• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

I think this is the 4th or 5th time we've asked this....

5 or 10 passing accuracy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I suppose one more time won't hurt.

If you had a gun to my head I would pick 10, but I honestly don't care. This is just for info purposes for the commish @Walter323. He can choose to take onboard or ignore.

My biggest concern is losing members for a game that is hard to find good replacements.

bluejay13

5 QB is one of the best sliders we have in this dynasty. I may not throw the ball a ton but my starting QBs through the years average 80% completion percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If the person who throws the ball more than anyone doesn't want to raise the QB accuracy, that should tell you something.

LEGEND

I vote 10 and turn coverage up or something along those lines. I don't want to play a game of screen passes! I have one screen I absolutely love and I throw it once or twice a season!

I have my fun creating my own routes... It's no fun watching those routes work perfectly and never being able to complete them! If this was deep routes I could understand... But I can't hit routes between 5-15 yds to wide open or uncovered wr's!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
After giving it more thought - and labbing - I revoke my comments re: QBA. The devil you know. If Bruin is unstoppable now, imagine him at 10.

oh-god dot gif

Sorry if I was coming off as smug, I wasn't intending to. I was just frustrated you were calling my play un sim and I was simply trying to explain my opposition to raising QBA.

Last edited:

Akecheta

Serious question since I'm new to the board here, what all went in to making the sliders the way they are? Is there a way we could maybe mess with the QBA/Defensive sliders in an attempt to bring its current members into a more competitive environment?

Just a thought

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
BTW....in NCAA 2010-2014, I was a one back air raid team, when we talked about going to 5 accuracy, i fought against it hard, but accepted it to get some defense in the game. I adapted to a spread, as if I wanted to win, i had to make the adjustment.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Serious question since I'm new to the board here, what all went in to making the sliders the way they are? Is there a way we could maybe mess with the QBA/Defensive sliders in an attempt to bring its current members into a more competitive environment?

Just a thought

We had about a dozen guys lab and test the game over a few seasons in a trial OD. Our results showed bumping coverage up was OP for picks (3-5 per game). The numbers with QBA 5 looks realistic on paper. It's the gameplay part that's crazy. You can go one game 20-24 throwing all kinds of concepts. You can go 5-15 the next game against the same defense.

It's a pick your poison kind of thing. I also believe we made these sliders prior to any patches, so that could have had a negative affect. I can't say that for certain though.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Sorry if I was coming off as smug, I wasn't intending to. I was just frustrated you were calling my play un sim and I was simply trying to explain my opposition to raising QBA.

It's all good. For the record, I wasn't claiming you were playing in a non-sim way. In fact, you play the air raid pretty much straight up. What I was inaccurately trying to convey at midnight was the disparity between offenses. With that said, a large portion of it has to do with my specific scheme vs. your D, but the QBA didn't help last night. Vs. the CPU, I'm fine. I'll just have to play a bit differently vs. users.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The accuracy has always been too high. I remember the first week the game came out, I was running a Washington State dynasty to test things and I was putting the QBA at 0 at some points to try to get a more realistic completion percentage.

Akecheta

We had about a dozen guys lab and test the game over a few seasons in a trial OD. Our results showed bumping coverage up was OP for picks (3-5 per game). The numbers with QBA 5 looks realistic on paper. It's the gameplay part that's crazy. You can go one game 20-24 throwing all kinds of concepts. You can go 5-15 the next game against the same defense.

It's a pick your poison kind of thing. I also believe we made these sliders prior to any patches, so that could have had a negative affect. I can't say that for certain though.

With that said I know I'm the new guy, but what would it hurt to try and adjust a few things up ever so slightly in an attempt to make the league as competitive as possible.

Akecheta

Honestly, the best way to make it more competitive is to either recruit better or start over the OD.

I also need to talk to you about your offense.

That brings up something else entirely. I read on OS that on occasion they save the rosters and then start the OD over to get everyone on the same page with coaches Xp. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one not getting it. how does that work?

I've got football practice to coach tonight but I can play/lab/discuss anytime after 10EST tonight and tomorrow. Saturday I'm real busy but Sunday I can play some too.