• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 2 Thread - New Sensation

bruin

Live, baby, live
now that the day is over
I got a new sensation
in perfect moments
that's impossible to refuse

We're back. After a electric opening weekend we're rumbling on to Week 2. Gameday is heading to Tuscaloosa for a huge showdown between two of the sports biggest powers as Texas comes to town. A light slate on Thursday night as THE SHIELD makes its return. Crank some INXS and lets enjoy this short week, bros. Live, baby, live.

Notable matchups:
Illinois at Kansas, 4:30 PT - ESPN 2 (Friday)
Notre Dame at North Carolina State, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
#12 Utah at Baylor, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
Nebraska at # 22 Colorado, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
#20 Ole Miss at # 24 Tulane, 12:30 PT - CBS
Texas A&M at Miami, 12:30 PT - ABC
Iowa at Iowa State, 12:30 PT - FOX
SMU at #18 Oklahoma, 3:00 PT - ESPN PLUS
#11 Texas at # 3 Alabama, 4:00 PT - ESPN
# 13 Oregon at Texas Tech, 4:00 PT - FOX
# 19 Wisconsin at Washington State, 4:30 PT - ABC
Arizona at Mississippi State, 4:30 PT - SEC NETWORK
UCLA at San Diego State, 4:30 PT - CBS
Stanford at # 6 USC, 7:30 PT - FOX
Auburn at California, 7:30 PT - ESPN
Oklahoma State at Arizona State, 7:30 PT - FS1

Rankings will be updated once the new polls are released.

Last edited:

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Only in Ohio is the whole subject line about Prime, and then the person is asking for people's thoughts on Ryan Day.

Bud that is two separate questions.

Also, FFS Ohio State will be fine, you don't even know what the season will look like by the time you face Michigan. People were worried when Stroud looked a little pedestrian as a RS-FR too and he was great. Take it from someone who doesn't even know what a good offense looks like anymore.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
tMpQdgA.gif

Skeeter

Uber felon
Only in Ohio is the whole subject line about Prime, and then the person is asking for people's thoughts on Ryan Day.

Bud that is two separate questions.

Also, FFS Ohio State will be fine, you don't even know what the season will look like by the time you face Michigan. People were worried when Stroud looked a little pedestrian as a RS-FR too and he was great. Take it from someone who doesn't even know what a good offense looks like anymore.
Fans are gonna fan

CJ_24

Bama-Tejas, Badgers-Cougars, Canes-DADDY, PRIME-Braska, and The battle of Iowa. I feel this Saturday in mah bones

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy

AMAZING HOW THIS HAPPENS

(Pretty sure this is throwing shade at Ryan Walters when he claimed the Illini who got drafted as "his guys.")

coogrfan

...Dexter wasn't aware of a clause in a bad NIL deal he signed. The alleged clause says that he'll owe 15% of his pre-tax NFL earnings for 25 years! So for $436,485, the NIL deal, he stands to lose a lot more.

:banderas:

CJ_24

I can't imagine the number of atholetes who are getting conned in these NIL deals. Naturally, the schools will do the most they can to take advantage of these kids' talents while doing very little to actually help them. These schools and the ncaa are fucking bankrupt

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I can't imagine the number of atholetes who are getting conned in these NIL deals. Naturally, the schools will do the most they can to take advantage of these kids' talents while doing very little to actually help them. These schools and the ncaa are fucking bankrupt
What is ur legal opinion of someone NOT BEING AWARE OF A CLAUSE

CJ_24

Depends on the enforceability of said clause and the circumstances surrounding the signing of said contract. As well as the laws of the state governing said contract.

Assuming dis K is enforceable, just because it's legal doesn't mean the schools shouldn't be aware that they're angling a bunch of "I ain't come here to play school" dudes out for the NIL sharks to rip them off. The schools should be proactive about protecting the kids who make these schools millions of dollars by playing for these schools on teevee

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Pay them kids but also exploit them kids is a wild take.
Illiterate college kids at the best ACKademik skoo don't need protection from the words of a predatory contract

How did I know not to sign up for all those awesome credit cards that came with FREE GATA t shirt and a 35 percent interest rate