• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055-2056 WBL Winter Meetings in Scania, Sweden!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
2055-2056 WBL Winter Meetings in Scania, Sweden!

The WBL would like to invite all fake baseball enthusiasts to Helsingborg, Sweden, for the 116th annual Baseball Winter Meetings.

Screenshot-2014-01-28-09.31.09.jpg

GM QUALANDRO SHAW looking over his kingdom

As you build your baseball dynasty, visit the relics of ancient dynasties: the Karan and Sofiero Castles. Or visit the City Center for some wonderful views!

In Helsingborg the sea is never far away. Salty spray and sand between your toes are part of everyday life during the summer months. But also during the rest of the year you can find a wide variety of culture, food, sport and experiences in Helsingborg.

hamn_1_large.jpg

Or hop in a hover boat and experience two countries in one day! Helsingborg is right across the sound from Helsingor, Denmark. Enjoy famous castles, magnificent gardens, white sandy beaches, exciting shopping, rich cultural life and lots more. Everything you could wish for is within easy reach - and you can experience two countries in one day - it´s unique! There is such a special atmosphere here it cannot be described in words - it simply has to be experienced! Grab a friend GM and have a great time!

A joint collaboration between GM Rad and GM Doh, Minor League Baseball, World League Baseball and their affiliated parties will gather at the 116th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

For six event-packed days, the host hotel will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the WBL Job Fair, presented by the ULG; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala. This year, the Workshop Series will feature several interesting breakout sessions such as

Contract Bombs
This seminar walks owner-managers through a cutting edge strategy that has emerged in False Bay. Learn the secrets of GM JDLikeWhoa, who outbids contenders for top talent, then dumps the untradeable contracts on rebuilding teams like Miami to hamstring them for years to come!

Anger Management 201
In this second year course, GM Wolfmad21 again will try to teach manager-owners how to win the WBL by not getting mad, all while trying to hide his own secret anger issues.

Swedish Master Race
How QUALANDRO SHAW consistently contends while constructing a roster of home-grown Swedes through the draft and trade.

Fake Baseball? Fake Money
This session covers the disturbing emergence of gambling around and within the WBL.

Managing Your Manager
Has battling your manager dragged your front office into a winter of discontent this offseason? GM OU-11 joins us to give owner-managers tips on how to control your manager while making them feel empowered.

First Is Last
GM WolfMad and GM QUALANDRO SHAW will field questions about how to weather first round exits after winning thousands of regular season games.

Finally, ESPSim will be attending the Winter Meetings to give an exclusive advance screening of their next 30 for 30 film. Grab an owner-manager friend and head to the Markus Perrson Room to watch the premier of this compelling new film!

ESPSim Presents 30 for 30: Proxy Wars: The Battle of Hamfisted Hill
Megacities Miami and Little Rock have long been geopolitical rivals. In this stunning tale of owner-manager collusion and pity, ESPSim investigates how eight successful GMs moonlit as Assistant GMs to assist Little Rock in a battle to the death with Miami. The reward: bragging rights for whoever sucked slightly less.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
All suggestions can be sent to

WBL Advanced Media, L.P.
75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011 USA

or just PM me around the close of the season.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The WBL would like to invite all fake baseball enthusiasts to Helsingborg, Sweden, for the 116th annual Baseball Winter Meetings.

A joint collaboration between GM Rad and GM Doh, Minor League Baseball, World League Baseball and their affiliated parties will gather at the 115th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

raw

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
North Dakota:

Wants:
-To get rid of the CHOKE GOATS
-0.5-1 WAR projected 4th outfielder with RHB/ or good split against LHP and positive intangibles
- prospects
- Elite young MIF unicorn on 490k, I've got the ammo to pull this off, just show me the unicorn.

Needs:
None, the riggers need nothing because they are a team of DOMINANCE. DECADES OF DOMINANCE coming ur way. Time for another regular season banner and 1st round loss.

Available:
All CHOKE GOATS

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@osick87 I tried to sign Thu to an extension while the WS was going on and exported but it doesn't look like it took. Are you doing the sim tonight? If so, could you let me know when you do it so I can make sure I've exported correctly?

jdlikewhoa

@osick87 I tried to sign Thu to an extension while the WS was going on and exported but it doesn't look like it took. Are you doing the sim tonight? If so, could you let me know when you do it so I can make sure I've exported correctly?
Not signing him to a massive deal might be the best thing that happened. If @doh doesn't get back to me soon then you'll be in luck

osick87

Community Liaison

That was a dumb time to do it.

TonyGin&Juice

That was a dumb time to do it.

It's well established I'm a moron but can you explain why? I thought I had exported it earlier in the day too but I'm paranoid and upload multiple times and did during the WS just to "be safe".

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's well established I'm a moron but can you explain why? I thought I had exported it earlier in the day too but I'm paranoid and upload multiple times and did during the WS just to "be safe".
If you export while he is simming it won't take.

osick87

Community Liaison
Sorry meant to explain but needed to shower for work.

Dumb was likely too harsh. Poorly timed is more apt.

TonyGin&Juice

I'm looking for some cash again. Anyone interested in moving up in the 1st round (1-7)? Also, I'd be willing to swap 1st AND give you a 2057 2nd (2-HELS) for anyone willing to take on Mike "Hammer" Harris.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If someone gives me their ticket price setting voodoo magic I'll reward them with a pick, I know I need to increase since my attendance was pretty high despite average prices, but idk how much.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If someone gives me their ticket price setting voodoo magic I'll reward them with a pick, I know I need to increase since my attendance was pretty high despite average prices, but idk how much.

What were your FI and ticket prices last year? You were 12th in season ticket sales (30.9M) and 3rd in gate revenue (38.9M) and your attendance was 8th, which is about where it should be given your record... My guess is your ticket prices were just about right because your total revenue reflected your general position in the league.

I had mine at $24 and was between 78-84 fan interest. I was 6th in season ticket revenue (42M) and 6th in gate revenue (38.4M) despite having the highest attendance in the league. I definitely could have benefited from higher ticket prices, given how things shook out with me being in 1st place most of the season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
To me it looks good to me based on last year, but if you have high fan interest right now coming off the world series it probably wouldn't hurt to bump it up a couple bucks and make the most off season ticket sales excitement. $25-$30 seems to be a good range for 80-95 fan interest.

I just bumped mine to $25.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So are you on the road to .500 or road to tank land? Why you moving all your good players?