• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2024: The Offseason Thread

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
So we didn't get Howard, but we got our own Jayden!

Apparently Jayden Maiava no longer wanted to BEAR EBEL, but wanted to BEAT ROJAN instead. Good pickup, instant QB controversy. Miller Moss has earned the QB1 spot for now, but it will be interesting now that the QB room has another proven commodity.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
deadman simpin for mcBUM like speight or whoever that BUM was

Probably Rudock!

McBum was an above average QB. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t awful either. OSU fans acting like he was terrible and expecting better QB play this year with their QB room are idiots. And I’m enjoying OSU fans freak out because they don’t have a first round QB for the first time in a decade or so.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I mean, there's a kernel of truth in that. Successful corches in the pre-NIL, and before that, the pre-easy transfer era won in large part by keeping their CUPBOARD STOCKED and basically just out-talenting everyone they played.

The advent of the transfer portal and NIL have leveled the playing field a lot more. Sure, the richer programs will still prosper, but every 5-star or even 4-star recruit who doesn't get a starting job right away is much more likely to take their talents elsewhere because the goal is still THE SHIELD and you can't get there riding the bench for 3 years.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

every 5-star or even 4-star recruit who doesn't get a starting job right away is much more likely to take their talents elsewhere because the goal is still THE SHIELD and you can't get there riding the bench for 3 years.
This is exactly what REGGIE is trying to say

Bama can't load up on 5 to 4 stars 2 deep at every position anymore because those 2nd string 5 star kids can get more playing time and perhaps equal or greater NIL money elsewhere

Obviously this doesn't level the playing field for schools like Tulane, but it definitely helps a mid major like Oregon

Mame YO

slings rocks
Absolutely yes, though, NIL makes it so instead of only 4-5 teams having the talent pool to realistically have a shot every year it’s more like 10-15. I still feel like a 12 team playoff is a lot but it’s pretty unlikely that deserving teams will get left out, at least. They need to drop the G5 autobid though imo.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Probably Rudock!

McBum was an above average QB. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t awful either. OSU fans acting like he was terrible and expecting better QB play this year with their QB room are idiots. And I’m enjoying OSU fans freak out because they don’t have a first round QB for the first time in a decade or so.
I think it's routinely getting top 5 crooting classes yet still somehow being stuck with mcBUM, who in addition to seeming very mediocre in the pocket is about as mobile as I am

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Washington would have the second best corch in the BIG again, but damn, I would feel bad for Kansas

Mame YO

slings rocks
re: parity

With Nick Saban retiring, every team involved in the carousel *most likely* got worse.

Would you rather face Bama with Saban, or DeBoer? Washington with DeBoer or Fisch? Arizona with Fisch or (random coordinator)?

Plus every one of these teams is losing players to the portal. Even if Fisch raids Arizona's roster and manages to bring a chunk of those guys with him, UW is probably still worse off overall. Jabbar leaving UW, their portal haul re-entering the portal, HS croots decommitting... ouch. Bama is loaded almost no matter what happens but losing players like Isaiah Bond and Dezz Ricks (both probably going to Texas) stings. Arizona goes from being a dark horse playoff contender to most likely missing bowl eligibility if they do see the mass exodus that many are expecting.

Moral of the story: losing a corch in the transfer portal era is fucking bad lol. It's always been bad, but it's going to feel like a borderline death penalty to a team like Arizona. It's not likely to go well for UW either, especially if Fisch has some success and then bolts for Florida.

Mame YO

slings rocks
this guy is easily the most important player on Alabama’s roster imo. If he goes it will be very bad for DeBoer, could be the start of a domino effect.

He was also recruited by Ohio state and Georgia out of high school. tOSU already has so much coming back, plz god no. @Skeeter

Mame YO

slings rocks
tbh with as much as you'll are returning, especially if Harbaugh goes to the Chargers, tOSU is probably already #1 in ma'POWER RANKINGS for the B1G. I think a lot of folks were surprised to see so many draft eligible players decide to return for you'll.

Skeeter

Uber felon
tbh with as much as you'll are returning, especially if Harbaugh goes to the Chargers, tOSU is probably already #1 in ma'POWER RANKINGS for the B1G. I think a lot of folks were surprised to see so many draft eligible players decide to return for you'll.
The oline needs some desperate improvement but no other glaring weak spots. Hard not to get a little excited.

bruin

Keegan Jones is returning to UCLA. He put his name in the portal a month ago, but decided to come back.

This gives the Bruins a damn good nucleus at RB with TJ Harden, Keegan Jones and true Freshman from St. John Bosco Cameron Jones.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Rumors are going around that Fifita and TMac are staying at Arizona lol. Multiple folks claiming SOURCEZ. Big, if true. Maybe a good sign for Arizona for the rest of the roster?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Keegan Jones is returning to UCLA. He put his name in the portal a month ago, but decided to come back.

This gives the Bruins a damn good nucleus at RB with TJ Harden, Keegan Jones and true Freshman from St. John Bosco Cameron Jones.

Cam Jones a beast. Big Skip Hicks energy.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Klatt tombout next season:

IMG_2003.jpeg

I think a lot of folks are a bit too excited about Utah because of Rising coming back, but their schedule is weak af so they could make the playoff. They lost a lot of players though. To me to me if they make the playoff they’re going to run up against a team like ole Miss that will murder them.

ND has a new QB going into next year idk. KLATT always likes teams like ND and PSU so grain assault IMO.

As far as teams outside his top 10, he talked mad shit about CRISTOBUM lol. “Miami is always super talented but they tend to underperform!” lol.

Other honorable mentions included Missouri, Tennessee (contingent on QB play).

Mame YO

slings rocks
I wasn’t really posting much when jar was around so I honestly missed whatever happened with him. That bad huh?