• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 10 Thread - (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Mame YO

slings rocks
idk to me to me if Ohio State had a QB I don't think it would even be a question that they're the best team frfr

I agree with @bruin except swap FSU and Georgia. Whoever wins the B1G and PAC is in assuming no upsets in the mix.

For Oregon, there isn't really a likely scenario where they make the conference shampionship let alone the playoff if they lose to USC because of tiebreakers so they really have to win out the regular season and make the CCG or the season is a bust. It's similar to 2014 for them.

Brick

their offense is DOG WATER even with harrison and their D wont be tested all year. it is their worst team in a while imo. they are one play against MID ready2roll from not being in the conversation.

Brick

i think the mizzou game is an interesting test for UGA but they annihilated florida and kentucky who were supposed to be at least competitive. they are easy #1 to me.

michigan has played no one but they have shown up every week. havent allowed more than 10 points. #2

washington and flazzu co #3 due to good wins (SQUAD/lsu) but both have laid an egg against bad teams (DILLY/bc). they are very dependent on good qb play.

then id put tOSU #5 because i just dont think they can keep up with the better offensive teams. we know nothing about their D.

all the 7-1 teams have a lot of HARD WORK WORK to do.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Idk when I watch Ohio state I see a team carried by their defense but idk I’m not gon’ die on that hill. I do think that with the talent they have on their roster that if they had a QB they’d be boat racing everybody doe. Idk how a team with so many CROOTS managed to miss on such a key position lol.

Brick

Idk when I watch Ohio state I see a team carried by their defense but idk I’m not gon’ die on that hill. I do think that with the talent they have on their roster that if they had a QB they’d be boat racing everybody doe. Idk how a team with so many CROOTS managed to miss on such a key position lol.
carried against whom? they havent played any offenses worth mentioning. they did the same thing last year then allowed 45 and 42 in their last 2 games. no good team is gonna fear a ryan day HARD NOSE d team based on anything but crootin stars. they will have to win a shootout and mccord has been a bum.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think Ohio State D is legit but if a team can shut down MASERATI MARV they have almost nothing else. McCord is a bum and Marv bails him out constantly.

The bigger question is still MEATCHICKEN. Have they played any team with a pulse yet? No. Penn State will be the first.

Mame YO

slings rocks
yeah, my argument is almost entirely just that their offense is terrible and their defense looks legit af to me. All the fake stats more or less agree for what it's worth but I get what you're saying. Hopefully Oregon will be the team putting up 45 or 42 in their last game of the year! :cool:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
carried against whom? they havent played any offenses worth mentioning. they did the same thing last year then allowed 45 and 42 in their last 2 games. no good team is gonna fear a ryan day HARD NOSE d team based on anything but crootin stars. they will have to win a shootout and mccord has been a bum.
Is OSU similar to the Michigan teams pre-2021? They are clearly really good, but they have some gaping holes that mean they are not quite up there with the best teams. This OSU team has a mediocre OL and QB. The defense is good, but it wasn't great against the only offense they've played with a pulse (Notre Dame).

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
i thought SMILING JAYDEN and his inconsistent play would get him benched by kelly for sure since he is a fickle hothead. didnt see it coming. HERM is a bit confused.

He was frustrating last year because he was inconsistent and very hesitant to throw downfield. So far this season, he’s really turned it up. He’s got the potential to put up numbers comparable to Joey Franchise.

Brick

Is OSU similar to the Michigan teams pre-2021? They are clearly really good, but they have some gaping holes that mean they are not quite up there with the best teams. This OSU team has a mediocre OL and QB. The defense is good, but it wasn't great against the only offense they've played with a pulse (Notre Dame).
i think it's more that we just dont know. a lot of these corches take a steep decline once they dont have ROBO QB to bail them out. what big games has tOSU won in recent years with day by relying on their D? hell, he made CRISTOBUM's career.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
i think it's more that we just dont know. a lot of these corches take a steep decline once they dont have ROBO QB to bail them out. what big games has tOSU won in recent years with day by relying on their D?

Against Penn State 2 weeks ago? But yes, you're right.

OSU had 3 straight first round QBs before McCord. Even with OSU's rivalzzzzz stars, you aren't going to hit on every 5 star. They were bound to have at least one shitty QB.

I don't know that it's a huge indictment on a coach to not be dominant without ROBO QB. The only coaches that have been consistently dominant without that QB are Saban and Smart (and arguably Harbaugh the last few years). Not every team can compete for a national title every single year. Most teams need to have everything perfect to win it all.

Brick

agreed but saban, smart, harbaugh are defensive corches/or can rely on HARD NOSE. look at bama this year, yeah, without good qb play they looked as vulerable as they have been in quite a while.

i wouldnt be as skeptical if they had a run game. they have talented guys but seems like they have been hurt all year.

Brick

I think we actually have a pretty clear picture rn

in a great spot if they don't majorly fuck up:
winner of Michigan-Ohio State is in as long as they only have 1 loss. both have a chance to get in again since there are so few 1 loss teams left already
Georgia is an auto-bid unless they lose 3
leaves 2 spots. maybe 1 if Ohio state/michigan only lose to hisselfs.
control destiny/small margin for error
bama will get in if they win out, or with 2 losses if they beat Georgia in CCG, they are in a great spot. they would get in over ohio state/michigan loser
flazzu or Washington can afford to lose 1 as long as they win CCG. Washington would get the nod if they both have 1 loss.

in a good spot if all the right things happen:
oregon is 100% in if they win out and beat Washington. if they win out and beat usc or OSU prolly more like 80%? pac-12 1 loss team will get in over flazzu 1 loss acc champ. Oregon is out with another loss (I think it's very unlikely they beat all of USC, OSU, TBD in CCG)

enormous long shot/they suck/need a lot of help
texas
oklahoma
- guys, okie state and Iowa state are a combined 8-2 in this trash league. texas/ou gonna play each other again. I guess if one of them runs the table they'll be under consideration (especially Texas since they beat bama). but I bet both drop at least 1 more game.

if they win out, sure, but they won't
penn state
ole miss
mizzou

if they win out (they won't) will get snubbed
tha ville

only current 2 loss team with a chance
LSU

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
I still worry a bit about the USC game despite their defense because if it turns into a medium/high scoring type game that’s tight in the 4th it could come down to just who has the ball last type situation and their offense is still really potent. It’ll be at home and I’m reasonably confident but it’s definitely possible that the ducks lose.

I was there in 2011.

I feel pretty good about the civil war and the rest of the schedule though.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
didn't realize how poorly that photo is framed. BUM. leaving it

these Toledo alts pwn

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
it's never safe playing maction as some middling p5 team. Ask Georgia Tech!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I still worry a bit about the USC game despite their defense because if it turns into a medium/high scoring type game that’s tight in the 4th it could come down to just who has the ball last type situation and their offense is still really potent. It’ll be at home and I’m reasonably confident but it’s definitely possible that the ducks lose.

I was there in 2011.

I feel pretty good about the civil war and the rest of the schedule though.
1) Don't start getting ahead of it, Puddles will score 90
2) You gon get BEAV'D

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
TORRES is a beast. Hard to believe he was the backup

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lmao NIU ran a hook and lateral with one second left and the guy who caught the ball first immediately lateraled the ball forward

CJ_24

U have to forgive KIRK. He's jetlagged from being flown private every week to call two games and a TV show that no one wants to hear him do

Mame YO

slings rocks
Herbstreit has always low key been an Oregon homer despite being an Ohio state alumni doe. Might as well be Prehm.