• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wk 3, next ADV Sun noon

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
User vs User

Texas State vs SDSU
ODU vs Wyoming
Nevada vs Navy
Air Force vs Tulsa

CPU
Ark State vs Troy
Fresno St vs California
GSU vs West Virginia

Bye

UMass

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
And the first casualty is @RedRaider10 "cacapoopoo1" who quit after our game.

After I scored on a corner route to my TE I get a "can you stop throwing so many corner routes". My answer was "stop playing 100% man to man". Now I ran for over 250 yds and only threw about 12 passes. Of those 12 passes there were probably half where someone was running a corner route. Is that excessive? Don't think so. He ran inside zone against my paper thin DL all game and it didn't bother me.

Note to the league. If it's not an exploit then all play calling is pretty much free game.

Sorry to see you go @RedRaider10.

Akecheta

7b9d347153627cc560390f67201468a4.jpg

Not the best weave I've ever done, but smoking a bacon explosion today. Applewood chips.

bluejay13

@JHawkJohn hey man just for future reference to help you out. Wait for me to pick my offensive play before you a pick a defensive one. After I pick my play it will show the personnel grouping I am bringing in to the game so you can then pick a defense formation that fits better to counter my play. I felt dirty bringing in 5 wide receivers when you had a goal line defense in. On this board we believe competition breeds success so we want you to get better as a player. Also go check out the strategy discussion boards because we have some users that not quite a bit that you could take in and expand your football IQ.

If you have any scheme questions feel free to ask anyone on the board!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
once in a game or the whole season @bruin228

Looking at the rules as they stand right now, there's no rule against restarts so I don't even know why you've been pestering people.

Knowing our OD history on this site, it's typically 1 restart per season. Considering I've had 2 user games beforehand, this would be my first possible restart. I can have that notarized and mailed to you if you want.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
It's not in the rules, but we probably should have some rule in regard to restarts.

Something along the lines of one restart is free, and anything after that requires a picture or video.

Akecheta

My question is this, like in my case, unless its a user game I don't "schedule" my game play. I could be pulled away for any number of things. Why do restarts matter unless its clear that your doing it only to get the W's? Unless its actually hanging up the advances I don't see how it really matters.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
My question is this, like in my case, unless its a user game I don't "schedule" my game play. I could be pulled away for any number of things. Why do restarts matter unless its clear that your doing it only to get the W's? Unless its actually hanging up the advances I don't see how it really matters.

It's an integrity thing. Don't think that I'm questioning your integrity, because I'm not. This kind of rule used to be, and still is in some leagues, a fairly common rule.

When you have to drop your controller to help your wife can you not pause and come back later? I've done that before, come back 2 hours later and it was fine.

Akecheta

I can pause it, but I have 4 kids 2 of which don't get the concept of Dad will come back to that. Since we have the one Xbox and its in the living room I'd rather turn it off and get out of my profile before they start messing around. I mean it is what it is and I'll try to comply if that's what needs to happen.

I've quit games I was up 14 in almost as much as I've quit them I was down by 14 LOL, trust me there is nothing worse than being up 7 to 14 points and pausing it to run to the store real quick getting back and having my wife or kids watching Netflix. So I just quit asking them to please not touch it LMAO.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I can pause it, but I have 4 kids 2 of which don't get the concept of Dad will come back to that. Since we have the one Xbox and its in the living room I'd rather turn it off and get out of my profile before they start messing around. I mean it is what it is and I'll try to comply if that's what needs to happen.

I've quit games I was up 14 in almost as much as I've quit them I was down by 14 LOL, trust me there is nothing worse than being up 7 to 14 points and pausing it to run to the store real quick getting back and having my wife or kids watching Netflix. So I just quit asking them to please not touch it LMAO.

I hear you. I usually play at night when they are in bed and my youngest kid is 7 so they don't "need Dad" as much.

You're a good guy so I'm not going to bust your balls, but just try and do the best you can.

Akecheta

I hear you. I usually play at night when they are in bed and my youngest kid is 7 so they don't "need Dad" as much.

You're a good guy so I'm not going to bust your balls, but just try and do the best you can.

Roger that, one thing I promise is that if I do quit and restart its not about the W and L if it was I wouldn't have lost to the CPU in this league or the Powerhouse league :grin: