• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 6 Thread - Out of Time

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I mean they run so many plays on offense so I guess the defense can afford to take off sometimes.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The lineages here are amazing,
The Grandsons of actor dick Van Dyke and Singer Stevie NIcks, the sons of billy mays and jeff daniels, the heirs to Wegmans grocery store chain and KFC fast fast food empires. Topping the list is the son of Michael Penix Sr.
Can't forget the heir to the Dart plastic and styrofoam cup empire!

Mame YO

slings rocks
The B1G schedules are out - 9 conference games 4 non conference? 13 game schedule confirmed?

Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State, Washington
Road: Michigan, Purdue, UCLA, Wisconsin

Home: Indiana, Minnesota, USC, Wisconsin
Road: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers, Washington

Home: Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, UCLA, Washington
Road: Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, USC

Home: Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue
Road: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, UCLA, Washington

Home: Illinois, Michigan State, Rutgers, USC, Washington
Road: Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin

Mame YO

slings rocks
Is it normal to only have 13 home conference games in 3 years?
I’m assuming they are going to pitch this as being okay assuming it evens out over the 5 year cycle?

Edit: Although for Oregon home/away is balanced 4 home games then 5 then 4, etc.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I’m assuming they are going to pitch this as being okay assuming it evens out over the 5 year cycle?

Edit: Although for Oregon home/away is balanced 4 home games then 5 then 4, etc.
Could also just play 10 conference games and 2 tune ups against directional state schools to fund smaller ADs in states

Brick

Could also just play 10 conference games and 2 tune ups against directional state schools to fund smaller ADs in states
at least 10% of boomer/clownzano commentary is about big small school paydays against major conference teams, especially when they win. it's the IF uR GeTtIng A RefUnD on TaXes ur DoIng iT wRoNg AcTualLy of college football. O RALLY?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Well, the fine dining of Mexican cuisine of San Diego just doesn’t hold a candle to Eugene thinks PREHM.
Seriously. Get this guy some carne asada fries and he’ll swear off Oregon forever, based on his figure.

This guy is a goon. I feel like he asked about pizza here before too. Or one of those donks did.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The B1G schedules are out - 9 conference games 4 non conference? 13 game schedule confirmed?

Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State, Washington
Road: Michigan, Purdue, UCLA, Wisconsin

Home: Indiana, Minnesota, USC, Wisconsin
Road: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers, Washington

Home: Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, UCLA, Washington
Road: Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, USC

Home: Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue
Road: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, UCLA, Washington

Home: Illinois, Michigan State, Rutgers, USC, Washington
Road: Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin

BART SCOTT for the 5-way tie!

Mame YO

slings rocks
Knowing AP voters/playoff committee, whichever undefeated team loses in the B1G championship gets knocked down below the other undefeated teams that didn’t play in the ccg and then misses a playoff spot.

I was thinking about similar scenarios with multiple 1 loss teams where it might be better to be the 3rd or even 4th highest ranked team in the conference and avoid the ccg because it gives you a more likely path to the playoff. Whoever loses the ccg in that scenario ends up with 2 losses and falls to the bottom of the pack in the rankings.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
F7wxAb4WcAA3nge