't think most people were expecting Cal to be much good this year, maybe below average at best. So far they seem at least average, and they might even be above average when it all settles out. I remember a few years ago Cal surprisingly beat Oregon with a strong DL effort (2010?). They can beat and compete with really good teams, and then they can be a trainwreck...in the same season.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They lost to Oregon 15-13 but they played them tighter than anyone that year, outside of Auburn, obviously.

R2D2

I still like the Sonny Dykes hire by them, and so far he hasn't really disappointed. Cal practically almost beat Arizona, and UCLA. Sucks their schedule is rough now though. They have Oregon State, USC, Stanford, and BYU. I only see them possibly winning 2/4.

Wooly

They lost to Oregon 15-13 but they played them tighter than anyone that year, outside of Auburn, obviously.

Yeah, I guess they lost, but I remember being shocked how well they played Oregon, back when Oregon was just about unbeatable. That is Cal for you, they can play with anyone or no one on any given week.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
that is misleading doe....
Gurley also gets tuition, room and board as well as meals provided. Probably free clothing and god knows what else.
He is 'making' ~$30,000/yr

don't get me wrong; he is still vastly underpaid for the value that he produces to the university, but to imply that he has only earned 1.5k/yr is just wrong

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
http://grantland.com/features/mike-leach-connor-halliday-washington-state-cougars/

And yet even as things improved between the coach and the quarterback, the team’s suffering has endured: The Cougars lost their opener this season, 41-38, to Rutgers (Halliday threw for 532 yards and five touchdowns); they lost to Oregon, 38-31, partly due to a terrible pass-interference call (Halliday threw for 436 yards and four touchdowns); and they lost to Cal, 60-59, when their kicker missed a 19-yard field goal in the final seconds (Halliday threw for an NCAA-record 734 yards and six touchdowns). Taken as a whole, it has to be one of the most incredible runs of statistical prowess and ignominious defeat that any quarterback has ever endured...

...But that’s not the way Halliday’s career has gone. For most of its existence, Washington State has been a moribund program in search of a lifeline, and in 2012, after spending two seasons in exile in Key West following his controversial departure from Texas Tech, Leach was hired to become that lifeline, inheriting Halliday from the Paul Wulff regime. Halliday has become a transitional player, the quarterback who will beget other quarterbacks and who will someday be remembered — presuming Leach succeeds at Washington State the way he did at Texas Tech — as the guy behind all the other guys.
All of which, I suppose, is a fancy way of saying that Halliday has spent his college career learning how to endure suffering.
“To be honest,” he says, “the timing of my college career just kind of sucks.”

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeaaaahhhhh we are on our way to an all-SEC final 4 now. Everything that ESPN, er, I mean, the SEC network, could hope for.

Brick

Ville gon win and Oregon gon lose Saturday. Lock since I'm there.#solipsism.

SEC, motherfuckers.