• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Bowl Thread - Lucky Man

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
On a more fun note, that game yesterday will be one I remember for the rest of my life. It was the first Michigan game my son was really into. He was probably more nervous and more excited than I was at the end. He has never really been that interested in football, but that might be changing. He is still all excited today, asking about getting t-shirts/jerseys/etc. It's really cool and fun.

That said, I am little concerned about how crushed he'll be if Michigan loses next Monday...

Mame YO

slings rocks
Why are you switching between passing offense and passing efficiency?
I quickly looked at the ncaa.com stats from my phone and didn’t see passing efficiency on the scrolly thing so I just did passing offense instead. It isn’t a conspiracy. I see it on there now, it’s whatever. It doesn’t really change the argument overall given how anemic B1G offenses have been overall this year.
Here's the deal: you are a pariah on here because you just say a bunch of stupid shit and bring everything back to Oregon. If your point from the beginning had been that Washington is a new challenge for Michigan's secondary with their depth, that's totally true.
That’s literally my point.
Saying MICHIGAN AIN'T PLAYED NOBODY makes you sound like a brain-dead talk radio caller. And you say shit like that all the time. Then bringing Oregon into every fucking conversation. We get it; you're a fan. Bringing up last year's Oregon team to prove that Michigan's secondary is going to struggle against Washington ... I don't even know where to start. And now you're cherry picking the best stats to fit your narrative, leaving off the fact that Michigan just put the 12th best passing efficiency offense in a body bag.
I’m not the only person who noticed that B1G defensive stats are skewed by how bad the offenses are in general. I think you’re projecting here. Idk how many times I have to qualify my statements for you’ll not to just go straight into bashing me as a moron.

And when it comes to bringing up Oregon I only brought up last year’s team to underline a point about DB depth specifically. Gonzalez was a pretty good DB, wasn’t he? It’s easy as a fan of a team to refer back to that team for reference because I’m familiar with them. It’s not even about Oregon, I never said anything about Oregon having a better passing defense or anything I simply used them as a reference point which I think is fair since they’ve played UW 3 times in 2 years. I was just trying to illustrate my point with a real world example that I’m familiar with. Idk maybe if ya’ll weren’t so busy jumping down my throat you’d notice that I’ve basically said that same thing that you just did, and I’m also rooting for the same team you are next week. Take yes for an answer. I’m just trying to talk footbaw while there is still footbaw to talk about.
The other thing is that Michigan's secondary is definitely the most talented Washington has seen. Both of their safeties are going to be drafted; Moore is more talented and might edge into the first round if he runs well at the combine. Will Johnson is among the best cover corners in the country. Our nickel isn't shut down in coverage, but he's an All-American for a reason. Our second corner, Wallace, is definitely a weak spot in comparison, but he's a 5th year senior who is unlikely to have a coverage bust. The issues that Michigan has had in coverage have been more at the linebacker level. I don't feel great about this matchup because playing robo QB with mobility is the hardest thing you can do. But Michigan has done fine against better passing attacks (OSU in 2021 and 2022) with this defensive scheme and many of the same defensive players.
I think these are all reasons to be optimistic. I agree. Youre talking to the guy that constantly says that talent is generally predictive, and if you have the horses you have the horses. I’m not intimately familiar with the draft prospects of every kid on Michigan’s roster. Like I said, I’m just skeptical about the statistical profile coming out of the B1G with half the teams in the league having top defenses on paper.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
On a more fun note, that game yesterday will be one I remember for the rest of my life. It was the first Michigan game my son was really into. He was probably more nervous and more excited than I was at the end. He has never really been that interested in football, but that might be changing. He is still all excited today, asking about getting t-shirts/jerseys/etc. It's really cool and fun.

That said, I am little concerned about how crushed he'll be if Michigan loses next Monday...
FcEQHsMX0AUXhuM.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

Who gonna be the first to have a son on nutopia?

Skeeter

Uber felon
Have you seen what they've done to SEC shorts? They were barely funny to begin with but now they're just cringe.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Some wayyyy too early title odds for next year. Since it’s a 12 team playoff, maybe we get something along these lines. Looks FUN

And here is the next handful of teams.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Aside from Ole Miss, of which I am firmly on da LANE TRAIN, Utah has been getting some hype with Rising’s return but they’re also losing a lot of guys. Arizona should be getting more hype imo. No idea why A&M’s odds are so high, they lost basically that entire #1 class they had via the portal and have a new corch.

coogrfan

Can someone explain to me why the NCAA has opted to have the FCS Championship game on Sunday opposite a full slate of NFL games?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is this really starting at 6:30 cst? It always seems like they start late at like 830