• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 Week 8

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Sands and I are going to get ours done tonight. Then I've got two CPU games, then two human games, then a bye, CPU, bye. Looking forward to those two CPU games, I need to iron out some kinks in the system before those two user games. My offense is a fucking dumpster fire right now.

I really hope we can find a way to fix XP because I'm not totally sure I can survive this much longer. My team has zero depth and I'm getting owned in recruiting by damn near everyone.

Akecheta

So..... USC's RB Ali Rutledge is a piece of shit. I won but he singled handedly beat me left and right. the 13mph wind messing up the deep ball didn't help. QB threw 4 picks, but I was able to get them to 3rd and 5+ and that bastard RB would break 6 tackles and fall at the perfect spot for a first down LMAO

Oh well a win is a win and I'm on a mini roll.

Akecheta

I do have a recruiting question and I know that @Flanntastic is only using the 3 points he is allowed, but he is gaining 50 a week for one of the players we're in a battle for yet his bonus is only 20 greater than mine. Since I've never been in a battle with a User for a recruit until now I've never seen that before. I'm assuming we're both going 500 pts on him, shouldn't I only lose 20 per week? Last week was 55 and this week is 50. No biggie just curious (not making ANY accusations here either LOL)

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
So..... USC's RB Ali Rutledge is a piece of shit. I won but he singled handedly beat me left and right. the 13mph wind messing up the deep ball didn't help. QB threw 4 picks, but I was able to get them to 3rd and 5+ and that bastard RB would break 6 tackles and fall at the perfect spot for a first down LMAO

Oh well a win is a win and I'm on a mini roll.

lol USC gave me all sorts of trouble. That team is GOOD. Took me 2 OT and some prayer.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska shuts out @SandS2910 and the #16 Louisville Cardinals 40-0. The Huskers had a lot of pent up frustration after the brutal home loss against Georgia and took it all out on Louisville. The Nebraska defense was lights out, holding UL to just 105 yards and 6 first downs. The Cardinals rushed for -1 yard on 12 carries and threw 11 of 30 for 106 yards and 7 interceptions. It felt like there were 25 defenders out there for Nebraska who simply dominated Louisville from the start.

The Husker offense wasn't very good, but held the ball nearly 21 of 28 minutes and managed to grind out 325 yards on 53 offensive snaps. NU ran 41 times for 246 yards and 3 TD and threw 8 of 12 for 79 yards. NU was just 4 of 11 on 3rd down and turned the ball over twice. Seth Mack might have seen his time as starting quarterback end as he started just 2 of 5 before being replaced by James Walker who started 5 of 5 before throwing an interception late in the game. HB Herb Poland ran 17 times for just 55 yards, mostly as a jet sweep runner or wildcat quarterback. Backup HB Mark Medlock didn't fare much better, running 10 times for 41 yards. Backup QB James Walker ran 7 times for 58 yards and 2 TD while receiver Will Holt ran 3 times for 85 yards including a 72 yard TD off a fly sweep.

Nebraska's defense was the story though. The Blackshirts combined for 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 7 INT, 5 pass breakups and a touchdown. FS Blake Robertson was once again the star, intercepting 3 passes in the game. Senior Kicker Cameron Davis should get honorable mention, as he kicked 4 field goals after the Nebraska offense inevitably punched itself in the dick once it crossed the 50 and had to settle for 3.

I did not expect my defense to be this dominant while my offense spends half the game playing like a bunch of drunks.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
So @TXHusker05 isn't the only one seeing fluke broken tackles. Quarterbacks are wiggling out of collapsed pockets and double-sided tackles.

Right? It's kinda weird. I can get Georgia's HB doing it, that guy is a monster and the Heisman leader. But his QB running right through a defensive tackle to run 32 yards on a QB sneak was crazy. I feel like there is an abnormal amount of broken tackles, but they aren't actually registering as broken tackles on the stat sheet which makes it hard to track them. They are more like guys just kind of bouncing around.

Noticed it some in my last few games, especially vs CPU USC and it was brutal vs Georgia because his team just overmatches me everywhere. I'm not sure how much of it is just my team not being very good or very deep and how much is just shenanigans.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I do have a recruiting question and I know that @Flanntastic is only using the 3 points he is allowed, but he is gaining 50 a week for one of the players we're in a battle for yet his bonus is only 20 greater than mine. Since I've never been in a battle with a User for a recruit until now I've never seen that before. I'm assuming we're both going 500 pts on him, shouldn't I only lose 20 per week? Last week was 55 and this week is 50. No biggie just curious (not making ANY accusations here either LOL)
whats the guys name? 500 points is the limit the CPU will let me put on guys, but I know what you mean, there are a few guys that TN gains 50 points a week on me, i figured he was closer in distance to the kids home

Akecheta

RecruitQuestion.JPG
whats the guys name? 500 points is the limit the CPU will let me put on guys, but I know what you mean, there are a few guys that TN gains 50 points a week on me, i figured he was closer in distance to the kids home

He is the #1 DE in the country.

