• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Yeah I know they did back in the day because Cantona pretty much always more them I'm pretty sure. I'm talking about more recently, seems like They just don't have that option anymore or something.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Listening to this ManU game while I work from home. I only have 1 monitor at home and it is amazing how much harder "multi tasking" (ie Utopia/game/working) is without multiple monitors.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This is the best look :

flamini_1859273a.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Young just got decked by wes brown

Sunderland have 0 width. What happened to James Maclean?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wickham runs into the middle of nowhere, complains about not getting the ball, lol

NML

That was a really ugly second half.

Two games in and this ManU team looks nothing like a top four squad.

WingedHelmet

If Di Maria and Balotelli are both flops, and Costa won't score more than 10 goals, was there a good EPL signing this year other than Alexis Sanchez (who looked pretty shitty yesterday)?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Di Maria has an excellent record of assists, and an average amount of goals for a top tier winger. Everybody knows that at Real Madrid, assists are inflated because of the talent of the team. You just need to look at Ozil as a perfect example; he was a good buy at the price, but his stats were somewhat inflated. Di Maria is the same. Man United will be getting a very good winger who is perhaps world class, but they won't be getting someone who can change the team in the manner of Bale, Ronaldo, or Suarez. To that degree, he will be an absolute flop. He will improve Man United, but everyone will be talking about how his stats have nosedived, and how he is no longer the player that he was at Real.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If Di Maria and Balotelli are both flops, and Costa won't score more than 10 goals, was there a good EPL signing this year other than Alexis Sanchez (who looked pretty shitty yesterday)?
I don't think Alexis Sanchez is playing particularly well. I've also always claimed that Costa is actually a good fit for Mourinho. Di Maria and Balotelli will be flops.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also just been watching Di Maria's highlights on Youtube. He does the same sidestep trick every fucking time. Ryan Shawcross is going to take care of his legs on that one.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He played better as a CM last year than he ever did as a winger, IMO, and I had to watch a bunch of Real Madrid games because my wife. He also played a CM for Argentina. DiMaria is a bit of a twink, which I obviously hate, but he has great burst and acceleration and would likely score very high in the F3Cone drill. His athleticism, in that regard, causes defenders a ton of problems.

osick87

Community Liaison
I get the ManCity tiny puber fans confused. I thought Yankee151 was enforcing his own post.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also Di Maria was originally a center mid before hayvis ever knew he existed, at Benfica. It's the same formation I masturbate to at least once a day, the coveted 4-1-3-2 that the Czechs originally ran and the Greeks cheated their way against in Euro 2004. Di Maria was/is one of the best midfield runners in the game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
There is no way that he plays in the centre in the Premier League. He's too lightweight, and will get crushed. I expect that most of the time he was moved out for this reason.

You're really just ranting on about nothing. It's like saying Thierry Henry was a winger, or that Gareth Bale is a left back. You're just trying to sound clever.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Next you'll be telling me to stop proving that Di Maria is a winger, which will completely derail the thread.

You English people and your desire to fit everyone into a nice square box. DiMaria is like the Darren Sproles of Soccer and you Engerlish don't like him because of that. Sproles doesn't fit as a typical RB or a typical WR like DiMaria doesn't fit as a typical winger or a typical midfielder. Instead of recognizing his versatility and productivity from multiple positions as an asset, it breaks your feeble/rigid English minds; just like Sproles breaks the minds of NASHNUL FOOTBAW trogs. I don't give a fuck what "position" you want to call Sproles/DiMaria, they are great/productive players, and that's what should really matter.

Don't get me wrong, he's certainly capable of playing as a winger, I just think he's better in an attacking/creative central midfield role. His best performances (for Argentina or RM last year) came from a more central midfield spot where he served as a playmaker/runner. I just think he creates more matchup problems as a central midfielder than he does playing on the wing. I still see his versatility as a bonus. You put him on the field wherever you have room and he'll be a dangerous attacking and play making option for you in that spot.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He's trolling trying to play the stupid 'I only get positions from FIFA' sthick. He know di Maria hasn't been a winger in years

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
When I was down in Orlando abit ago they have a full fledged soccer jersey shop. Was pretty cool. Almost got my son a mini-Turkey jersey. Also the mall right out by Disney is fucking packed with Ingerlanders.