Akecheta

Right? It's kinda weird. I can get Georgia's HB doing it, that guy is a monster and the Heisman leader. But his QB running right through a defensive tackle to run 32 yards on a QB sneak was crazy. I feel like there is an abnormal amount of broken tackles, but they aren't actually registering as broken tackles on the stat sheet which makes it hard to track them. They are more like guys just kind of bouncing around.

Noticed it some in my last few games, especially vs CPU USC and it was brutal vs Georgia because his team just overmatches me everywhere. I'm not sure how much of it is just my team not being very good or very deep and how much is just shenanigans.

I'm going to blame 5 QBA.... and leave it at that :thumbsup:

Actually I think I mentioned it to Walter after my first couple of games. Nothing like watching your 325 DT get trucked by a 6'1" 187 QB.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'm mentioning @SandS2910 because he just did it, but this applies to everyone. I think we should make it a rule that once you pick a team you need to stay with them at least 2 years, or at least no more switching schools in the middle of the season. I totally get why you would want to pick California, but the constant switching can create problems (in my other league one team is glitched due to a former user's HC taking over a CPU team). Also it's just strange to see guys with different teams every year and conferences being changed every year because of it.

Hopefully we can all get our XP back at some point (I'm at 0 too) so people can put in the time to build their programs up (which is my favorite part). I think mine will work when I "quit/rejoin" since I had a couple assistants leave in the off-season (doesn't make sense, but I think this has something to do with it). I hate breaking up my coach prestige, but it's worth it to be able to fully scout again.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
View attachment 1729

He is the #1 DE in the country.

It should work like a straight math problem. But sometimes the bonus points will fluctuate from what you see online, to what you see on the console. From my experience this happens for bonuses like playing time, playing style which can change from week to week due to stats accumulated and recruits committed.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
California WR corps is ridonkalous. They are like 10 deep and all studs.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
So has everyone that has left, gone to another team and come back ended up with XP? Or is it reliant on taking over a formerly user controlled team? Or is it random? My assistants are gaining XP but obviously I am not.

I really don't want to give up Nebraska because obviously I'm a Nebraska fan but I'm going to struggle with recruiting. I won't bother if it a 50-50 proposition but if it seems to be working for everyone I might think about moving.

Akecheta

So has everyone that has left, gone to another team and come back ended up with XP? Or is it reliant on taking over a formerly user controlled team? Or is it random? My assistants are gaining XP but obviously I am not.

I really don't want to give up Nebraska because obviously I'm a Nebraska fan but I'm going to struggle with recruiting. I won't bother if it a 50-50 proposition but if it seems to be working for everyone I might think about moving.
Of you have played your game this week. Then @Walter23 should bump XP to 7.

You leave, then rejoin AFTER adv. See if thay works. Use a new coaches name.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Of you have played your game this week. Then @Walter23 should bump XP to 7.

You leave, then rejoin AFTER adv. See if thay works. Use a new coaches name.

Sands and I have already played, but he left and rejoined as Cal already so I would worry me leaving would throw out the results of the game which I don't want to do.

If that works though that's good to know.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Sands and I have already played, but he left and rejoined as Cal already so I would worry me leaving would throw out the results of the game which I don't want to do.

Definitely wait for a bye week. Everyone that left and came back got XP this year.

Akecheta

I do know the Coach XP has had to have been changed between leaving and rejoining.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SandS2910

I didn't expect to get XP but I would try after the advance.

I switched for the user recruited team... Just seemed like 5* and 6* non user teams never had good recruits. Probably benefited from not being in the powerhouse conferences.

Ooh yeah, I can't wait to play you again! The think I found a formula to stop your running game... NOT! If I could keep up the 3 yrd gains I might have a chance!!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I didn't expect to get XP but I would try after the advance.

I switched for the user recruited team... Just seemed like 5* and 6* non user teams never had good recruits. Probably benefited from not being in the powerhouse conferences.

Ooh yeah, I can't wait to play you again! The think I found a formula to stop your running game... NOT! If I could keep up the 3 yrd gains I might have a chance!!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Yeah Nebraska was obviously user recruited early on, but those guys are all graduating and what's left isn't pretty. I'm not sure I'll be able to survive that long, I'm already undermanned and I don't see any way I can even make up my Seniors this year, never mind recover some of the missing players.

I don't have another user game for 3 weeks, so we'll see if that works then.